What's your EDC?

Jack Aubrey

EDC: Every Day Carry. I've always been interested in what folks carry with them to use on a daily basis. I myself like to be prepared so I carry a multitude of tools and survival gear. I've gotta go get ready for an appointment, but I'll be back later and post some pics. In the meantime, y'all feel free to contribute to this and post pics if you can!

See you shortly.

Phone: like everybody have these days.

Headphones: so I can listen to music, because who can survive whitout music, right?

Keys: car keys + keys to my home + keys to work.

Wallet: inside is only cards, no money, such as driving license, bank card, cinema cards.

Knife: some of the areas I am in during the days is dangerous, so need it to protect my self, I have only used it once during the 10 years I have had it tho.

Prayer beads (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_beads), I don´t have them because I am religious, I have them because it is relaxing for me when I am stressed, sad, angry, bored or anything like that, it have helped me a lot. I buy one new every time I go to Greece and I go there every year because I got family there, so I got LOTS of them.

At least I think this is what you meant by EDC?

• Like 1

iPod classic (w/headphones), wallet. As far as pocket items are concerned that's it. Don't tend to need the phone most days, which is only a flip phone anyway.

As for other things, backpack items for school: folders, notebook, laptop/ipad, calculator, writing utensils, planner, first aid kit, mini journal, reading book, various textbooks. Not all of it is necessary each day, but it's better to keep those items in my backpack than anywhere else.

On my person I'm also known to wear a trilby whenever I go out, a name tag for giggles, my high school class ring, a digital watch, a Jerusalem cross necklace, and two of my coats have pins from my favorite bands (Queen and Rush).

• Like 1

I literally thought you were exclusively talking CC handguns with the thread title :LOL:

I didn't think too many TRFers are actively carrying a concealed weapon every day

yeah, I carry a wallet, keys, and a phone. Of note, I don't play the "wallet in back pocket" game. Front left, always has been.

• Like 1

Phone: like everybody have these days.

Headphones: so I can listen to music, because who can survive whitout music, right?

Keys: car keys + keys to my home + keys to work.

Wallet: inside is only cards, no money, such as driving license, bank card, cinema cards.

Knife: some of the areas I am in during the days is dangerous, so need it to protect my self, I have only used it once during the 10 years I have had it tho.

Prayer beads (https://en.wikipedia...ki/Prayer_beads), I don´t have them because I am religious, I have them because it is relaxing for me when I am stressed, sad, angry, bored or anything like that, it have helped me a lot. I buy one new every time I go to Greece and I go there every year because I got family there, so I got LOTS of them.

At least I think this is what you meant by EDC?

Yes, that's great! Thank you.

• Like 1

I carry a purse which holds rotating stuff, but I always carry

Keys

Phone (don't usually use it but it is rural around here, I carry to call auto club)

Bank card

Water

Migraine tablets

• Like 1

Zumbi, may I ask about that one time ?!?!?

Did you pull it out when you found out someone couldn't repair your turntable ?? :LOL:

• Like 5

Did you pull it out when you found out someone couldn't repair your turntable ?? :LOL:

Haha no. It was maybe 3-4 years ago, I was minding my own business, I was walking to a friend during the evening. And then a guy came and tried to steal my money, I said no, then he tried to attack me, I stabbed him in his knee! Then I just ran away as quick as possible.

• Like 3

Haha no. It was maybe 3-4 years ago, I was minding my own business, I was walking to a friend during the evening. And then a guy came and tried to steal my money, I said no, then he tried to attack me, I stabbed him in his knee! Then I just ran away as quick as possible.

Wow. Good thinking going for his knee, rather than, say, his heart!

• Like 1

Rah rah ree stab him in the knee

Rah rah rass stab him in the other knee

• Like 1

The repairman who couldn’t fix Zumbi’s turntable last summer was found murdered in an alley. A knife was found in the victim’s chest and “Lita Ford” carved into his forehead.

Police never did find who was responsible but I do remember Zumbi buying a new knife shortly after that tragedy. Just sayin’.

The repairman who couldn’t fix Zumbi’s turntable last summer was found murdered in an alley. A knife was found in the victim’s chest and “Lita Ford” carved into his forehead.

Police never did find who was responsible but I do remember Zumbi buying a new knife shortly after that tragedy. Just sayin’.

The repairman was a jerk (then again, 90% are). The only question is, how many, and which formats was the event recorded in?

• Like 1

Being a professional survival instructor, I feel compelled to "walk the walk" and also having a touch of OCD can be an excellent tool if you train yourself to channel it in the proper direction as it enables me to "wargame" potential scenarios in my head and the do my utmost to prepare for them. (Side note: preparing beforehand for emergencies is a great way to get yourself some peace of mind. Try it and watch your stress levels will drop.) Therefore I carry on my person:

A good, stout folding knife. Specifically a Hogue EX-01 to which I've tied a para cord lanyard giving me roughly six feet of cordage, and with para cords five inner strands, it totals 30 feet of cordage with which I can rig a shelter, set traps and snares, make a stickbow, make a bowdrill, etc. etc. Cordage is one of your five most vital survival tools. Speaking of, I also wear a para cord bracelet which gives me roughly another fifteen feet of cordage, multiply it by five and I've got another 75 feet! I carry a military-style bandana (100% cotton. That's important.) with which I can rig a sling (the kind you use to hurl rocks), wet and cover my head to keep cool, tie around my ankle and walk through dew-y grass to soak up the water to drink, use as an emergency bandage, etc. Literally 101 uses. I also always carry a multi-tool, which not only give me another knife as it features a good blade, but I also have a lot more tools at my disposal for field repairs. I went on Amazon and bought one of theose ferro-rods that screws into a knurled case which faetures a compass on the butt end. I took it and braided para cord around it and stitched it to my multi-tool sheath, thus making the tool and ferro rod together a mini-survival kit. Also in the sheath with the multi-tool is a flat knife sharpener. I carry also chapstick, Scope breath spray (which contains alcohol and will help you get a fire going), a bic lighter, and a small pen knife for small jobs (you can do a big job with a small knife but you can't do a small job with a big knife!) The pen knife is a Christy knife, and I highly recommend you go to their website and order you one because they're just awesome and they're also not your typical knife (go to their site & you'll see what I mean.) In my off-hand pants pocket I carry a tactial flashlight which runs at 800 lumens and has two seperate switches, one for steady on and another for strobe, which is extremely useful for disabling an attacker. In some cases, it's been known to make people throw up, so if he's puking he for sure ain't gonna be thinking about hurting you anymore!

I carry a few other things but that's enough for now. Any questions, fire away!

Here's the website for Christy knives. Do check them out!!!

http://www.christycompany.net/

Camo Razorback ball cap

Hey, I have one of those!

:cheers:

My BFF David (†), was a Razorback fan, used to live in Little Rock Ark. oh, and I also always carry a 2.5 inch [when closed] Browning pocket knife. [Gibbs' rule No. 9, always carry a knife]

zrIFPd1.gif?2

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 2