• Superconductor
    • Face Up
    • Neurotica
    • Speed of Love
    • Dog Years
    • The Stars Look Down
    • Bravest Face
    • Virtuality
  2. 2. How do you feel about a chosen song?

• I still like it, though it's the worst.
    • It's kinda OK.
    • I don't care for it (and very rarely listen it).
    • I just dislike it.
    • I loathe it!

This is hard for me, as I think that Rivendell, I'm Think I'm Going Bold, Superconductor, Face Up, Dog Years, and The Stars Look Down are all pretty awful.

The rest I think are decent to superb.

I loathe Dog Years and Rivendell is a close second. I guess I'm one of the few that likes Red Lenses.

I like Red Lenses too. Its Between the Wheels that sucks from GuP. Never understood the love.

I like that one too! It had a lot of radio play in 1984. How old are you?

Too old! :-) my name should give it away...

Any "worst Rush Song" poll without Anagram and Second Nature might as well be a "Best of" poll. My "worst" poll would be as follows:

• Anagram (For Mongo)

• Second Nature

• Anagram (For Mongo)

• Second Nature

• Rivendell

• Anagram (For Mongo)

• Second Nature

• Anagram (For Mongo)

• Second Nature

• Speed of Love

• Anagram (For Mongo)

• Second Nature

I like Second Nature. But I agree Anagram is a crapagram.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

"In a dog's life

A year is really more like seven

And all too soon a canine

Will be chasing cars in doggie heaven"

Quite possibly the worst rock lyrics by any artist, anywhere and at anytime in history.

:facepalm:

That’s f***ing genius compared to Counterparts lyrics, including Speed of Love.

• Like 1

"In a dog's life

Quite possibly the worst rock lyrics by any artist, anywhere and at anytime in history.

We'd elect each other president!

• Like 3

"In a dog's life

It’s the earnestness of the Counterparts lyrics which make them so horrible...Neil is being playful and funny in Dog Years, so it’s tough for me to criticize jokes which I still think are a bit funny.

"In a dog's life

It’s the earnestness of the Counterparts lyrics which make them so horrible...Neil is being playful and funny in Dog Years, so it’s tough for me to criticize jokes which I still think are a bit funny.

Same here.

"In a dog's life

Not even the worst lyrics on T4E....ever heard Half the World?

I changed my vote from Rivendell to Red Lenses.

Although Rivendell bores my sh*tless, Red Lenses is one of the few Rush songs I loathe.

• Like 1

Out of this list, I only have a favorable opinion of Emotion Detector and a neutral opinion of The Stars Look Down. Everything else is below average or just plain bad.

I went with Rivendell because I always feel embarrassed (for Rush I guess?) when listening to it.

Rivendell - embarrassingly bad

I'm Think I'm Going Bald - bad lyrics, subpar music

Madrigal - boring and drags down an otherwise amazing album

Red Lenses - I find it really annoying but I can sort of appreciate some of it from a musical perspective

Emotion Detector - I kind of like

Tai Shan - boring, too soft, what were they even thinking? at least it is easy to skip

Superconductor - bad song that is frustratingly catchy

Face Up - Not the worst song on this album

Neurotica - There are actually some good parts to this song but overall a mess (also where is You Bet Your Life???)

Speed of Love - One of their worst but I sort of love that it exists to make fun of

Dog Years - Bad lyrics and the music isn't all that great either

The Stars Look Down - I have no major problems with this song...just pretty average/boring

Bravest Face - Singing is rough (also Good News First is worse)

Virtuality - Bad lyrics but not quite as bad as Dog Years

Bravest Face wins but the unlisted You Bet Your Life is a strong second place and is pressing for the gold medal of shit.

Neurotica, Face Up, and Speed of Love are in a tight race for the bronze medal.

I can’t say I loathe any of these tunes...but it is a strong disliking that I have.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Bravest Face wins but the unlisted You Bet Your Life is a strong second place and is pressing for the gold medal of shit.

I can’t say I loathe any of these tunes...but it is a strong disliking that I have.

Many of them are just so...unnecessary.
  • Like 2

Emotion Detector has zero votes in this poll. How do you feel about that tune? I always thought of it as a filler on Power Windows.

Emotion Detector has zero votes in this poll. How do you feel about that tune? I always thought of it as a filler on Power Windows.

I’m not surprised it has zero. I’d say it’s the best thing on there...but that’s not saying it’s THAT good. To me, it’s just okay. It’s my least favorite tune off Power Windows...which is better than any album which followed. A very solid 8 out of 10 points for the album, probably 5/10 for that song.

Also, it doesn’t surprise me that Rivendell is winning. For me, I don’t like it but I always forget about it. But with my worst (Bravest Face) the thought “I really dislike this” enters my mind immediately.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

There's one that everyone's forgotten the 1973 pre-RUSH album Johnny Blaze penned song. Co-written with Alex and Geddy under the name John Slutsey in September 1972, how could you forget the truly Godawful "Play Like a Tool, Act Like a Fool, You're Stuck on My Shoe Like a Sample of Stool" It's so bad it's a classic of it's own kind!

:smoke:

There's one that everyone's forgotten the 1973 pre-RUSH album Johnny Blaze penned song. Co-written with Alex and Geddy under the name John Slutsey in September 1972, how could you forget the truly Godawful "Play Like a Tool, Act Like a Fool, You're Stuck on My Shoe Like a Sample of Stool" It's so bad it's a classic of it's own kind!

:smoke:

Shortly later, this would be reworked into “You Can’t Fight It”. Not one of my best but what can I say, I was only a month old in September ‘72.

• Like 3