YYZ Reaction/Review--Lost in Vegas

Tombstone Mountain

Let the adulation and comedy begin. Many on the forum have been keeping an eye on these guys waiting for them to review and react to Rush....here it is! It's a blast to listen to these dudes.

And this song made the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B52bvzudAvQ

Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 16

:ebert:

Great review and thanks for posting, Duff! It's a great way to re-discover a song I've heard hundred's of times...and probably take too much for granted these days. It really is a fantastic instrumental. :haz:

• Like 5

Great review and thanks for posting, Duff! It's a great way to re-discover a song I've heard hundred's of times...and probably take too much for granted these days. It really is a fantastic instrumental. :haz:

Michael Jackson...they connected Michael Jackson with YYZ. Funny stuff.
  • Like 6

Yeah I just watched that, it seemed like they liked this best of all the videos they've seen. And where's the lyrics?? :LOL:

"My momma would get up and two-step to this shit"

And his uncle "these guys are jammin!"

"Am I supposed to moonwalk to this?"
  • Like 3

Yeah, the first thing I've always thought of when the groove drops in is Beat It. :laughing guy:

• Like 4

Yeah, the first thing I've always thought of when the groove drops in is Beat It. :laughing guy:

Interesting how Geddy really recieved the majority of high praise from Ryan, though all of them got a lot. He was smitten with Ged.
  • Like 2

Interesting how Geddy really recieved the majority of high praise from Ryan, though all of them got a lot. He was smitten with Ged.

It's the FUNK!

• Like 5

I'll give them this....... They seemed to have grasped the concept of Rush and YYZ (in particluar) for the most part. There are a lot of people that listen to "rock" that never have and never will never.

It's funny that people who don't listen to much good rock have the opinion about the the bass and the drums being good but they don't have much to say about the electric guitar. The importance of it is probably tone deaf to them until/unless they explore further an develop and ear for it.

Edited by liquidcrystalcompass
  • Like 5

MJ and YYZ are now forever moonwalking in my head.

• Like 3

MJ and YYZ are now forever moonwalking in my head.

Where's Eddie Van Halen with a blistering solo?

• Like 1

Interesting these guys poo-poo'd Dream Theater, but loved this. An aside, they associated Rush with dope during the guitar solo. If only they attended a concert...be a lot of dope in the air...just sayin'!!!!
  • Like 2

Interesting these guys poo-poo'd Dream Theater, but loved this. An aside, they associated Rush with dope during the guitar solo. If only they attended a concert...be a lot of dope in the air...just sayin'!!!!

I never cared too much for Dream Theater. I always found that they were good musicians but a little weak in the song writing department.
  • Like 3