New OPETH album "Coming Mid - Late 2019"

Nate2112

I’m not lingering on this record (Sorceress) as being a beacon of hope for anything; it’s just what we did then and I’m hoping next time we’re going to do something different and I hope, something twisted. Nothing necessarily ‘great,' but twisted at least."

As any Opeth fan is aware of, the band is in a constant state of evolution, especially over the last decade and even more particularly, in the 2010s where Akerfeldt has completely abandoned the use of his acclaimed guttural vocal style in the studio. They're a band that continue to challenge themselves and their fans and regarding the follow-up to Sorceress, Akerfeldt doesn't appear to want to act with haste. "Maybe the end of, or mid-2019, I’m thinking. I want to have a sabbatical, because we’ve been doing this for a long time, so I want to keep away and just be with my kids. Once I write songs, I want to sit and be," he commented.

http://loudwire.com/...eth-album-2019/

PUMP'D

Edited by Nate2112
  • Like 2

That gives them plenty of time. I wonder if it will be more in the metal direction or more in the prog direction. It seems like most of their metal fans have given up on them by now(not that I care).

I got the new live album to review - sounds INCREDIBLE, but Akerfeldt is definitely struggling with the growls. I guess that explains their change of direction. I think eventually we're gonna get a 100% growl-free Opeth show.
  • Like 1