The Last Jedi Reaction thread [SPOILERS galore!]

JohnnyBlaze

Episode VIII  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade The Last Jedi?

2. 2. Do you plan on seeing The Last Jedi in the cinema again?

3. 3. The Last Jedi is better than... ((check the ones that apply))

• A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • The Force Awakens
    • Rogue One
    • NONE!!!

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+

New Hope: A

Return: A-

Rogue One: B+

Force Awakens: B

Last Jedi: B-

Revenge: D+

Clones: D

Phantom: F dammit!!!

You guys must be hardcore Star Wars !! I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom, Attack and Clones. Not nearly on par with the first 3 movies, but definitely not as bad as you guys think.

Yes! Also I don't get why people hate Phantom so much more than Clones. Much as enjoy all three prequels, even I'll admit half of Clones is barely watchable because of the "romance" between Anakin and Padme and how terribly the whole thing is performed (and written). Phantom is heartwarming! Solid B- from me at worst.

Probably because Portman looks hot battling giant iguanas!

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/5c/0d/145c0df79cdde84c1ec52fcfa692db06--padm%C3%A9-amidala-queen-amidala.jpg

This picture makes me want to become a massage therapist.

so romantic

StarWars-AttackoftheClones-1.jpg

That’s one of the most honest and believable moments of the movie. Out of all the crap dialogue, I never understood why people pick on the one of the only pieces which works.

No one gives a damn about his opinion about sand. Or his unnecessary description of its qualities.

I hate snow. It's cold and wet and gets in my hair and makes me shovel.

I hate dog shit. It's foul and unsightly and smells bad and gets all over my yard.

I hate farts. They smell and they linger and I don't want to smell someone else's shit molecules.

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

You guys must be hardcore Star Wars !! I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom, Attack and Clones. Not nearly on par with the first 3 movies, but definitely not as bad as you guys think.

Yes! Also I don't get why people hate Phantom so much more than Clones. Much as enjoy all three prequels, even I'll admit half of Clones is barely watchable because of the "romance" between Anakin and Padme and how terribly the whole thing is performed (and written). Phantom is heartwarming! Solid B- from me at worst.

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/5c/0d/145c0df79cdde84c1ec52fcfa692db06--padm%C3%A9-amidala-queen-amidala.jpg

so romantic

That’s one of the most honest and believable moments of the movie. Out of all the crap dialogue, I never understood why people pick on the one of the only pieces which works.

Because it's sounds corny as heck, and it's a lot easier to swallow than the even angstier and more awkward "relationship" scenes which devour the rest of the movie.

so romantic

Because it's sounds corny as heck, and it's a lot easier to swallow than the even angstier and more awkward "relationship" scenes which devour the rest of the movie.

How is it corny? It is a bunch of facts with a simple opinion of how someone who was a slave on a desert planet feels about sand. I might add, sand does suck major ass for the very reasons Anakin points out :D

I agree. It's a good metaphor for Anakin's desire to leave Tatooine in favor of somewhere far more pleasant.

Most of their scenes together should have included similar dialogue. It would have been much better than "You're so beautiful"...... "I'm so in love".... "I deeply love you"..... :facepalm:

• Like 1

I agree. It's a good metaphor for Anakin's desire to leave Tatooine in favor of somewhere far more pleasant.

Most of their scenes together should have included similar dialogue. It would have been much better than "You're so beautiful"...... "I'm so in love".... "I deeply love you"..... :facepalm:

Had a decent actor delivered those lines it might not be as cringe worthy. But it's horrid.

Had a decent actor delivered those lines it might not be as cringe worthy. But it's horrid.

Just imagine a Top Level actor like Natalie Portman having to say her horrible lines. It must have given her migraines.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Just imagine a Top Level actor like Natalie Portman having to say her horrible lines. It must have given her migraines.

sam-natalie-portman-garden-state.jpg?w=708&h=398&crop=1
  • Like 1

Oh.....NO! :o :o :o

The Last Jedi is on sale now, in stores everywhere!

gbyebgfpastlnh2marla.jpg

Oh.....NO! :o :o :o

The Last Jedi is on sale now, in stores everywhere!

gbyebgfpastlnh2marla.jpg

I look forward to owning it. The making of documentary is supposed to be excellent.

• Like 2

Me with a copy of Last Jedi...

http://sw-daydreamer...ge/170616591359

But I bought it just for YOU! The 4K Blu-ray version!!

You owe me 30 bucks!! :P

• Like 1

I have all the Star Wars movies on DVD. The buck stops here tough. I'm taking a hard pass on this piece of garbage. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson ruined the franchise. I literally hope something bad happens to these people..
  • Like 2

I have all the Star Wars movies on DVD. The buck stops here tough. I'm taking a hard pass on this piece of garbage. Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson ruined the franchise. I literally hope something bad happens to these people..

Well, here's an online petition for you from Change.org: Disney must fire Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson from Lucasfilm

https://www.change.o...fb-91ed9a87c96c

...we must give a vote of no confidence [nice nod!] in Kathleen Kennedy’s and Rian Johnson’s leadership. They should be removed from Lucasfilm and not be allowed to make another Star Wars movie. They have created a toxic organization that rewards poor job performance and is not open to receiving new ideas. They have also never looked at the success of Rogue One, which is everything a Star Wars film should be.

Episode VIII is nothing more than lazy and poorly written fan fiction, and we cannot have something like this happen again. The fans want good old fashioned story telling with real character development. They want to know and understand the struggles the characters are going through and how they overcame them. They want no political correctness, no underlying political agenda, and no bullshit. George Lucas also needs to come back to Disney as a Creative Consultant. The Disney writers have proven they do not understand how Star Wars works or what it’s about. If Disney does not take heed of what we are saying, then we will hit them where it hurts, which is in their bank account.

Edited by goose
  • Like 2

Well, here's an online petition for you from Change.org: Disney must fire Kathleen Kennedy and Rian Johnson from Lucasfilm

...we must give a vote of no confidence [nice nod!] in Kathleen Kennedy’s and Rian Johnson’s leadership. They should be removed from Lucasfilm and not be allowed to make another Star Wars movie. They have created a toxic organization that rewards poor job performance and is not open to receiving new ideas. They have also never looked at the success of Rogue One, which is everything a Star Wars film should be.

Episode VIII is nothing more than lazy and poorly written fan fiction, and we cannot have something like this happen again. The fans want good old fashioned story telling with real character development. They want to know and understand the struggles the characters are going through and how they overcame them. They want no political correctness, no underlying political agenda, and no bullshit. George Lucas also needs to come back to Disney as a Creative Consultant. The Disney writers have proven they do not understand how Star Wars works or what it’s about. If Disney does not take heed of what we are saying, then we will hit them where it hurts, which is in their bank account.

yes they have a whopping 871 signatures.

• Like 1

yes they have a whopping 871 signatures.

:LOL:

• Like 1

VIII is polarizing, but not universally hated. It'll likely be considered the least good of the new movies a decade down the road, but I doubt most will ever place it with I and II.

And for the record I love it. Looking forward to getting this one on blu-ray when I get the chance. IX has a lot to live up to... assuming Solo is good... anyone else think that teaser didn't look as promising as one would've hoped?

So, re-watched this in the theater with the Lad. Still a half-good movie, mixed with absolute eye-rolling moments. And way too long.

Remove Finn and Rose and have Holdo tell Poe there are concerns of a First Order spy, and this movie vies for a top 3 slot.

...wow...yeah no that would actually make TLJ possibly my favorite SW movie ever....why didn't they do that?

• Like 1

Porgispheres

The Dark Side of the Porg

Close to the Porg

The Porg Album

Porgtrot

Selling Achto by the Porg

The Porg Lies Down on Canto.

Wish You Were Porg

And Then There Were Porg

Porgmato

21Porg

A Porg at the Opera

News of the Porg

Sheer Porg Attack

Caress of Porg

Moving Porgs

Grace Under Porg

Sgt. Porg's Lonely Holdos Club Band of Rebels

198Porg

In The Porg of the Crimson King

Rust In Porg

Master of Porgettes

Porganoid

Rubber Porg

Exile On Porg St.

Some Porgs

Rock and Porg Over

What's The Story (Morning Porgy)

Porglife

OK Comporger

...And Justice for Porg

A Vulgar Display of Porg

this is still fun....

• Like 1

Porgispheres

The Dark Side of the Porg

Close to the Porg

The Porg Album

Porgtrot

Selling Achto by the Porg

The Porg Lies Down on Canto.

Wish You Were Porg

And Then There Were Porg

Porgmato

21Porg

A Porg at the Opera

News of the Porg

Sheer Porg Attack

Caress of Porg

Moving Porgs

Grace Under Porg

Sgt. Porg's Lonely Holdos Club Band of Rebels

198Porg

In The Porg of the Crimson King

Rust In Porg

Master of Porgettes

Porganoid

Rubber Porg

Exile On Porg St.

Some Porgs

Rock and Porg Over

What's The Story (Morning Porgy)

Porglife

OK Comporger

...And Justice for Porg

A Vulgar Display of Porg

this is still fun....

Screaming for Porg. It never gets old.

• Like 1

So, re-watched this in the theater with the Lad. Still a half-good movie, mixed with absolute eye-rolling moments. And way too long.

Remove Finn and Rose and have Holdo tell Poe there are concerns of a First Order spy, and this movie vies for a top 3 slot.

...wow...yeah no that would actually make TLJ possibly my favorite SW movie ever....why didn't they do that?

and include the deleted scene where Luke actually morns Hans death.

• Like 2

Because then it becomes a bit darker a la Rogue One which wasn't what they wanted. But I agree, it would’ve been better following Led’s idea. (I wouldn’t say it’d become top 3 for me though.)

That whole Del Toro sequence was just a waste of valuable movie time. Dumb

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Currently watching, for the first time, the Blu-ray reworked version of Return Of The Jedi.

Oh my gawd.....what utter stupidity. The opening scene in Jabba’s chamber....Lucas turned it into total shit.

:facepalm:

That is, BY FAR, the worst of the tinkering Lucas did to the special editions. It's worse than the entirely new and shitty ending of Jedi, worse than the terrible CGI Jabba getting stepped on by Han... It's totally embarrassing. What were they thinking??!

Worse than Greedo shooting first or kenobi’s dragin scream?

• Like 1

Currently watching, for the first time, the Blu-ray reworked version of Return Of The Jedi.

Oh my gawd.....what utter stupidity. The opening scene in Jabba’s chamber....Lucas turned it into total shit.

:facepalm:

That is, BY FAR, the worst of the tinkering Lucas did to the special editions. It's worse than the entirely new and shitty ending of Jedi, worse than the terrible CGI Jabba getting stepped on by Han... It's totally embarrassing. What were they thinking??!

Worse than Greedo shooting first or kenobi’s dragin scream?

Yes, it was worse. It was blatant pandering to children. It was a Muppet Show music video.

I will NEVER watch it again. It's the original version or nothing.