The Last Jedi Reaction thread [SPOILERS galore!]

JohnnyBlaze

Episode VIII  

42 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade The Last Jedi?

2. 2. Do you plan on seeing The Last Jedi in the cinema again?

3. 3. The Last Jedi is better than... ((check the ones that apply))

• A New Hope
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • The Force Awakens
    • Rogue One
    • NONE!!!

I saw "The Last Jedi" last night for my second time! I LOVED IT MORE!!!!!!

I thought I was going to be bored. I caught some stuff I missed the first time through!

EPIC!

MINUS THE DISNEY MAMMALS AND THE FAIRY GODMOTHER IN SPACE CRAP!

I can't wait for EPISODE IX: RISE OF THE NEW ORDER!

Hamill has already signed on! Can't wait!

This skit is complete CRAP.

However, I watched "The Phantom Menace" last night so it's fresh in my head.

I LOVED IT! Thought it was going to be garbage but it was excellent!

So the reason why I watched "Phantom" was because I watched a five minute video proving that Jar Jar Binks is indeed a Sith Lord.

It's incredible and makes sense but I still can't believe it.

Has anyone else on here watched the video??

Lucas wanted Jar Jar to be the ULTIMATE SITH LORD but had to can the idea thanks to backlash.

Crazy!

So the reason why I watched "Phantom" was because I watched a five minute video proving that Jar Jar Binks is indeed a Sith Lord.

Lucas wanted Jar Jar to be the ULTIMATE SITH LORD but had to can the idea thanks to backlash.

Crazy!

He made a shit character and this Jar Jar as Sith Lord nonsense is trying unshit him retroactively.

• Like 1

Crazy!

He made a shit character and this Jar Jar as Sith Lord nonsense is trying unshit him retroactively.

I KNOW!!!

Zoe, my oldest daughter played the video for me yesterday. I couldn't believe it. It makes total sense that Jar Jar is the highest Sith Lord ever created in the Star Wars Universe.

Alas.... BULLSHIT.

JAR JAR IS A JOKE!

So, re-watched this in the theater with the Lad. Still a half-good movie, mixed with absolute eye-rolling moments. And way too long.

Remove Finn and Rose and have Holdo tell Poe there are concerns of a First Order spy, and this movie vies for a top 3 slot.

• Like 2

I thought "The Last Jedi" was pretty terrible. If I was the CEO of Disney, I'd seriously go back to everyone involved and say WTF. It's a billion dollar franchise that nobody involved with the creation of new content seems to understand even a little bit.
  • Like 2

I thought "The Last Jedi" was pretty terrible. If I was the CEO of Disney, I'd seriously go back to everyone involved and say WTF. It's a billion dollar franchise that nobody involved with the creation of new content seems to understand even a little bit.

IMO, Disney’s biggest mistake was letter the director, Rian Johnson, do whatever he wanted with the storyline. From what I’ve read, Abrams had a rough draft for the film, but Johnson ignored it. Now, Abrams has to literally start from scratch when he makes this last chapter of the Skywalker saga.

• Like 1

IMO, Disney’s biggest mistake was letter the director, Rian Johnson, do whatever he wanted with the storyline. From what I’ve read, Abrams had a rough draft for the film, but Johnson ignored it. Now, Abrams has to literally start from scratch when he makes this last chapter of the Skywalker saga.

it still runs circles around the prequels.

• Like 1

it still runs circles around the prequels.

I agree, but my main beef is that this last trilogy could have been really great. Abrams has a huge task ahead of him with Episode IX.

• Like 3

I liked the movie but basically spent 2 years thinking Luke would come in lightsaber blazing and kicking the shit out of everybody. I gave it a "B" and it's better than all 3 prequels and Rogue One.

Currently watching, for the first time, the Blu-ray reworked version of Return Of The Jedi.

Oh my gawd.....what utter stupidity. The opening scene in Jabba’s chamber....Lucas turned it into total shit.

:facepalm:

That is, BY FAR, the worst of the tinkering Lucas did to the special editions. It's worse than the entirely new and shitty ending of Jedi, worse than the terrible CGI Jabba getting stepped on by Han... It's totally embarrassing. What were they thinking??!

The problem i had and still had was Johnson. tried to do to much and he cluttered the damn film. good stuff in it for sure. but you must wade through some pure shit to get to it.

i seriously thinking of skipping his trilogy if their all like TLJ. holy shit no thanks.

Mick

• Like 1

^ Actually now that I think about it R1 and 6 are kind of a tie for me

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

Empire: A+

New Hope: A

Return: A-

Rogue One: B+

Force Awakens: B

Last Jedi: B-

Revenge: D+

Clones: D

Phantom: F dammit!!!

You guys must be hardcore Star Wars !! I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom, Attack and Clones. Not nearly on par with the first 3 movies, but definitely not as bad as you guys think.

Yes! Also I don't get why people hate Phantom so much more than Clones. Much as enjoy all three prequels, even I'll admit half of Clones is barely watchable because of the "romance" between Anakin and Padme and how terribly the whole thing is performed (and written). Phantom is heartwarming! Solid B- from me at worst.

Probably because Portman looks hot battling giant iguanas!

• Like 1

They’re the two that’d be the closest (points-wise, if there were such a scale)...maybe like an A- and B+ respectively. Empire would certainly be an A+ and A New Hope an A. So maybe like this:

You guys must be hardcore Star Wars !! I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom, Attack and Clones. Not nearly on par with the first 3 movies, but definitely not as bad as you guys think.

Yes! Also I don't get why people hate Phantom so much more than Clones. Much as enjoy all three prequels, even I'll admit half of Clones is barely watchable because of the "romance" between Anakin and Padme and how terribly the whole thing is performed (and written). Phantom is heartwarming! Solid B- from me at worst.

145c0df79cdde84c1ec52fcfa692db06--padm%C3%A9-amidala-queen-amidala.jpg
  • Like 1

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/5c/0d/145c0df79cdde84c1ec52fcfa692db06--padm%C3%A9-amidala-queen-amidala.jpg

This picture makes me want to become a massage therapist.

• Like 1

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/14/5c/0d/145c0df79cdde84c1ec52fcfa692db06--padm%C3%A9-amidala-queen-amidala.jpg

so romantic

StarWars-AttackoftheClones-1.jpg

• Like 2

so romantic

Boner killer.

I love you!

-- I love you more.

No, you don't. I love YOU more!

-- We're gonna do this for all of Eternity, aren't we?

Yes, my love, we are.....and I love YOU more.....

ng9pcb9.jpg

• Like 2

I love you!

-- I love you more.

No, you don't. I love YOU more!

-- We're gonna do this for all of Eternity, aren't we?

Yes, my love, we are.....and I love YOU more.....

http://i.imgur.com/ng9pcb9.jpg

Weird to know that Empire is from the same franchise as that crap!

• Like 2

so romantic

That’s one of the most honest and believable moments of the movie. Out of all the crap dialogue, I never understood why people pick on the one of the only pieces which works.