A E R O S M I T H

rickyrob

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Oct 1 2005, 05:53 PM)
I read that Joey Kramer will be sitting out the upcoming tour.

I doubt if I would notice any difference unless his replacement is like way better. laugh.gif

He don't seem like the kind of drummer that his absence would affect the overall sound a whole hell of a lot. laugh.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Oct 2 2005, 03:02 AM)
I still say "Rock in a Hard Place" is phenomenal (the album without Joe Perry)

I agree, I love that album, it has something special 1022.gif

I like Aerosmith. Unlike others, I don't "prefer" one phase of their career to another, other than I dislike everything they've put out ever since Get a Grip. However, Get a Grip and Toys in the Attic are my two favorites.

I don't have any of their albums, but once when I was a panelist on a teenage discussion show on Irish radio (before getting into it myself - I was a school nominee), I picked Sweet Emotion as my favourite song to be played.

I'd got it on one of the K-Tel "Axe Attack" albums.

About six months later, I heard some high pitched guy caterwauling about invisible airwaves, and my fate was sealed.......

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Oct 4 2005, 08:45 PM)
About six months later, I heard some high pitched guy caterwauling about invisible airwaves, and my fate was sealed.......

That's exactly what happened to me. I was heavily into Aerosmith, Boston, Ted Nugent, and the whole southern rock thing (go ahead, make fun tongue.gif ). Kansas' Leftoverture album introduced me to prog rock, and then I heard "Spirit Of Radio" on the...um, radio, and that was it. Hook, line and sinker.

Back to Aerosmith, Their Rocks album is my fave. I like its dark and heavy tone. Aerosmith at their meanest.

"Seasons Of Wither" is a pretty cool tune.

Yeah Rocks is their best CD, IMO

Back In The Saddle, Last Child, Sick As A Dog & Nobody's Fault are all cool tunes.

I don't mind their earlier stuff. When they were reborn, I didn't really take the stuff that seriously. Yes, some of it has comedic value. Indeed, not meant to be taken seriously. I have heard that they use a lot of stidio gimmicks these days. One of my friends told me that Steve Gadd sells his drum tracks for use in songs, and that at least some of them are definitely used by Aerosmith. That could explain Indy's comment about not missing the drummer too much.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Oct 1 2005, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (physics23 @ Oct 1 2005, 02:19 PM)
Pump was Aerosmith's best album,

You are joking I hope.

Nope. But Pump was the first Aerosmith I ever heard, and "Janie's Got a Gun" and "Love in an Elevator" were among those songs that really got me into (hard) rock in my formative years.

Later, when I heard the 1980 Greatest Hits with "Dream On" and "Kings and Queens" I began to appreciate where Aerosmith had come from. But that didn't change the fact that Pump was a very well-crafted piece of work and had been carved into my being. A couple of forgettable tracks, sure, but definitely a treasure for its decade.

http://lilithlotr.ejwsites.net/articles/allureJan-02/tousled.jpg

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 3 2012, 11:21 AM)
bumper.gif

1022.gif

Once, they were a drug-addled, tune-filled beast of raw awesomosity.

Before John Kalodner:John Kalodner, no drugs, American Idol & Burger King.

Once upon a time I loved these guys. They were in my top five favorite bands. Pump was their last great album. I haven't bought anything since then. Tyler's a bit of a joke now, sad to say.

Aerosmith - not a fan.

Like Dream on and Sweet Emotion. The song Angel is ok.

The album Done With Mirrors is ok.

Other than that - no.gif

Saw them twice live. Once in 1988 with Guns & Roses. G & R blew them off the stage. Aerosmith was just bad. Don't know how else to put it.

Saw them a couple of years back with KISS. Again, Aerosmith just sucked. KISS was real good.

If other have had good concert experiences with Aerosmith I an envious cause that ain't my experience.

If I have the dance to see them again I would pass (even if it was for free).

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 24 2012, 11:44 AM)
New song, Legendary Child.

Pretty good, which is a nice surprise. Mister Whitford, Joe and Joey sound great!

It's got a bit of bollocks, which cannot be said about a lot of their more recent output.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBVJ5--bLQ

It's nice to hear them sounding like a rock band again... but they blatantly stole that riff from Led Zeppelin's Wonton Song.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 24 2012, 02:42 PM)

Pretty good, which is a nice surprise. Mister Whitford, Joe and Joey sound great!

It's got a bit of bollocks, which cannot be said about a lot of their more recent output.

It's nice to hear them sounding like a rock band again... but they blatantly stole that riff from Led Zeppelin's Wonton Song.

Its got to be hard to play any new riff that isn't stealing from something.

Headlong Flight steals from Bastille Day. Being that its there own song, I'm sure Rush knows they did it.

QUOTE (Tick @ May 24 2012, 02:54 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 24 2012, 02:42 PM)

Its got to be hard to play any new riff that isn't stealing from something.

Headlong Flight steals from Bastille Day. Being that its there own song, I'm sure Rush knows they did it.

Neil confirmed (on his site, I think) that the "Bastille Day" reference in "Headlong Flight" was indeed intentional.

The riff in that new Aerosmith song is reminiscent of "Wonton Song," but not enough to bother me. Good song!