Your Personal Top Ten Albums Of 2017

Segue Myles

10. Mastodon- Cold Dark Place

mastodon_colddarkplace.jpg

The Emperor Of Sand was a decent release, and I will be honest, I nearly put it at 10 as a double with this glorious EP. But that is the issue, this EP is so good I didn't need to second guess if or where it should have been placed. Like all great EP's, the only flaw I can think of is that I would have liked more from them in this very personal vein.

8/10

9. As Lions- Selfish Age

http://www.angrymetalguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/as-lions-selfish-age.jpg

Bruce Dickinson's son formed a new band. And they are not remotely original, but they are very good pop-metal songwriters, and Austin Dickinson is blessed with tremendous pipes, not unlike his dad's, but with all his own personality.

8/10

8. Royal Thunder- WICK

http://www.spinefarmrecords.com/usa/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/01/2.jpg

I love Royal Thunder, and WICK might just be the bands finest work to date! It has received an excellent response from both mainstream and underground critics, which is quite surprising, as this rather heavy album doesn't try to please, with its Mastodon meets Fleetwood Mac as they clash in the american south sound and the raspy vocals of lead frontwoman Miny Parson's about as unpretty as they come. Still, a truly great album that for a little while was my sure winner for Album Of The Year title.

8/10

7. Soen- Lykaia

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/soenlykaiacd.jpg

I know very little about this band. What I do know is that Soen create beautiful songs that sound only an inch away from having mainstream crossover potential. Beautiful, soaring, delicate, this is what I love about a lot of Scandinavian music. The melancholy really suits my palate.

9/10

6. Leprous- Malina

http://www.themidlandsrocks.com/wp-content/uploads/Leprous-%E2%80%93-Malina.jpg

Of all the bands and albums on this list, this is my most recent first time listen. And I can imagine burning out fast on this band, because they are so addictive, there is a high chance I could overplay it. But with killer songs like Bonneville, Mirage, Malina and the killer Queen meets Muse hooks of Illuminate, I cannot quite imagine ever being completely over this record. Melodic and instantly gratifying, Leprous create a sound that lacks originality, but they make up for it instead with great vocals, stunning musicianship, and a lot of rather off kilter moments that ensure the listener is kept attentive throughout.

9/10

5. Paradise Lost- Medusa

http://www.metalinjection.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/paradiselostmedusacd.jpg

Paradise Lost are my favourite metal band, and I will always support them, even though I found Tragic Idol a pretty great, if verging on generic, goth metal record, and the Plague Within an almost impenetrable wall of sound, one that lacked the bands signature use of melody that helped them win over a wide audience. But whilst Medusa arguably offers more of the same, they somehow do it better. Fearless Sky, The Longest Winter, Blood And Chaos...there is a purity to this record that ensures that, whilst it remains a VERY heavy return to their doom metal roots, minor fragments of their melodic past shine brighter in the mix. In my opinion, Medusa is a high work of art and incredibly beautiful. The finest Paradise Lost album since 2009's Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.

9/10

4. Trivium- The Sin And The Sentence

http://www.hmv.com.hk/data/upload/goods_photos/2017-10-30/59f6bce474742.jpg

Trivium are very easy to hate. After two albums that catered almost embarrassingly to the metal mainstream (the rather tepid, if catchy Vengeance Falls and the undeservedly maligned The Silence In The Snow), Trivium return to their best form: killer hooks, huge riffs, and experimental ambition. Songs such as Sever The Hand, The Revanchist, Thrown Into The Fire and the terrific title track hark back to their genre defining earlier efforts Ascendancy and Shogun, which helped to bridge the gap between the growingly tiresome metalcore movement and the great thrash and prog-metal bands of the eighties/nineties. Trivium, however, did not become popular without a little help from killer melodic hooks, and this album balances the poppier sound that helped them breakthrough into the general mainstream with their more ambitious side. Beyond Oblivion, Other Worlds and The Heart From Your Hate could all have been, in an alternate universe, radio hits, whilst The Betrayer, Beauty In The Sorrow and Endless Night take the shameless commercial blandness of their less esteemed material, and pump them up with adrenaline and more complex arrangements. Lead vocalist Matt Heafy has always been, in my opinion at least, one of modern metals most endearing vocalists, and with The Sin And The Sentence he gives his best ever vocals. But the true star of the album is the new drummer Alex Bent, who injects a startling amount of energy into this record. The bands finest album since 2008's masterful Shogun.

9/10

3. Taylor Swift- Reputation

DIFLgHZU0AEyc9u.jpg

Few on this forum will appreciate my love for this girl. But this is exactly the album she needed to release, and lyrically she bites, croons, sulks and laughs, often at herself, to the sound of the eighties as heard by the leaders of the modern EDM movement. ...Ready For It, I Did Something Bad, Endgame and the divisive Look What You Made Me Do are killer pop songs, whilst Delicate, Gorgeous and the rather wondrous Getaway Car hark back to her roots. Album highlight for me is Delicate.

10/10

2. AFI- AFI (aka "The Blood Album")

AFI_albumcover_635_635_s_c1.jpg

AFI are one of the defining bands of my youth. Black Sails In The Sunset, Sing The Sorrow and the wildly successful Decemberunderground have all been addictions I have joyously battled in the past, these records often never leave my player for months at a time. But the same cannot be said for the bands last two records: the underappreciated, if pedestrian Crash Love and the rather clumsy Burials. But they came back to the top with their self-titled 2017 release. Every single track is great, the entire record hums to its own tune, and the band sounds both nostalgic and revitalised by a sudden surge of new inspiration. Dark Snow, Aurelia, Snow Cats (possibly my song of the year!) and the closing slower number The Wind That Carries Me Away all stand out. But the truth of the matter is that AFI is an album full of nothing but standouts. Punkier, and even catchier, than they have been in years, there is also a return to their gothic roots that inspires me, and the end result is not only one of my favourite albums of the year, but also my favourite AFI album to date.

1. Fleet Foxes- Crack Up

crack-up.jpg

Fleet Foxes really delivered with Crack Up. I don't just mean they released a great album, rather, they released a true masterpiece, which is something I felt they were incapable of doing again. Three classic albums in a row. Folkier, proggier and even more emotional than they have ever been before, Fleet Foxes may never be able to top this. If You Need To, Keep Time On Me, Fool's Errand and the astonishingly beautiful Third Of May/Odaigahara are all great songs. But Crack Up has got to be consumed whole. I have had a shockingly painful year. I have suffered the worst abuse, nearly died, lost my head completely at several points and made some grave errors of judgement. 2017 has been the worst year of my adult life thus far. But I also found love (thank you John), and no album could have done a better job at soundtracking the schizophrenic nature of my year better than this.

10/10

• Like 5

I'd have have to really rack my brain.....as this is the first year in a bit i didn't pay close enough attention to music. kinda took the year off, lol

hope to change that this coming year.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I don't think I can get 10 but the biggest ones for me were:

unnamed-4-1504800576-640x640.jpg

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold

Fantastic album from them after the mediocre Sonic Highways. Love listening to this one from start to finish and it can compete with Wasting Light or The Colour And The Shape as my favorite. They've embraced the sounds of the past, channeling their influences very heavily here - Led Zeppelin, Beatles (Paul McCartney actually plays drums on one track), their grunge roots from the 90s, and the title track is pure Floyd. It all works very well.

71eoXmu5LoL._SX342_.jpg

David Gilmour - Live at Pompeii

Getting new Gilmour (or quality Floyd in general) is a really rare thing. Gilmour's Rattle That Lock was a pretty good album especially if you're a fan of The Division Bell-type Floyd. This live album is definitely missing Richard Wright (RIP) but the quality of the performance is top notch. Gilmour broke 70 last year but his guitar playing and singing are still as beautiful as ever. This recording's got some stuff from Rattle That Lock and On An Island, and of course plenty of Floyd favorites including some resurrected gems such as Sorrow, Coming Back To Life, and in true Pompeii fashion, One Of These Days. If you like Pink Floyd this really deserves a listen because it sounds just fantastic.

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Greta-Van-Fleet-Black-Smoke-Rising-1.jpg

Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising

It's only an EP but wow, where did these guys come from and why do people actually care about them? They're unashamedly channeling their Led Zeppelin fandom but they sound damn good doing it, with a strong set of songs.

That about covers it for me for 2017, though it was a fantastic year for concerts as well, catching Iron Maiden in July and Foo Fighters this past November. My "band that's already been around but I'm late to listening to them" of the year is Porcupine Tree and they've got quite the catalog of material for me to sift through. Lightbulb Sun, Deadwing, and especially Fear Of A Blank Planet are awesome records

Similarly, doubt I can name ten new ones, but some big highlights:

MisterWives - Connect The Dots, easily my album of the year. If you haven't done yourself the favor of checking this album out, you're only refusing yourself the privilege of ear candy indie pop with muscle.

White Reaper - The World's Best American Band, so short, but so good. These guys know what rock and roll is and ought to be. Check this out if you like KISS, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith, The Ramones, Bryan Adams, Weezer, power pop, pop punk, arena rock, or good rock and roll music.

Styx - The Mission, I had the lowest of expectations for this album, didn't even expect to care enough to give it a listen, and it blew me and my dad away. Apparently Styx really doesn't need Dennis DeYoung, not if they can still write and perform material this undeniably great on their own. Not my all time favorite of theirs, but surprisingly up there.

Kendrick Lamar - D***, totally different from anything else on this list, here we find my slowly evolving taste in music taking a turn towards rap, and this seems to be some of the best this generation has to offer. Kendrick has a diverse range of flows and voices which appear across the album, often times within the same song. He also shows a talent for writing in a variety of tropes and styles, and his lyricism never ceases to captivate. Tracks like DNA. and HUMBLE. of course catch the ear instantly, but it's deeper cuts like ELEMENT., PRIDE., and LUST. which leave me coming back for more.

Foo Fighters - Concrete And Gold, I still haven't revisited this one after one or two listens on Spotify, but right from track one I was ecstatic to hear the Food trying something a little bit different, with Queeny harmonies and an older kind of production. Maybe not all of the songs are their best, but the album as a whole seems to stand testament to the strengths and sounds of classic rock, and that's difficult for me not to enjoy.

Imagine Dragons - Evolve, This will be another defining moment of their career in the history books. After the overwhelming build-up success of Night Visions, and the faltering, over-the-top semi-flop of Smoke + Mirrors, Imagine Dragons choose to streamline their sound and songwriting on their third album. The result is immediately radio friendly, with synths that might belong in the 80s as much as 2017 often playing a larger backing role than Wayne Sermon's minimalistic guitar accompaniment. However, nothing here is overtly too pop for the "alternative" audience which Imagine Dragons plays to, though many may not like the overly-repititious hook of Thunder (those same people often ignore its other, semi-moving lyrics and the beautiful guitar/vocal solo midsong). Many of the tracks here feel relatively interchangeable, Start Over's vibe not all that different from Mouth Of The River or I'll Make It Up To You (whose backbeat sounds suspiciously identical to Everybody Wants To Rule The World by Tears For Fears). It's not a perfect album, few are the absolute emotional highs (or lows) or the last two records, but it's consistently appealing and catchy, and it's difficult not to enjoy at least most of the tracks (opinions will differ on the Revolver-esque experiment "Yesterday")

And there may be others I'm forgetting, but these are the new albums which impacted me most this year.

• Like 4

These are the ten:

Segue Myles and the Prissy Butter Bean Wheels with Grey Frills - Squeezing Human Tissue Pips

Tony R - Covering in Dung and Digging Up My Grandmother For Pearls

Lorraine - Secret Sexy Underwear Detector

Cylonus X-1 - Aerosmith Tribute on Ice

Bowl City and His Toilet Bowl-Licking Tableau - Eating Old Black Greasy Rubber

Entre_Perpetuo and the Supermarket Bleach Thieves - Punch Your Cat's A-Hole

Your_Lion and the Tiny Cublings - Squatting in Town to Spread Brown

Rick N Backer and the Shemale Troll Clown Cops - Mincing About on a Saturday Morning's Brothel Raiding

Stormtron and the Underpants of Doom - Fart From Your Soul and Fill That Salad Bowl

Texas King and His Multitudinous Useless Polls - Kill Me Now Before I Go and Do Another One ARRRRRRGGGH!

• Like 9

These are the ten:

Segue Myles and the Prissy Butter Bean Wheels with Grey Frills - Squeezing Human Tissue Pips

Rick N Backer and the Shemale Troll Clown Cops - Mincing About on a Saturday Morning's Brothel Raiding

Stormtron and the Underpants of Doom - Fart From Your Soul and Fill That Salad Bowl

Texas King and His Multitudinous Useless Polls - Kill Me Now Before I Go and Do Another One ARRRRRRGGGH!

Yay I made it in!

Not sure what I ever said that had to do with supermarkets, bleach, or punching cats though.

These are the ten:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/love/love0063.gif

Thank you. At least someone appreciated it. It's generally been getting lousy reviews

• Like 4

I'm not even sure I can narrow it all down yet, but let's see...

10. Kelela - Take Me Apart

A wonderful collection of futuristic R&B/electronic pop songs. For a debut album, this is one hell of a confident introduction.

Must listen: LMK, Frontline

9. Tony Allen - The Source

Swinging, soulful, and playful, this jazz album is incredible. It takes inspiration from hip-hop, swing, Afrobeat, etc. Just a really fun jazz record. Not much else to say about it, really. If you like jazz even a little bit, then you'll love this album.

Must listen: Cruising, Woro Dance

8. Paramore - After Laughter

Didn't think I'd ever have Paramore in a list like this. But this is one of the most fun records I've heard all year. There's something therapeutic about a band crafting happy sounding songs with morose lyrics. Definitely an infectious album. Some 80's vibes here and there, but with a more modern zip to the sound. The song structures themselves are fairly simplistic, but listening to the instruments in the background will give you an appreciation for how well these songs are crafted.

Must listen: Hard Times, Told You So

7. Mokoomba - Luyando

Afro/jazz fusion band from Zimbabwe. Their singer has that classic, throaty African voice, and it works wonders with intriguing instrumentals. Not to mention the fact that the backing vocals provide perfect harmonies. It has an exotic vibe, and it always feels like it's live right in front of you. It's a shame that these guys only have two albums so far, but I'm just glad to hear them releasing music.

Must listen: Mokole, Kumkukanda

6. Ibibio Sound Machine - Uyai

This album is thrilling. Inspired by dance, funk, soul, jazz, electronica, and Afrobeat music (apparently I love Afrobeat music a lot this year), this album actually makes me dance like a damn fool every single time I put it on. That's quite an accomplishment in itself. But the music is wonderful, too. I dare someone to put this on and not move a muscle to its grooves. It's impossible.

Must listen: The Chant (Iquo Isang), Quiet

5. Forest Swords - Compassion

One of the most entertaining and thought provoking electronic albums I've ever heard. With the way he samples vocal passages, it feels like such a dramatic album at times. It has a tension to it. But it also brings many different parts that feel hopeful and inspirational. It's interesting how thought provoking the album is with little to no lyrics.

Must listen: The Highest Flood, Raw Language

4. Christian Scott aTunde Adjuah - Ruler Rebel/Diaspora/The Emancipation Procrastination

This is cheating a little bit, because Christian Scott released these three albums at different times throughout the year. However, they're meant to be a trilogy of albums, and they go together quite well. So, I'm putting them as one listing. I haven't heard a trumpet sound this good on a jazz collection in a long time. In fact, all of the instruments have a ridiculous impact in the mix. If you like some jazz with significant hip-hop influence, then check these out.

Must listen: New Orleanian Love Song, The Cypher, Idk

3. Steven Wilson - To The Bone

We all know about this album. I just love it. I think I love it more for the fact that it's not the same ol' progressive rock clichés thrown together once again. I mean, I love his previous releases, but these songs are concise, catchier, and more fun overall. It just sounds like Wilson is having more fun with his music, while still writing extremely good songs. Also helps that Ninet kills it once again. Just for the record, her album didn't make my Top 10, but it is also a great album. I'll just put that out there.

Must listen: Refuge, People Who Eat Darkness

2. Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Any other year, this would've been my #1 album, but it takes the runner-up spot this time. This is a beast of a rap album, in a completely different way than what To Pimp A Butterfly was in 2015. It's more hard-hitting, it's thought-provoking, it's in your face at times, but it also knows when to step back and become a passage into your thoughts. Like someone said above, Kendrick is insanely versatile, which is why he's at the top of the game right now. No one else is making albums like this. To have songs like DNA. and LUST. on the same album is kind of incredible in itself. But the execution is extraordinary. I'm honestly shocked this wasn't my album of the year, but one album did end up beating it out.

Must listen: DNA., LUST.

1. Susanne Sundfør - Music For People In Trouble

This album is a complete 180 from her previous album,Ten Love Songs. Whereas that album was all about electronic bops and beat-oriented pop, this new record is a stripped down, more folk-inspired effort. It's definitely more subdued, but it's engaging and intimate, yet haunting. It also has jazzier and other instrumental elements that rise to the surface at different times to flesh out the compositions. Each song seems to allow the instruments to take the song over for a while, giving the listener so much to hold on to. They're not just thrown in there randomly. Each passage has a purpose. Finally, Susanne's vocals are loud and confident, which I appreciate in songs that have so many softer elements. Everything about this album feels so right, and it impresses me more after being so enthralled with her electronic-pop efforts in previous years. Definitely my album of the year. And for her to beat out Kendrick tells me how special this album is, because his album was absolutely incredible as well. But I can't recommend this one enough.

Must listen: The Sound Of War, Bedtime Story

• Like 3

These are the ten:

Yay I made it in!

Not sure what I ever said that had to do with supermarkets, bleach, or punching cats though.

Maybe you should spend the next few days reading through your old posts to find it? :P

• Like 1

These are the ten:

http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/love/love0063.gif

Thank you. At least someone appreciated it. It's generally been getting lousy reviews

Aye!

Off the top of my head, in rough order:

Night Demon - Darkness Remains

Mastodon - Emperor of Sand

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic

Satan's Hallow - Satan's Hallow

Elder - Reflections of a Floating World

Municipal Waste - Slime and Punishment

Acid Witch - Evil Sound Screamers

Havok - Conformicide

Mutoid Man - War Moans

Midnight - Sweet Death and Ecstasy

I like the Royal Thunder album Segue mentioned too, I just think it's their weakest. Still good though.

• Like 5

IMHO, this was the best year in music in a long long time ... It's hard putting these album in order, as on any given day, Fleet Foxes could be at the top or Good Night Rhonda Lee will knock me over ... But regardless, I think my number one is set in stone, as it is my favorite metal album in a long long long time ..

Album Of The Year

1) Acid Force "Atrocity For The Lust"

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

2) Monarch Trail "Sand"

R-10608309-1500858799-4745.jpeg.jpg

3) Marty Friedman "Wall Of Sound"

41mkgtoUkhL._SS500.jpg

4) Pretty Boy Floyd "Public Enemies"

61uZGfLkEcL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

5) LA Guns "Missing Peace"

LA_Guns_300.jpg

6) Chuck Berry "Chuck"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2017/04/berry.jpg

7) Nicole Atkins "Goodnight Rhonda Lee"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/broadtime_thumbnails/189/418458112189/418458112189%3A300.jpg

8) Mephistofeles "I'm Heroin"

R-10754248-1503716138-1449.jpeg.jpg

9) Fleet Foxes "Crack Up"

Crack-Up_-_Fleet_Foxes.jpg

10) Jupiter "Tears Of the Sun" EP

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/03/34/POCS-1584.jpg

Honorable Mention

Styx "The Mission"

611sG9U-mzL._SY300_.jpg

• Like 6

1. Satan's Hallow - S/T

2. The Wizzards - Full Moon In Scorpio

3. Marty Friedman - Wall Of Sound

4. Glenn Proudfoot - Fire & Rain

5. Revolution Saints - Light In The Dark

6. Emblem - S/T

7. Jenner - To Live Is To Suffer

8. Lynch Mob - The Brotherhood

9. Night Demon - Darkness Remains

=10. Havok - Conformicide

=10. Acid Force - Atrocity For The Lust

• Like 4

IMHO, this was the best year in music in a long long time ... It's hard putting these album in order, as on any given day, Fleet Foxes could be at the top or Good Night Rhonda Lee will knock me over ... But regardless, I think my number one is set in stone, as it is my favorite metal album in a long long long time ..

Album Of The Year

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

2) Monarch Trail "Sand"

R-10608309-1500858799-4745.jpeg.jpg

3) Marty Friedman "Wall Of Sound"

41mkgtoUkhL._SS500.jpg

4) Pretty Boy Floyd "Public Enemies"

61uZGfLkEcL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

5) LA Guns "Missing Peace"

LA_Guns_300.jpg

6) Chuck Berry "Chuck"

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/files/2017/04/berry.jpg

7) Nicole Atkins "Goodnight Rhonda Lee"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/broadtime_thumbnails/189/418458112189/418458112189%3A300.jpg

8) Mephistofeles "I'm Heroin"

R-10754248-1503716138-1449.jpeg.jpg

9) Fleet Foxes "Crack Up"

Crack-Up_-_Fleet_Foxes.jpg

10) Jupiter "Tears Of the Sun" EP

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/pictures/l/03/34/POCS-1584.jpg

Honorable Mention

Styx "The Mission"

611sG9U-mzL._SY300_.jpg

What's that Acid Force like??

• Like 1

Alice Cooper - Paranormal

Black Star Riders - Heavy Fire

Blondie - Pollinator

Cheap Trick - We're All Alright

Ray Davies - Americana

Foo Fighters - Concrete & Gold

Old 97s - Graveyard Whistling

Ramones - Leave Home: 40th. Anniversary Deluxe Edition

Ramones - Rocket to Russia: 40th. Anniversary Deluxe Edition

Styx - The Mission

• Like 4

1. Satan's Hallow - S/T

2. The Wizzards - Full Moon In Scorpio

3. Marty Friedman - Wall Of Sound

4. Glenn Proudfoot - Fire & Rain

5. Revolution Saints - Light In The Dark

6. Emblem - S/T

7. Jenner - To Live Is To Suffer

8. Lynch Mob - The Brotherhood

9. Night Demon - Darkness Remains

=10. Havok - Conformicide

=10. Acid Force - Atrocity For The Lust

Great list TF

Metal is alive and well, to say the least !!

• Like 1

Album Of The Year

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

Duck, this is my favorite from the album .. But every song is killer

Acid Force is like this:

It's 1985, and Nuclear Assault is playing L'Amour in Brooklyn .. Opening are Exodus and locals TT Quick and Overkill ..

.. but first up is an unknown band from Slovakia called Acid Force ... They end up being the best band of the night

Edited by Lucas

Album Of The Year

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

Acid Force is like this:

It's 1985, and Nuclear Assault is playing L'Amour in Brooklyn .. Opening are Exodus and locals TT Quick and Overkill ..

.. but first up is an unknown band from Slovakia called Acid Force ... They end up being the best band of the night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_sncPezIA

it's not even available at amazon, in fact all I get is REAL acid when I put the name in!

Album Of The Year

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

Acid Force is like this:

it's not even available at amazon, in fact all I get is REAL acid when I put the name in!

I know, it was hard to get the CD .. I got mine on eBay .... The band was selling the CD on their website, but it was temporarily unavailable when I found out about it ..

You can order it here - or at least ask about it

https://acidforce.bandcamp.com/

Here's another good one ... Is this Lemmy talking in the very beginning ??

Edited by Lucas

Album Of The Year

Acid_Force_AFTL.jpg

Acid Force is like this:

I know, it was hard to get the CD .. I got mine on eBay .... The band was selling the CD on their website, but it was temporarily unavailable when I found out about it ..

You can order it here - or at least ask about it

https://acidforce.bandcamp.com/

Here's another good one ... Is this Lemmy talking in the very beginning ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oHULWA8uYQ

I saw that yeah but I think only a digital version is available. There's one on ebay but it's not new, and the guy is going on holiday or something so he might not be able to post it for a while even if you order it.

I think even if I tried, there wouldn't be a proper top ten, just a struggle to get a list of 10 albums that are really good at all.

Steven Wilson's album blows, I'm not a Slowdive fan, Ariel Pink and Maus's albums were mediocre.

The three or four albums I consider to be best weren't anywhere near as good as the best albums of last year.

Here's some songs I liked from this year instead.