Entre_Perpetuo

Rock operas showdown  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer

• Tommy - The Who
    • The Wall - Pink Floyd
    • whichever one is more metal
    • whichever one treeduck picks

Pretty straightforward. These two are easily the most infamous rock operas ever created, each exploring a character trapped in his own mind, with absent father figures (to an extent) and they each become some kind of superstar with slightly varying results.

For my money, The Wall is more cinematic and a bit easier to follow, and slightly more captivating, but Tommy's greatness cannot be discounted. With better production especially, who knows how much greater it's impact might've even been.

Hate The Wall.

Tommy is a good album.

Tommy. But its not one I come back too often.

Tommy rocks more than The Wall, although The Wall probably tells its story better.

Gotta go with the rock.

Tommy also has Keith Moon, and he's much more fun than Roger Waters.

Right+o+mate+bottoms+up+then_0920aa_3865419.gif

Interesting that both albums/movies deal with crippling emotional/physical factors due to childhood issues and fathers lost in the war.

Also interesting is that Tommy, as a recording, somehow seems fairly positive/upbeat despite its storyline, while The Wall is just depressing as f**k.

• Like 4

For a lot of people this might just come down to whether you're a bigger fan of Pink Floyd of The Who. Or it might be you're just more of a fan of either or the albums. For me I'm kind of neutral I'm a casual fan of these bands at best and the albums are kind of low on my playlist at all times. So which do I like best? I don't know.