Does "Desert Eagle" suck?

Texas King

Does "Desert Eagle" suck?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Does "Desert Eagle" suck?

When it comes to handguns does "Desert Eagles" suck, in your opinion?

What you think?

I found out that this type of handgun is so rarely used in general.

http://www.austriaarms.com/database_items/0_3546_desert_eagle_xix_stainless_steel_brushed%2C_compensated_.50_action_express.jpg

Edited by Texas King

It's quite possibly the least practical and most unwieldy autoloader of all time.

I'd have a laugh shooting one but that's it. If you just need massive creature stopping power in a pistol package (generally a bad idea in the first place), a S&W .500 revolver is a much better Joice anyway.

They're cool but they "suck" :LOL:

• Like 2

I like my S&W .40 S&W sigma.IRbBzxw.jpgLighter, good degree of stopping power, and the ammo is less expensive by far. This weapon is In line with a more powerful 9mm. I also own a Tokarev T33 .30 [original Russian], .45 Glock Model 21 and a S&W Model 29 .44 with 8 3/8 inch barrel.uh2UNpI.jpgzf0LJw0.jpgEXXSVaD.jpgI'm comfortable with all four weapons, and practice with them all. Edited by OldRUSHfan

This thread didn't really take off :LOL:

At times I have wondered if something along the lines of a TRF Firearms thread could survive here. We do seem to have some shooters and enthusiasts!

• Like 1

I had experience from my youth and military days but haven’t fired a weapon in many years.

I LOVE the place I go to Practice my shooting and accuracy at! I LOVE target shooting. People who've seen me shoot, mostly instructors, have asked me to join their teams, both target and live 'games' combative. Not into that stuff, I get enough watching today's movies...AAA, Ann Arbor Arms is the place I go for practice. Their the ones I told Lorraine about, they teach classes and sell 'accessories for shooters.

ka2UjaO.gif

I thought this was going to be the title of some new imperialistic, pro war propaganda film

I was thinking Jean-Claude Van Damme, just because it sounds too smart for a Steve Seagal title.

Seagal would have "Flight of the Sand Eagles", "Sand: Where Eagles Dare", or "Half Past Sandy".

btw, Steven Segal is said to have his own signature rifle, "Orsis, by Steven Seagal".

http://en.orsis.com/upload/medialibrary/759/759a08dd2ecf198d62d909cf6e4d2a16.jpg

So to answer the question as best I can: no, because Seagal's name isn't associated with it.

• Like 1

Yes, they suck in new and different ways. Too unwieldy for folks with smaller hands and too bulky to conceal unless you're wearing a parka and even then it might print. I've never understood the fascination with .44 magnum anyway. It probably stems from when John Milius erroneously called the .44 "the most powerful handgun in the world" in that Dirty Harry script.
  • Like 1

I thought this was going to be the title of some new imperialistic, pro war propaganda film

I was thinking Jean-Claude Van Damme, just because it sounds too smart for a Steve Seagal title.

Seagal would have "Flight of the Sand Eagles", "Sand: Where Eagles Dare", or "Half Past Sandy".

btw, Steven Segal is said to have his own signature rifle, "Orsis, by Steven Seagal".

http://en.orsis.com/upload/medialibrary/759/759a08dd2ecf198d62d909cf6e4d2a16.jpg

So to answer the question as best I can: no, because Seagal's name isn't associated with it.

Stevie generally likes 3 word movie titles such as Above the Law, Hard to Kill, Marked for Death, Out for Justice, On Deadly Ground, etc.

So the signature weapons he has are the “Hard Like Me” handgun and the “Suck On This” rifle with attachable sausage grinder. Available at Wal-Mart and select pork product wholesale factory warehouses.

• Like 2

Stevie generally likes 3 word movie titles such as Above the Law, Hard to Kill, Marked for Death, Out for Justice, On Deadly Ground, etc.

Hard to Stomach

Marked for Discount

Code Name: Groper

Direct to Disk

and his new thriller:

Carrotsucker: The Awakening

Screen_20Shot_202016-08-26_20at_2011.40.36_20AM.0.png

"Back off or I'll suck it!"

Yes, they suck in new and different ways. Too unwieldy for folks with smaller hands and too bulky to conceal unless you're wearing a parka and even then it might print. I've never understood the fascination with .44 magnum anyway. It probably stems from when John Milius erroneously called the .44 "the most powerful handgun in the world" in that Dirty Harry script.

How about the .50 AE variant? :LOL:

• Like 1

It's quite possibly the least practical and most unwieldy autoloader of all time.

I'd have a laugh shooting one but that's it. If you just need massive creature stopping power in a pistol package (generally a bad idea in the first place), a S&W .500 revolver is a much better Joice anyway.

They're cool but they "suck" :LOL:

I rented the .50 cal at a shooting range one time and it ejects the spent brass out of the top so they can hit you in the head. My brother had a hot casing land between his glasses and his nose and it burned him. Poor design.

But it looks cool when agent Smith straight arms it.

• Like 1

How about the .50 AE variant? :LOL:

Heee hee! PASS!

I do like the new Jericho pistol by IWI. In fact, I'll be buying myself one after Christmas! .45 ACP, of course. (Because they don't make a .46, right? :D )

All weapons sucks! You people that likes weapons are crazy!

:LOL:

You sir, have a very large pair of meatballs.

What about the Weapon of Love?

6740.jpg

but they're withered... :o

:banana:

Next time you need a cop don’t call one cuz they’ll bring weapons.

I have never in my life called the cop. So don´t worry, I wont....

Next time you need a cop don’t call one cuz they’ll bring weapons.

I have never in my life called the cop. So don´t worry, I wont....

I’ve never contacted a podiatrist before but if my foot is all messed up, I’m surely going to call him!

• Like 2