Black Friday

Lorraine

I actually think it would be funny to stage a Black Friday fight with someone. Fight over something silly, like a box of cereal.

:rage: :smash: :rage: :smash: :rage: :smash: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap:

maybe like these guys:

or better yet. fill up your cart with a stack of black friday 'specials' and then hide them throughout the store. hey, it's not like you're stealing them.

:coy:

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

Shopping as a blood sport?

I'd never even heard of Blech Friday until a couple of years ago. I guess it's kinda like "Boxing Day" but with actual boxing.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a shooting over a toy or a microwave or whatever. No, don't tell me...

Lor' old buddy, those videos were absolutely depressing. Thanks. :(

Happy Whatever, Shoppers.

It is depressing how people act. :(

But, cheer up! :) :cheers:

I actually think it would be funny to stage a Black Friday fight with someone. Fight over something silly, like a box of cereal.

:rage: :smash: :rage: :smash: :rage: :smash: :bitchslap: :bitchslap: :bitchslap:

maybe like these guys:

or better yet. fill up your cart with a stack of black friday 'specials' and then hide them throughout the store. hey, it's not like you're stealing them.

:coy:

Oh don't do that! :scared: People are nuts. :wacko: They'll kill you for something they think they want or have a right to have. :yes: :madra: :hi:

I'd never even heard of Blech Friday until a couple of years ago. I guess it's kinda like "Boxing Day" but with actual boxing.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a shooting over a toy or a microwave or whatever. No, don't tell me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlURDT84PM

• Like 1

It's only a bargain if you were going to buy it anyway.....

"If a TV is normally $500 and is on sale for $300, you didn't 'save $200', you spent $300."

My TV is older and still working so I've resisted buying a larger and better system (OLED, 4K, etc) even though the prices are pretty reasonable. At this point I'm just waiting until this one stops working. I have a hard time upgrading when the current model is doing what it's supposed to and will never understand the people who camp out for any of it. TVs, phones, or anything else.

• Like 3

Very good, but he spelled "fight" wrong.

"If a TV is normally $500 and is on sale for $300, you didn't 'save $200', you spent $300."

My TV is older and still working so I've resisted buying a larger and better system (OLED, 4K, etc) even though the prices are pretty reasonable. At this point I'm just waiting until this one stops working. I have a hard time upgrading when the current model is doing what it's supposed to and will never understand the people who camp out for any of it. TVs, phones, or anything else.

I'm in that boat too :LOL:

2+ year old phone, laptop turns seven next month, etc

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

I spent £11.00 on three CD's and bought a burger.

Wowsers!

And yes. I wanted those albums!

Definitely didn't feel the need to indulge myself in stuff I didn't actually want before today.

• Like 1

Very good, but he spelled "fight" wrong.

He did correct it though...

• Like 1

I'm in that boat too :LOL:

2+ year old phone, laptop turns seven next month, etc

Ha, the same with my laptop i'm using right now. It still works, why spend the money on a new one if I don't have to yet? Got my first smartphone only two and a half years ago. I had the same flip phone for about eight years before that. People kept saying I should upgrade and get something new and I always asked why should I when this one still works? I only got rid of it because my phone company forced users who had older phones to upgrade to 4G phones. That flip phone ruled. It was still worth $100 when I turned it in, so I got my smartphone for free.

I hate Black Friday. I feel trapped in my house.

I’d rather listen to Caress of Steel on an endless loop than shop today.

I went out early and picked up a pancake compresser and three finish nailers for $129. For the same price I got a sweet new vacuum cleaner for the new house. Wifey went back later and got a screaming deal on a washer/dryer set.

My first Black Friday!

Edited by goose

I will have to go out today and do some grocery shopping. There's a Target on the opposite side of the lot though and I will certainly be avoiding that. I used to work in retail and had my fill of black Friday hoopla years ago.

I went to Big Lots this morning to pick up a few groceries just to avoid the crowds. No one was in Big Lots.

I've seen more "Big Lots commercials this year when I watch network TV around this time of year.

, so that wont be emty much anymore...just looked up 'Black Friday' the term, and it started in the 50's by workers calling in sick to have a 4 day weekend in the Philidelphia area news papers. New York Times started it for BIG time in 75, and most of the rest of the U.S, picked it up in the eighties along with most major retailers.Since I worked for FORD starting in '77, we ALWAYS had the Friday off after Thanksgiving. Probably why I don't remember 'Black Friday' all that much. just another day to party!

X0Z9BxU.gif

• Like 1

Now that Black Friday is over I may leave my house.

The forecast is nice today, I may walk in a park, looking for the face of Zelix in every flower I see.

• Like 3

The forecast is nice today, I may walk in a park, looking for the face of Zelix in every flower I see.

Look up at the sky too. You may catch him smiling down at you. :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

In a larger sense, this shopping craze around Christmas tells how we approach material goods. My family hates shopping for me around Birthdays or Xmas because if they give me something I didn't really need or value, I won't use it (as a look at the 2017 desk calendar sitting next to me still unopened). But if there's something I want, I just go buy it myself. So I'm locked into 'if I want/need it, I buy it. If I don't want/need it, I don't buy it'.

I've played guitar for some time, but I still use my old gear because that's all I need. I constantly torture myself on getting better gear because I can afford it, but I know the newness will wear off in a month or two and then it will be another 'meh'.

When buying lotto tickets I often thought of what I'd do if I won. Most likely continue the same lifestyle because high-end merch just doesn't appeal to me. How many Ferraris does a rich person really need?

In a larger sense, this shopping craze around Christmas tells how we approach material goods. My family hates shopping for me around Birthdays or Xmas because if they give me something I didn't really need or value, I won't use it (as a look at the 2017 desk calendar sitting next to me still unopened). But if there's something I want, I just go buy it myself. So I'm locked into 'if I want/need it, I buy it. If I don't want/need it, I don't buy it'.

I've played guitar for some time, but I still use my old gear because that's all I need. I constantly torture myself on getting better gear because I can afford it, but I know the newness will wear off in a month or two and then it will be another 'meh'.

When buying lotto tickets I often thought of what I'd do if I won. Most likely continue the same lifestyle because high-end merch just doesn't appeal to me. How many Ferraris does a rich person really need?

Five, I believe. Past that it's just a little much.

Would it be possible for everyone to STOP feeding JR's delusion?

l3LuaZd.gif

l3LuaZd.gif

No. I won't stop.

I'm having fun doing it. And he knows we are teasing him.

l3LuaZd.gif

No. I won't stop.

I'm having fun doing it. And he knows we are teasing him.

Well, I guess UTOPIA doesn't exist anywhere in this world, so I gotta live with it. I just don't understand it.

gjSaNQG.gif