Top 5 nicest guys in rock (according to me)

oghond2112

Neil Peart is "nice"? :LOL:

Dave Grohl

Layne Staley (especially by the account of others in the industry, who described him as calm, gentle, childlike)

Alex Lifeson

Paul McCartney

Steve Hogarth

in no particular order

Edited by Day of Light
  • Like 1

Neil Peart is "nice"? :LOL:

Dave Grohl

Layne Staley (especially by the account of others in the industry, who described him as calm, gentle, childlike)

Alex Lifeson

Paul McCartney

Steve Hogarth

in no particular order

I think he is!!!

Alex Lifeson is REALLY nice, that's for sure, but number 1 for me is Geddy.

Ronnie James Dio always came across as a very nice guy. Especially when it came to making time to meet and talk with fans. He would sometimes spend hours talking with fans after shows. He was widely praised in the music world for the great person he was. Even before he died very few spoke bad of him.
  • Like 5

I'm no Neil basher but if you think he gives off a vibe of being nice then you have much to learn about his public persona. Geddy and Alex both come across as pretty cool dudes though.

I wouldn't confuse not being nice with being introverted or private. No need to give Neil another bad rap.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

I'm no Neil basher but if you think he gives off a vibe of being nice then you have much to learn about his public persona. Geddy and Alex both come across as pretty cool dudes though.

I wouldn't confuse not being nice with being introverted or private. No need to give Neil another bad rap.

All I have to say is that both Geddy and Alex are better persons than Neil and that's an undeniable fact.

All I have to say is that both Geddy and Alex are better persons than Neil and that's an undeniable fact.

Neil's shyness leads to him being misunderstood, but there's plenty from his words and actions to suggest that there's an ugly side to him.
  • Like 2

Seriously, you think they are better people? Why? Because they do meet and greets and appear on Trailer Park Boys episodes and talk to Dan Rather? Neil Peart is a private, somewhat introverted, person who has shared plenty with his fan base. Between the books and the instructional videos and the interviews Neil Peart has shared a lot of himself. Better people. What a crock...

Neil's shyness leads to him being misunderstood, but there's plenty from his words and actions to suggest that there's an ugly side to him.

Who doesn't have an ugly side? And does that necessarily make some one a bad person? Alex and Geddy have some cracks in the armor too.

Of the ones I've met...

Alice Cooper

Tom Petersson (Cheap Trick)

Billy Idol

Tom Petty

Mike Peters (The Alarm)

(PS...Hatchete is correct in saying that Jerry, Ty & Dug from King's X are great guys)

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 4

Bruce Dickinson, Trent Reznor, Robin Zander, Dave Grohl, Dave Navarro

Dave Navarro used to give me sex and love advice. He mentioned me on his radio show and I met him in a bar. We never even talked about the fact that we both play guitar. I think he just liked my Italian name cuz he's Latin.

• Like 2

I posted this a while back, but when I was a kid, I met then Aerosmith guitarist Jimmy Crespo .. here's the story:

This was around 1980 - My Dad had ordered a beautiful Guild 12 string acoustic guitar for me ( Dad really encouraged me with the acoustic at that age, if ya know what I mean ) from a store called The Guitar Trader in Red Bank, NJ .... My Dad and the owner of the store were friends, and because the store was all the way down in Red Bank, NJ ( 2 hours away ), we'd always go down on the weekend ..

But the store owner called on a weekday and told us the guitar was there - and being the impatient kid I was, and being the great Dad I had, we drove down on a weekday night after the store had closed to pick up the guitar ... The owner said he would wait, and he had some repairs to do on other things anyway ..

So we get there, and the owner lets us in - and leads us into the back where my new Guild was ... and on our way into the back, I see a skinny guy with long hair working on a guitar in the repair area ... And I kinda recognized him, but wasn't sure ... So we ask the owner, and he said "Oh yeah, that's Jimmy - he's got a gig a Nassau Coliseum this week and is getting his guitars ready"

It turns out that it was Jimmy Crespo, who had just taken over for Joe Perry in Aerosmith .... The owner leads us back there and introduces us - I was a big Aerosmith fan, so I was pretty star-struck ... Jimmy Crespo could not have been kinder or more receptive - when he found out why we were there, he wanted to see my new Guild - Jimmy stopped everything he was doing and spoke with us for a while ... He was so nice, and even my Dad ( who was a guitar player too, but Aerosmith or KISS was not quite his cup of tea ) loved Jimmy Crespo ..

He was so respectful and took the time to show me his guitars and told me about how it was pretty overwhelming coming in for Joe Perry ..... He left a huge, lasting impression on me ....

• Like 6

The nicest ones I've met:

Rick Wakeman

Steve Hackett

Fish

Jon Anderson

King's X - all three - gentlemen

Biggest surprise: Steve Howe, was expecting a cold fish because of the stories I'd read & heard, but he was lovely.

Didn't you meet Dave Gregory?

• Like 1