5 minute trailer of the Dan Rather Geddy interview has been released

blueschica

AXS has released a longer trailer of the interview Dan Rather did of Geddy that is airing next Tuesday, Oct. 24th. And if you don't get AXS, apparently you can download it the next day for $2.00 at this AXS website- http://www.axs.tv/bu...terview-online/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVya4G8uNQ

Here's another part of the interview-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVoEcHudb8w

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 13

So Geddy dealt with fame by feeling guilty by driving 200k away from fans.Some else didn't do so well

I always find Geddy comes across as very articulate and relaxed when interviewed.Alex is humorous to the point of being a clown while Neil if you get him started he won't shut up.Ahhhh. Will the inevitable question turn up. Robert Plant gets asked a similar question often.Looking forward to the whole interview.
  • Like 2

I always find Geddy comes across as very articulate and relaxed when interviewed.Alex is humorous to the point of being a clown while Neil if you get him started he won't shut up.Ahhhh. Will the inevitable question turn up. Robert Plant gets asked a similar question often.Looking forward to the whole interview.

It will. And Ged will say something to the effect of, "Well that's up to Neil, really. He is enjoying his time with his family. And I can't say I blame him but there is a part of me that would like him to agree to come back. But you know, the physical way he plays takes such a toll and it's unfair really to expect him to continually punish himself. I may not like it, but it's not about me. Its about us. So... We'll see."

Very non-committal but also communicating a sense of deep hurt that its over.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

For those who don't have access to AXS TV, the episode will be made available for digital purchase the following day for $2 here.

Yay!

He’s always seems so laid back and personable in interviews.

He would make a good horse racing caller.They still be running next week.

"I don't want to be that guy who runs away from fans."

that guy being Neil of course, lol

Haha! Ged - 1 Neil - 0

This incident must've occurred at the end of the 1987-88 'Hold Your Fire' Tour from referencing the tour archives here.

I recall reading the 2004 'Contents Under Pressure' book where 'Alex caught the flu, Geddy constantly had a sore throat, and the 'Hold Your Fire' Tour was long by RUSH standards'. There wasn't talk of a breakup but the band considered tossing in the touring towel.