Has anyone met THE BASS GOD??

oghond2112

I met the Bass God. In fact, I even sat at the bar with him and had a few beers and talked with him just after he put on one hell of a show. How it happened was all by chance and totally unexpected. You see, my cousin called me up and told me that he had tickets for the World championship Bass Fishing Tournament for that day and he could not make it and gave me the tickets. I went and I have to tell you that no one comes close to Kevin VanDam when it comes to Bass Fishing. I went to a bar after and to my utter surprise the Bass God himself was sitting at the bar. Edited by snowdogged
  • Like 1

It would be more interesting to hear about an accidental off duty meeting rather than the same routine that everyone goes through at a meet and greet, he's always travelling so somebody must have bumped into him somewhere? I'm regularly in the near vicinity of his London apartment and always keep an eye out for him wandering around!

I ran into Geddy and Alex by accident walking back to my hotel in Halifax in 2013, the night between the two shows.

When I realized who they were, I engaged them in some minor banter about shopping at midnight on a Wednesday (never dawned on me that their internal clocks on tour would be of a 4-12 variety so sleep wouldn't come at "normal" hours so to speak...). They were polite enough for sure, as we got to the front of my hotel (on the waterfront), I thanked them for so many years of entertainment and they said thanks back for saying it. Then they continued down the street into the night...god only knows where they were going as it seemed out of the realm of the waterfront area and more like it was moving towards residential space. I imagine they knew or heard of an out of the way watering hole and were checking it out.

The whole thing didn't take long but I was grateful that I met them in a natural environment and had a chance to thank them for so many years of music, which is all I could ever really ask for. I'm not a "star gazer" so to speak, and would never have interacted with them unless it was random and accidental, like this was.

It was very cool, and both Geddy and Alex were also very cool with me.

• Like 8

I ran into Geddy and Alex by accident walking back to my hotel in Halifax in 2013, the night between the two shows.

...god only knows where they were going as it seemed out of the realm of the waterfront area and more like it was moving towards residential space. I imagine they knew or heard of an out of the way watering hole and were checking it out.

It was very cool, and both Geddy and Alex were also very cool with me.

They were probably looking for donairs and hash. A Halifax tradition since the mid-70s!

Nice story! :cheers:

• Like 2

I met him (and Alex) at a q107 radio interview...hosted by Kim Mitchell. Kim spent and hour or two interviewing them.. Afterwards, g&a headed to the back of the room, sat at a table, and signed any item that a fan brought. During the interview, Ged spoke about a child's wedding, so when it was my turn for an autograph, I simply congratulated him on it...his face lit up...BIG smile...it was so nice!

I met Al in a restaurant years later...SUPER nice guy...

• Like 4