A Farewell To Kings 40th Anniversary Box Set

PolarizeMe

still didn't get mine from backstage yet. and I even pre ordered it back in October. never again.. cant even get a hold of them on the phone.. amazon all the way. I would have had it by now..

:( :( That's pretty lousy of them.

I would rather finally get around to purchasing the Sector sets than ever buying these individual sets.

The new artwork is honestly a travesty and I am gobsmacked anyone thought it worthy of an offocial release.

• Like 1

I would rather finally get around to purchasing the Sector sets than ever buying these individual sets.

The new artwork is honestly a travesty and I am gobsmacked anyone thought it worthy of an offocial release.

I agree that the new artwork is not as good, but Hugh Syme still did it so I'll give it a pass.

A travesty would have been new art work by a artist other than Hugh.

I agree that the new artwork is not as good, but Hugh Syme still did it so I'll give it a pass.

The fact it is Hugh makes me hate it even more. It is the shittest thing an artist of his calibre has ever had published for such a high end release.

EDIT: That I am aware of.

Edited by Segue Myles

still didn't get mine from backstage yet. and I even pre ordered it back in October. never again.. cant even get a hold of them on the phone.. amazon all the way. I would have had it by now..

Me either. My tracking # says delivery by Dec 9th. I should have known better too since I got screwed a few yrs back with the “one size fits MOST” hat I bought from them! I called and they said $15.00 to send it back on my dime!!

It's not as bad as I initially thought. (the three pieces that we saw before release are actually the worst of the lot, front cover and covers for Cygnus and Closer To The Heart.)

I like really like the rest of the art on the inside. It seems more in keeping with the theme of the album.

I just did a side by side, and I prefer the mix on DS , it has more balls and punchy.. sad they just couldn't leave lakeside park and closer to the heart on that one. and I wouldn't even would have got this new one..

The new mix is more level and balanced though maybe compressed a bit. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Happy to be able to enjoy both for different reasons.

Finally scored this box at Best Buy over the weekend. Got the last one. Definitely my favorite Rush studio album.

Was there a Best Buy exclusive? Might get another there if it's anything decent. Didn't bother with the gumby key chain.