Geddy Lee's upcoming "Big Beautiful Book of Bass"

RushFanForever

Welp, according to someone on the train, who was quoted in the RIAB post on FB, Geddy said there is going to be a book signing tour.

I don't know why he wouldn't want to do a book signing tour.

After all, he did do a CD signing tour for 'My Favorite Headache'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrkl9F_VcY

Because one promoted a musical collaboration full of new songs and the other is promoting a book devoted to basses? I can’t imagine he’d be as excited promoting his book as he was My Favorite Headache. Having said that, I can imagine him promoting the book.

Well, he’s a collector, and collectors love to talk about their Stuff, in this case, all his basses and basses in general.

• Like 2

Rumour has it Geddy will be at Sirius, and I just wrote to my local (nj) bookstore that does signings (including Bruce Dickinson last year and Roger Daltry next mth) and asked if they were going to get Geddy and they quickly replied "stay tuned!"

I'm going Roger's signing on the 25th.
  • Like 3

Rumour has it Geddy will be at Sirius, and I just wrote to my local (nj) bookstore that does signings (including Bruce Dickinson last year and Roger Daltry next mth) and asked if they were going to get Geddy and they quickly replied "stay tuned!"

Ohhh, I considered it, but decided not to, it’s Thursday night and I hate to miss band rehearsal. But tell me all about it afterwards !

• Like 1

Welp, according to someone on the train, who was quoted in the RIAB post on FB, Geddy said there is going to be a book signing tour.

He sure did. I went to one of them. Longest line I've ever been in but totally worth it.

• Like 2

He sure did. I went to one of them. Longest line I've ever been in but totally worth it.

First time I stood on line for a signing was when my buddy invited me to a Halloween KISS DVD signing. It was a whole wristband affair, and my friend managed to score an extra bracelet for me. It was a long line, but they knew exactly how many wristbands they gave out. It was just Gene and Paul, but in full KISS gear. The other two times were both in one day—same buddy invited me to wait forever on line to get Ace Frehley’s autobiog signed, and while standing on the longest line in the world, we checked their schedule and saw that Tony Iommi was signing his book that night across town at another store—was much farther up in line, but had to wait for it to start.

• Like 1

Geddy has been putting some photos of the book up on Instagram lately. Here are some of them! (an interview with John Paul Jones is missing because I think it was already posted somewhere on TRF . . .)

j0dh5PKh.png

3yTF1csh.png

• Like 2

Two more from today! I can't tell from his post if the Hofner is part of his collection, or part of a collection he photographed for the book.

TIB6ydnh.png

VBMQcVTh.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Ohhh, I considered it, but decided not to, it’s Thursday night and I hate to miss band rehearsal. But tell me all about it afterwards !

what bookstore is this, please?

If he were shooting for release day we’d probably already be informed by now (only just over a month away). But then again, we have no idea whether he’s planning a real “book tour,” a very few signings in maybe 2-3 big towns in both the US and Canada, or no signing appearances at all. Just have to keep checking the interwebs

Wouldn't touch it with a very long, very shitty stick....

If there’s a book tour, I’ll be sure to tell Geddy you feel that way.

Please do, though i'm sure the depths of his indifference will be truly outstanding.

• Like 1

Wouldn't touch it with a very long, very shitty stick....

If there’s a book tour, I’ll be sure to tell Geddy you feel that way.

Please do, though i'm sure the depths of his indifference will be truly outstanding.

“Fridge from TRF wouldn’t touch this with a long shitty stick”. I’m sure he’ll track you down to personally grovel apologetically at your feet and lick the fungus from your toes. BTW I’ll be seeing him in a month in NJ. And of course I’ll not be wasting even one of my 30 seconds talking about you, don’t worry.