Geddy Lee's upcoming "Big Beautiful Book of Bass"

RushFanForever

was hanging out with the Uncle today and I mentioned Geddy Lee because we were talking about our Mothers and he spilled the beans: he bought me THE BOOK! (out of fear that I might be buying it). I wasn't going to buy it. He should have rolled the dice! That would have been a huge surprise at Christmas!

It was funny he was like, you know I did something really nice 4 you. He said he wasn't going to tell me because I started being a douche with my guessing. Then he said I'm going to tell you and you can't tell anyone (the wife). I bought you Geddy Lee's Bass Book i as like "YOU BOUGHT ME GEDDY LEES BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK OF BASS?!?!?!

It was coming straight from his Camaro fund so I am priviledged :notworthy:

What a nice thing to do! I'll be raking leaves shortly because he said something about "rumination" lmao

d

• Like 2

If the signed edition is put on the band’s merch site rather than direct through the publisher, I’m guessing it will be a disaster now that musictoday is handling the official Rush merch. Worst customer service department ever, and worst track record with missing shipping dates and not bothering to tell anyone until months later when they finally get around to sending things.

Rumour has it Geddy will be at Sirius, and I just wrote to my local (nj) bookstore that does signings (including Bruce Dickinson last year and Roger Daltry next mth) and asked if they were going to get Geddy and they quickly replied "stay tuned!"
  • Like 5

Rumour has it Geddy will be at Sirius, and I just wrote to my local (nj) bookstore that does signings (including Bruce Dickinson last year and Roger Daltry next mth) and asked if they were going to get Geddy and they quickly replied "stay tuned!"

Oooh, keep us posted! :) :)

• Like 1

I've heard "stay tuned" in that context before. It's either there, Barnes and Noble in the City or both.

I wonder how extensive this "tour" is going to be

• Like 1

I've heard "stay tuned" in that context before. It's either there, Barnes and Noble in the City or both.

You have? As in, it ended up happening?

• Like 1

I'm hoping for Philly, myself! It's been a stop with a lot of big book releases in the past. . .

• Like 2

Sorry but that’s the way I see it. No need to be defensive.

How about not telling people how they should be. He countered your rather silly observation with facts,

Facts? Who farted on your cheese? :LOL:

How about not telling people how they should be. He countered your rather silly observation with facts,

Sorry. It me.

Sorry. It me.

Why am I not surprised? :D

Nobody from a bookstore, but I've heard that phrase from radio deejays and records store employees whenever I would ask when a rush single is coming out, if tour is being announced and when tickets are going on sale/ being given away.

In the case of the radio deejays, it might have been a line to get you to keep listening to the radio and it was pretty much certain it was going to happen (just a question of when.)

Depends on if the publisher wants to fund the "tour" and how beneficial it would be to them to have him do it. Then there's also the question if Geddy himself wants to do it. He did the signing for his solo album, but that was 18 years ago and it was before Thanksgiving.

But based on "stay tuned" I remain more hopeful than not.

• Like 1

Nobody from a bookstore, but I've heard that phrase from radio deejays and records store employees whenever I would ask when a rush single is coming out, if tour is being announced and when tickets are going on sale/ being given away.

In the case of the radio deejays, it might have been a line to get you to keep listening to the radio and it was pretty much certain it was going to happen (just a question of when.)

Depends on if the publisher wants to fund the "tour" and how beneficial it would be to them to have him do it. Then there's also the question if Geddy himself wants to do it. He did the signing for his solo album, but that was 18 years ago and it was before Thanksgiving.

But based on "stay tuned" I remain more hopeful than not.

Yes, me too. Because it was the bookstore who said stay tuned, so I don’t think they would have said that if it wasn’t a possibility because why bother they would’ve just said no plans at this time. They have nothing to gain by my keeping an eye on their website.

• Like 2

what a silly expression

but yeah facts - you suggested Geddy was emulating Entwistle, another poster pointed out that Entwistle was hardly the first to put out a book of guitars (bass or otherwise). Your suggestion was nonsense and when someone pointed that out you called them defensive. That's all

So I was listening to Classic Rewind (ch 25) on Sirius today, and tuned in to the end of a Rush song (and forgive me, I totally forget what it was, one of the usual, nothing too interesting or rare) and Kristine Stone (the DJ) came on afterwards and said she's heard there's going to be a book tour and hopes he will stop by Sirius. Which isn't quite the same as saying he WILL be coming to Sirius, which is what I heard from some guy on a FB page, but anyway, she DID HEAR THERE WILL BE A BOOK TOUR.
  • Like 3

So I was listening to Classic Rewind (ch 25) on Sirius today, and tuned in to the end of a Rush song (and forgive me, I totally forget what it was, one of the usual, nothing too interesting or rare) and Kristine Stone (the DJ) came on afterwards and said she's heard there's going to be a book tour and hopes he will stop by Sirius. Which isn't quite the same as saying he WILL be coming to Sirius, which is what I heard from some guy on a FB page, but anyway, she DID HEAR THERE WILL BE A BOOK TOUR.

Oooh, thanks; I was listening to Deep Tracks and missed it! :LOL:

• Like 1

Oooh, thanks; I was listening to Deep Tracks and missed it! :LOL:

The DJ is a HUGE Rush fan, so she's a good one to listen to. Though a lot of the songs they play in general are kind of just meh, I've already heard Triumph's The Magic Power twice in the past two days and while I do love that song, it's like, play me something else!

• Like 1

Still going to remain cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

Welp, according to someone on the train, who was quoted in the RIAB post on FB, Geddy said there is going to be a book signing tour.
  • Like 4

Welp, according to someone on the train, who was quoted in the RIAB post on FB, Geddy said there is going to be a book signing tour.

I don't know why he wouldn't want to do a book signing tour.

After all, he did do a CD signing tour for 'My Favorite Headache'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrkl9F_VcY

• Like 1

I don't know why he wouldn't want to do a book signing tour.

After all, he did do a CD signing tour for 'My Favorite Headache'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQrkl9F_VcY

Because one promoted a musical collaboration full of new songs and the other is promoting a book devoted to basses? I can’t imagine he’d be as excited promoting his book as he was My Favorite Headache. Having said that, I can imagine him promoting the book.