RRHOF 2017 list - let the complaints fly

HemiBeers

The lack of Radiohead is surprising and disappointing. You'd think they'd realize that's almost inarguably the most important (not best, not anything else, but important) rock group since Nirvana. I'm all for saying they're probably overrated, but much in the same way The Beatles are a bit overrated: deservedly.

The lack of Priest is not surprising, but even more disappointing. Rob had been getting fans hopes up for this for the past few months. Honestly disgraceful of the hall not to acknowledge their legendary status. There isn't a metal band in existence that doesn't have some debt to Priest, and they all know it too.

Glad to see the Cars and The Moodies get in. Ambivalent about BJ given the bands that were left out. Dire Straits shouldn't have made the cut over Priest, Radiohead, or RATM really. Nina I don't really listen to, but that name sounds like one that I'd have thought was inducted long ago.

I'd have let BJ and DS wait another year and pulled in Priest and Radiohead.

The Beatles CAN NEVER BE OVERRATED!!!

They kind of are though. The Beatles were the first really really BIG music group. The phenomenon is still very much felt in the modern music world, and they only had a decade of professionally recorded material. The fact that albums like Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road are still being played and analyzed is a feat on its own. The problem with The Beatles is that it appeals to damn near everybody, and when you hear them one too many times, you get sick of it really quick. That's where the sense of being overrated comes from. It's not like they were the only British Invasion band that struck gold outside of their corner of the world, but many people wouldn't bother looking further into the other groups of that time that were just as big as The Beatles.

Judas Priest contributed to defining an entire musical genre and culture, a lifestyle. I remember when they hit big. Things were different. Not in.

Bon Jovi achieved massive commercial success and longevity. They rode the coat tails. In.

:huh:

I don't get it. What about Def Leppard? They really spearheaded the hair metal poppy type of hard rock with Pyromania. And Hysteria was a huge album as well. Them and Motley Crue should get in before Bon Jovi, if we are talking 80s hair pop metal

Priest was robbed. Def Leppard should definitely be in.

• Like 2

Priest should obviously be in, but the dimwits who run the Hall clearly have little regard for most metal bands.

The Moody Blues induction was long overdue.

I am not much of a Bon Jovi fan outside of Slippery When Wet, but they had a ton of commercial success and Livin' on a Prayer has withstood the test of time as one of the most loved rock songs of the 80s, so their inclusion was just a matter of time.

The lack of Radiohead is surprising and disappointing. You'd think they'd realize that's almost inarguably the most important (not best, not anything else, but important) rock group since Nirvana. I'm all for saying they're probably overrated, but much in the same way The Beatles are a bit overrated: deservedly.

The lack of Priest is not surprising, but even more disappointing. Rob had been getting fans hopes up for this for the past few months. Honestly disgraceful of the hall not to acknowledge their legendary status. There isn't a metal band in existence that doesn't have some debt to Priest, and they all know it too.

Glad to see the Cars and The Moodies get in. Ambivalent about BJ given the bands that were left out. Dire Straits shouldn't have made the cut over Priest, Radiohead, or RATM really. Nina I don't really listen to, but that name sounds like one that I'd have thought was inducted long ago.

I'd have let BJ and DS wait another year and pulled in Priest and Radiohead.

The Beatles CAN NEVER BE OVERRATED!!!

They kind of are though. The Beatles were the first really really BIG music group. The phenomenon is still very much felt in the modern music world, and they only had a decade of professionally recorded material. The fact that albums like Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road are still being played and analyzed is a feat on its own. The problem with The Beatles is that it appeals to damn near everybody, and when you hear them one too many times, you get sick of it really quick. That's where the sense of being overrated comes from. It's not like they were the only British Invasion band that struck gold outside of their corner of the world, but many people wouldn't bother looking further into the other groups of that time that were just as big as The Beatles.

The Beatles led the way. Talent aside and personal preference aside, the Beatles always seemed slightly ahead of the curve. They were the band that performed on Ed Sullivan. That was the big bang of rock music.

Personally, I prefer the Beatles over their contemporaries. They are my favorite band. With that said, I won't argue with anyone who prefers the Stones or the Who or the Kinks or the Hollies or the Animals, etc. All these bands achieved great heights because they all wrote and performed great music. Like what you like. But you can't deny who kicked the door open.

• Like 3

Priest should obviously be in, but the dimwits who run the Hall clearly have little regard for most metal bands.

I am not much of a Bon Jovi fan outside of Slippery When Wet, but they had a ton of commercial success and Livin' on a Prayer has withstood the test of time as one of the most loved rock songs of the 80s, so their inclusion was just a matter of time.

Bon Jovi is generic. I'll give them props for being good at what they do and for providing whatever it is their fan base loves, but ain't hall of fame worthy.

• Like 1

Bon Jovi is generic. I'll give them props for being good at what they do and for providing whatever it is their fan base loves, but ain't hall of fame worthy.

They are to the millions who love them and they were a huge reason many kids got into rock and metal. Simple as. You like shit music too, in the eyes of many.

They are to the millions who love them and they were a huge reason many kids got into rock and metal. Simple as. You like shit music too, in the eyes of many.

I understand the shit music I like doesn't belong in any type of hall of fame.

• Like 1

Judas Priest contributed to defining an entire musical genre and culture, a lifestyle. I remember when they hit big. Things were different. Not in.

Bon Jovi achieved massive commercial success and longevity. They rode the coat tails. In.

I don't get it. What about Def Leppard? They really spearheaded the hair metal poppy type of hard rock with Pyromania. And Hysteria was a huge album as well. Them and Motley Crue should get in before Bon Jovi, if we are talking 80s hair pop metal

I agree. Leppard and Crue are much better than Bon Jovi.

• Like 1

I think the total opposite.

• Like 1

Like a lot of people, I do not regard Bon Jovi as shit. I think they are a great mainstream rock band with enough hits and deeper cuts worthy of checking out, b-sides, rarities and demos to deserve a real mention amongst other greats.

I think Bon Jovi are one of the finest rock bands of all time.

Like a lot of people, I do not regard Bon Jovi as shit. I think they are a great mainstream rock band with enough hits and deeper cuts worthy of checking out, b-sides, rarities and demos to deserve a real mention amongst other greats.

I think Bon Jovi are one of the finest rock bands of all time.

They are a good band. End of story. You love them and that's cool. But as far as talent, songwriting, producing, etc.. they were very far from one of the finest rock bands of all time. Extremely far...
  • Like 3

I would agree too. Bon Jovi's first few albums were pretty good. After New Jersey I don't have any real interest. Leppard fell apart after Adrenalize. But nothing Bon Jovi released is in Pyromania's class.

• Like 3

Scorpions is much better than all three of them.

:goodone:

Leppard > Scorps> Crue>Bon Jovi
  • Like 1

Leppard > Scorps> Crue>Bon Jovi

Personally, I don't think any of these bands are HOF worthy. And I like two of 'em.