RRHOF 2017 list - let the complaints fly

HemiBeers

THE CARS are in!!!!!!!

Third time was the charm! :sundog: :notworthy: :sundog: :cheers: I'm a happy camper!

It was just what you needed. Now you can let the good times roll! Let's go!

Let’s shake it up!

With your best friend's girl! ... :o uh, wait... :ph34r: :tsk:

• Like 2

THE CARS are in!!!!!!!

Third time was the charm! :sundog: :notworthy: :sundog: :cheers: I'm a happy camper!

It was just what you needed. Now you can let the good times roll! Let's go!

Let’s shake it up!

With your best friend's girl! ... :o uh, wait... :ph34r: :tsk:

Why can’t I have her? She’s breaking my heart in two.

• Like 2

Unfortunately the people who make these decisions probably can’t see a difference between Bon Jovi and Judas Priest so there was no way they were both getting in. They probably also think the cars and Depeche Mode are similar. Biggest surprise was no Radiohead. They are the darlings of the type that do this.
  • Like 1

Unfortunately the people who make these decisions probably can’t see a difference between Bon Jovi and Judas Priest so there was no way they were both getting in. They probably also think the cars and Depeche Mode are similar. Biggest surprise was no Radiohead. They are the darlings of the type that do this.

The ppl that run the place are asshats not putting amazing bands in!!

Imma mad Depeche Mode and Radiohead didn't get in!! They are both great unique bands in sound and totally deserve it!!

I love both those bands so much, but Imma glad Bon Jovi and The Cars FINALLY got in!! Now I just gotta wait for The Cure to get nominated bc they deserve it as well!!

Edited by Permanent-Rush

Pretty soon they’re going to run out of nominees since there are so few rock groups anymore.

It's the RRHOFINO (rock and roll hall of fame in name only)

• Like 3

Pretty soon they’re going to run out of nominees since there are so few rock groups anymore.

It's the RRHOFINO (rock and roll hall of fame in name only)

Very true. They have already slid into pop territory, next thing will probably be country music.

• Like 1

I have kind of wondered that; it seems like everyone will end up in the Hall eventually because of that! :LOL:

• Like 2

The lack of Radiohead is surprising and disappointing. You'd think they'd realize that's almost inarguably the most important (not best, not anything else, but important) rock group since Nirvana. I'm all for saying they're probably overrated, but much in the same way The Beatles are a bit overrated: deservedly.

The lack of Priest is not surprising, but even more disappointing. Rob had been getting fans hopes up for this for the past few months. Honestly disgraceful of the hall not to acknowledge their legendary status. There isn't a metal band in existence that doesn't have some debt to Priest, and they all know it too.

Glad to see the Cars and The Moodies get in. Ambivalent about BJ given the bands that were left out. Dire Straits shouldn't have made the cut over Priest, Radiohead, or RATM really. Nina I don't really listen to, but that name sounds like one that I'd have thought was inducted long ago.

I'd have let BJ and DS wait another year and pulled in Priest and Radiohead.

• Like 1

Honestly can't complain too much about the new inductees. Obviously I would have left Bon Jovi out for Judas Priest, but whatever. Glad to finally see Miss Simone get her due in the HoF, long time coming. As far as Radiohead, it's not the proper time. I think by the mid-2020s, Radiohead will have gotten in, but not now. They've still got a lot left in them before really being considered HoF material.

Nina Simone? Really? I must not know what rock and roll is....

I think Radiohead is totally overrated, but they certainly deserve to be in ahead an artist who is not rock and roll and who many (the majority?) of people have never heard of....

The reason why (lame-ass, poser band without any cultural or musical impact) Bon Jovi will be inducted now and Priest won't is a commercial success. Bon Jovi was much more mainstream and commercial, had a way more hits and sold albums than Priest. Sad, but true.

Guys in RnRHoF always overlook the impact of certain rock bands, they mostly look at the popularity and commercial success or who are the biggest critics darlings. That's the reason why Deep Purple wasn't inducted there until 2016 or Yes until this year or the reason why bands as King Crimson, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dead Kennedys, T.Rex and Thin Lizzy will be inducted one fine day - God only knows when.

Edited by Texas King
  • Like 1

The reason why (lame-ass, poser band without any cultural or musical impact) Bon Jovi will be inducted now and Priest won't is a commercial success. Bon Jovi was much more mainstream and commercial, had a way more hits and sold albums than Priest. Sad, but true.

Guys in RnRHoF always overlook the impact of certain rock bands, they mostly look at the popularity and commercial success or who are the biggest critics darlings. That's the reason why Deep Purple wasn't inducted there until 2016 or Yes until this year or the reason why bands as King Crimson, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dead Kennedys, T.Rex and Thin Lizzy will be inducted one fine day - God only knows.

Thin Lizzy...yes, indeed!
  • Like 1

Judas Priest contributed to defining an entire musical genre and culture, a lifestyle. I remember when they hit big. Things were different. Not in.

Bon Jovi achieved massive commercial success and longevity. They rode the coat tails. In.

:huh:

• Like 1

The lack of Radiohead is surprising and disappointing. You'd think they'd realize that's almost inarguably the most important (not best, not anything else, but important) rock group since Nirvana. I'm all for saying they're probably overrated, but much in the same way The Beatles are a bit overrated: deservedly.

The lack of Priest is not surprising, but even more disappointing. Rob had been getting fans hopes up for this for the past few months. Honestly disgraceful of the hall not to acknowledge their legendary status. There isn't a metal band in existence that doesn't have some debt to Priest, and they all know it too.

Glad to see the Cars and The Moodies get in. Ambivalent about BJ given the bands that were left out. Dire Straits shouldn't have made the cut over Priest, Radiohead, or RATM really. Nina I don't really listen to, but that name sounds like one that I'd have thought was inducted long ago.

I think if Priest would have stopped putting out albums 20 years ago, they'd be in. Metal acts grinding out the last few dollars late in their career drops them on the coolness scale.
  • Like 1

I think if Priest would have stopped putting out albums 20 years ago, they'd be in. Metal acts grinding out the last few dollars late in their career drops them on the coolness scale.

The shame of it all is that Judas Priest still makes great records and has done so consistently along the way.

Bon Jovi's last good record was "Bounce".

Their albums since then have been uneven, a few good songs on each and a boat load of filler.

I think Bon Jovi was a good band, great live but not quite hall of fame material.

Once Jon and Richie lost their chemistry the magic was over and it is more of a Jon Bon Jovi solo act now.

I like much of the music but can't watch him live...a bit of a poser with more outfit changes than Cher.

• Like 1

The shame of it all is that Judas Priest still makes great records and has done so consistently along the way.

Bon Jovi's last good record was "Bounce".

Their albums since then have been uneven, a few good songs on each and a boat load of filler.

I think Bon Jovi was a good band, great live but not quite hall of fame material.

Once Jon and Richie lost their chemistry the magic was over and it is more of a Jon Bon Jovi solo act now.

I like much of the music but can't watch him live...a bit of a poser with more outfit changes than Cher.

:LOL:

Nina Simone? Really? I must not know what rock and roll is....

Nina Simone is in the same vein as the likes of Miles Davis and many other jazz/blues musicians who have been inducted into the HoF. They're just as responsible for bringing about rock and roll as we've known it for the last 50 years as any of the big name rock groups.

• Like 2

I love Bon Jovi. Glad to see them in. The most underrated overrated band ever!
  • Like 1

Judas Priest contributed to defining an entire musical genre and culture, a lifestyle. I remember when they hit big. Things were different. Not in.

Bon Jovi achieved massive commercial success and longevity. They rode the coat tails. In.

:huh:

I don't get it. What about Def Leppard? They really spearheaded the hair metal poppy type of hard rock with Pyromania. And Hysteria was a huge album as well. Them and Motley Crue should get in before Bon Jovi, if we are talking 80s hair pop metal

• Like 2

The Beatles CAN NEVER BE OVERRATED!!!
  • Like 2