Duran Duran - YAY or NAY?

Texas King

Duran Duran - YAY or NAY?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Duran Duran - YAY or NAY?

Big time YAY

Some of the best songs in an era with a lot of great music ... The Chauffer is an amazing piece of music

Then Andy Taylor goes and makes a killer solo album in '87 .. one of the most underrated album ever

• Like 1

Prefer Flock Of Seagulls.

Excellent choice. Although often mired in too much affect, Score wrote some good songs. And Paul Reynolds was so underrated- his guitar playing added a dimension that most of those bands never found. I love his sound.

• Like 2

I like some of their stuff. Mostly the main ones mentioned. They were always a bit too “pretty boy” for me to take seriously.
  • Like 1

I like some of their stuff. Mostly the main ones mentioned. They were always a bit too “pretty boy” for me to take seriously.

Unfortunately their image went against the quality of musicianship. Most of their early material still holds up. I took it pretty seriously, lol. High school wasn't much fun if you were a male Duranie :ph34r:

Although Andy Taylor got more respect when he went in a heavier direction with other projects, he was so underrated in DD. Their original lineup was the perfect mix! :hail:

Edited by Steevo
  • Like 4

Yay, because I in all honestly I really like a few songs. There's a LOT of Nay material, but I can't say 'nay' to the band when I love some songs.

That's how I see them, and it seems a lot of people like at least a couple of their songs, even if they don't like '80s music.

I like a couple of their songs. Rio and The Reflex.

Those are my fave two. Rio has some killer bass work. Even Hungry Like the Wolf is pretty good.

Taylor's a top 5 bassist for me. Girls on Film is very tough to play.

Yay, because I in all honestly I really like a few songs. There's a LOT of Nay material, but I can't say 'nay' to the band when I love some songs.

That's how I see them, and it seems a lot of people like at least a couple of their songs, even if they don't like '80s music.

I like a couple of their songs. Rio and The Reflex.

Those are my fave two. Rio has some killer bass work. Even Hungry Like the Wolf is pretty good.

Yeah man!

Two words:

POWER STATION

Listening to Some Like It Hot right now!!

Two words:

POWER STATION

Listening to Some Like It Hot right now!!

I like their ballsy cover of Bang a Gong. Tony Thompson gave that band a real kick in the ass with his drums. Unfortunately, he and Robert Palmer died within two months of each other.

Edited by HemiBeers

A BIG YAY to their first three albums! And the later tracks Electric Barbarella and Out of My Mind.

The third album hasn't aged so well as the first two and it bores me now. All I need in my DD collection is DD/Rio/Arena. That's it for me.