"...keep oneself intact..."

Saint NIck

My RUSH Family, it's nearly 4:30 in the morning and I've been up for over an hour. For those who keep up with my recent posts Y'all are aware of what's been going on in my life. I've been trying to prepare for this for some time; my Dad, sisters & I made some financial preps beginning in very early August; the house is mine. I'll be in the home that my Mom & Dad provided and made out of so much love all our lives. Within the last few weeks, my Dad's health was declining and even moreso these last few days. My manager at work let me leave early on Monday, and on Tuesday we only had one scheduled assignment = a road trip that would take up the whole work day. I wasn't up to par yesterday morning, and yes, I didn't want to be far from Dad knowing his condition. After morning mass and a visit with my aunt in the nursing home, I called in a sick / personal day; and a couple hours afterwards I went outside to say my PRAYERS. Upon returning inside, I checked on Dad...no response; I called "Dad, Dad, oh no, Dad" as I was nudging, tucking, tapping just trying to get a response...nothing. "...OH JESUS..."as I grabbed for my phone, through my teary eyes trying to push the right buttons to call my sisters & relatives; trying to keep myself intact. Later today my sisters & I will make the funeral arrangements; prepping for our immediate future. Our emotions may be understandably hard to keep intact. THANKS for your time...LOVE Y'all !!!
  • Like 4

Very sorry for your loss. In the last few days of my Dad's life, I was with him constantly while he hung on. When I went home to sleep for a couple of hours, he died. Many choose to pass when they are alone to spare loved ones the pain.

Remembering the good times and being grateful you had him in your life will comfort you...

• Like 2

My RUSH Family, it's nearly 4:30 in the morning and I've been up for over an hour. For those who keep up with my recent posts Y'all are aware of what's been going on in my life. I've been trying to prepare for this for some time; my Dad, sisters & I made some financial preps beginning in very early August; the house is mine. I'll be in the home that my Mom & Dad provided and made out of so much love all our lives. Within the last few weeks, my Dad's health was declining and even moreso these last few days. My manager at work let me leave early on Monday, and on Tuesday we only had one scheduled assignment = a road trip that would take up the whole work day. I wasn't up to par yesterday morning, and yes, I didn't want to be far from Dad knowing his condition. After morning mass and a visit with my aunt in the nursing home, I called in a sick / personal day; and a couple hours afterwards I went outside to say my PRAYERS. Upon returning inside, I checked on Dad...no response; I called "Dad, Dad, oh no, Dad" as I was nudging, tucking, tapping just trying to get a response...nothing. "...OH JESUS..."as I grabbed for my phone, through my teary eyes trying to push the right buttons to call my sisters & relatives; trying to keep myself intact. Later today my sisters & I will make the funeral arrangements; prepping for our immediate future. Our emotions may be understandably hard to keep intact. THANKS for your time...LOVE Y'all !!!

:hug2:

Love you back, dude!

yzYlg05.gif

It sounds like you did all you could to make his final moments of this life peaceful and loving. What more could a father ask?

My condolences, and may you find peace in fond memories, Nick.

:hug2: Hugs to you and your sisters, Saint Nick. I'm so sorry for your loss. The respect and love you have for your dad and the amount of caring you showed for him always came through in your posts and was very touching. Take care.