What's up with the backward walk Alex does?

New_World_Man

I've seen concert footage plus have seen this myself when I've seen the band live where Alex will walk backwards while playing his guitar. It seems as though maybe he's trying to repositon himself or something or maybe it's just a nervous habit. Anyway, how long has he been doing this and does anyone know what the origin of it is or the reason for it?

Wow, it's just an innocent question for crying out loud. No need to be snarky. One reason I asked is because I never saw any other guitarist do that before and was just curious if anyone noticed. No big deal. Edited by New_World_Man
  • Like 1

I would imagine that it's to not make it seem like he's just standing there like a robot.
  • Like 1

Guitarists and bassists do this all the time.

Exactly. This isn’t unusual. There are two choices; show your backside to the crowd or walk backwards. Snarky? Quit asking questions if you’re going to tell us how to answer.

Guitarists and bassists do this all the time.

Exactly. This isn’t unusual. There are two choices; show your backside to the crowd or walk backwards. Snarky? Quit asking questions if you’re going to tell us how to answer.

There's no need to be rude(or snarky). That's all I'm saying. If you felt I was being rude you would have absolutely every right to tell me so just like you would to someone in every day life. It's called standing up for yourself.

Edited by New_World_Man

Tbh does it even really matter?? Not tryin to be rude here but really it does not.

No but half the stuff on this forum doesn't matter now does it? It's called being curious.

• Like 2

He walks forward because that's what musicians do. It's unavoidable. He walks backward because he's looked at the front row and gotten scared by all the creepy fat, middle-aged dweebs there.

This is the best answer so far. :D End of the thread. You can pick up your stuffed puppy in half an hour.

Tbh does it even really matter?? Not tryin to be rude here but really it does not.

No but half the stuff on this forum doesn't matter now does it? It's called being curious.

Half is being very generous.

:LOL:

• Like 2

IT all goes back to the pre-wireless world: when you reached the end of your tether (your instrument cable), there was nowhere else to go but backwards. Can't turn around, cause the cable would wrap around your legs. In the wireless world, the "phantom cable" is still there....
  • Like 2