A Whiter Shade of Pale or Nights in White Satin?

Texas King

A Whiter Shade of Pale or Nights in White Satin?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. A Whiter Shade of Pale or Nights in White Satin?

• Procol Harum - A Whiter Shade of Pale
    • Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Love both songs but I'm going with A Whiter Shade of Pale.

I've been watching the Vietnam special on PBS and AWSOP was in the soundtrack. Pretty emotional.

That's been good hasn't it? I haven't been able to see them all, but have watched 4 or 5 of the nights and I think it's really well done. There was a time when I remember everyone's big brother and my cousins either being in Vietnam or at home a little later, sweating over their draft lottery number. Hadn't thought about it in a while until watching this. It's kind of filling in some of the holes about background history that I never heard at the time as well.

• Like 1

I've been watching the Vietnam special on PBS and AWSOP was in the soundtrack. Pretty emotional.

That's been good hasn't it? I haven't been able to see them all, but have watched 4 or 5 of the nights and I think it's really well done. There was a time when I remember everyone's big brother and my cousins either being in Vietnam or at home a little later, sweating over their draft lottery number. Hadn't thought about it in a while until watching this. It's kind of filling in some of the holes about background history that I never heard at the time as well.

I'll have to binge watch the series. I haven't been able to catch every episode either.

Growing up, the Vietnam war was on the news every day. It was a major topic of my parents at the dinner table each night, along with 'what did you learn in school today'. I didn't pay too much attention to the war until the early 70's, when I was getting closer to draft age. My senior year in high school I had to register for the draft and was assigned a draft number. "22" !!!!!! The last draft call was in Dec 1972 so it was too close for comfort and reality.

I'll have to binge watch the series. I haven't been able to catch every episode either.

Growing up, the Vietnam war was on the news every day. It was a major topic of my parents at the dinner table each night, along with 'what did you learn in school today'. I didn't pay too much attention to the war until the early 70's, when I was getting closer to draft age. My senior year in high school I had to register for the draft and was assigned a draft number. "22" !!!!!! The last draft call was in Dec 1972 so it was too close for comfort and reality.

For sure! Glad you didn't have to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4TtgUncy6M

I dare you to make it all the way through. It does eventually transition away from the awful instrumental into a live version...and you get to hear the rare 3rd and 4th verses.

http://alanparker.com/wp-content/uploads/JS-BACH-400x468.jpg

"What a pile of crap. My version's better!" - JS Bach (the 'S' stands for 'smug')

• Like 1