Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi Official Thread

Nate2112

It’s been a long time since I’ve bought a ticket for a movie on opening day. Been burned too many times. Like to wait and see what people say about them before I see one now.

Not sure how that really matters. Example: The Incredibles was universally acclaimed and has a 97% approval rating on RottenTomatoes yet you disliked it and thought it was boring. Fair enough. But if you asked virtually anybody, they would’ve recommended it, you would’ve seen it (because of the recommendation), but you would’ve disliked it anyway

There are people that I trust that have the same taste as I do. Plus when people say what they disliked or liked about something I can tell. I didn’t see The Incredible’s when it first came out. It wasn’t until later that I rented it from the library that I saw it. I figured it wasn’t something that I would love but I gave it a chance.

Edited by EagleMoon

Got tickets for this Friday in the late afternoon (Far East time).

Watching a Star Wars movie (or any other well-known franchise for that matter) here is nothing like in the states. That is, no matter how great and exciting it might be, the audience will be as emotional as Vulcans.

:popcorn:

Saturday night 7pm. Don’t have to avoid spoilers too long.

So then we'll be able to discuss the part where

........ ;) .......

!

Early reviews are glowing. Hope it is as good as the reviewers are saying. This is promising. But I will probably wait until after the new year to go see it - avoid the crowds. I did that with the Force Awakens and went during a week day. Much more comfortable.
  • Like 1

Has anyone here ever promised a buddy that you'd go see a movie together, but secretly gone beforehand by yourself so you could take it all in without any distraction, and then go again with your buddy pretending it's your first time? I'm thinking of doing that for Last Jedi, also because I don't think I want to wait.
  • Like 1

Has anyone here ever promised a buddy that you'd go see a movie together, but secretly gone beforehand by yourself so you could take it all in without any distraction, and then go again with your buddy pretending it's your first time? I'm thinking of doing that for Last Jedi, also because I don't think I want to wait.

:LOL: No

What distraction would there be going with a buddy?

A. Having to explain everything to him, because he doesn't know squat about it.

B. Having to listen to him explain everything to you, because he thinks you don't know squat about it.

C. He keeps yelling at the screen as if the characters can hear him.

D. His chronic beer farts.

E. He keeps hitting on the girls right in front of you.

:P :P

• Like 2

Oh, man, so many possibilities: commenting on scenes, hi-fiving, significant glances, can I have a sip of your Coke . . . anything that might take your eyes off the screen or your ears off the soundtrack.

• Like 1

A. Having to explain everything to him, because he doesn't know squat about it.

B. Having to listen to him explain everything to you, because he thinks you don't know squat about it.

C. He keeps yelling at the screen as if the characters can hear him.

D. His chronic beer farts.

E. He keeps hitting on the girls right in front of you.

:P :P

That kind of pal would soon become my enemy! :blaze:

• Like 1

Oh, man, so many possibilities: commenting on scenes, hi-fiving, significant glances, can I have a sip of your Coke . . . anything that might take your eyes off the screen or your ears off the soundtrack.

My buddies must be scared of me. All of them know I’m crazy about movies and have never distracted me during show time. :blaze:

Generally though anyway, I go to the cinema alone or with Mrs. B. And even she doesn’t divert my attention in any way as I’m consumed by the big screen :popcorn:

• Like 1

T - 27h, 12 m

:boohoo: :boohoo:

T - 33h, 29m

I'm firing up the Blu-ray tonight. The Force Awakens, of course! :D

The old “hole in the bottom of the popcorn bucket” gag

• Like 2

Got my ticket for Friday 10AM seeing it with my brother in-law.

Very excited.

• Like 1

Just got back from seeing it.

This is my mind right now.....

http://blog.ancientlasers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Mind-Blown.jpg

• Like 5