Your favorite member of Led Zeppelin?

Texas King

Your favorite member of Led Zeppelin?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite member of Led Zeppelin?

Sorta surprised Robert Plant has only one vote so far

I'll speak up for Plant. After the band retired, he has put out some great solo material that was not merely a rehashing of Zeppelin. And that's because he has always had a fantastic voice.

yep, totally agree RNB

• Like 2

I'm surprised at the love for Jonesy. That's who I went with, and I thought I'd be an outlier.

We're Rush fans we always give props to the underdog.

I actually agree with this general point, although I'd frame it somewhat differently. "Obscurity," is beloved on this board by a lot of people. Everybody knows who Plant and Page are. "Real fans," know who Jones is though.

• Like 2

I'm surprised at the love for Jonesy. That's who I went with, and I thought I'd be an outlier.

I actually agree with this general point, although I'd frame it somewhat differently. "Obscurity," is beloved on this board by a lot of people. Everybody knows who Plant and Page are. "Real fans," know who Jones is though.

I voted for Rutsey.

• Like 3

I voted for Rutsey.

Poser. You probably think Moving Pictures deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Caress of Steel or Test For Echo.

• Like 2

I voted for Rutsey.

Poser. You probably think Moving Pictures deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as Caress of Steel or Test For Echo.

Maybe if you drew me another (and another and another and another and another and another) goblet from the cask of 43...

• Like 2

Option 5. The obscure blues musicians they ripped off and didn't give credit to.

Wah wah wah...give it a rest.

I thought I'd throw it out there to stir up some sh*te :P

• Like 1

All of them but I'll have to say Jimmy Page's guitar work is what drew me to the music.

For me it's the songwriting that is so brilliant. So many memorable ones!

But the execution is sometimes sloppy...intentionally.

• Like 1

A pound of obscure gets you a long way amongst Rush fans.

EDIT: I'd also say Rush fans tend to have an attraction to the underdog. After all, Rush has always been the underdog's band.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

A pound of obscure gets you a long way amongst Rush fans.

EDIT: I'd also say Rush fans tend to have an attraction to the underdog. After all, Rush has always been the underdog's band.

The tendency of certain music fans to claim their favorite work by any band is whatever is least well known by the general public seems to be more common that you might think.

• Like 1