"Art Of Rush European Version!" Signed By Hugh And RUSH! 995 USD!! Who's Buying???

RUSHHEAD666

Nice idea, but outrageously priced, IMO. I already have a lot of Hugh Syme's art on the CD covers and liners. I have to agree that the set looks beautiful, however. I guess autographs are worth something as well. I have Alex's autograph on one of his limited edition prints and it looks very nice on my wall. I guess I'm satisfied with that.
  • Like 2

"This release has been titled “European” due to feedback from fans in Europe, who were faced with the hurdle of high shipping charges on the original Art Of Rush Limited Edition releases. To accommodate these fans Rush Backstage is offering local shipping rates for all customers ordering from the UK and Europe.

350 units will be available for $995 USD."

Man oh man, you really have to like owning stuff to get a copy of a book that costs 10 times what the basic edition is just because it comes in a fancy box and has a few scribbles on it.

However, I have the "basic edition" and I have to say it's pretty cool. You get the artwork the way it should be seen, before the printers screwed up all the colours. There are some cool extras, too.

http://bravewords.com/medias-static/images/news/2017%20II/artofrushsep.jpg

• Like 1

I plan to get the regular edition but haven't gotten around to that yet.

Ultimately, I'd have liked to get just the book signed by all four but I've already gotten all four in various configurations but not on the same piece and this would be something I wouldn't mind being signed by all four so maybe someday.

Kind of feel bad for those people who bought the Caress of Steel litho thinking that was going to be it though.

• Like 1

I'm always tempted, but I don't need another signed edition of this book that's more expensive and less rare than the artists proof, which is the only one I have. I should probably get a regular edition to crack open, because the rare one is staying sealed.
  • Like 1

I'm always tempted, but I don't need another signed edition of this book that's more expensive and less rare than the artists proof, which is the only one I have. I should probably get a regular edition to crack open, because the rare one is staying sealed.

Haha! My rare one is staying sealed too.

Truth be told I have had to resist the urge to unseal and read it many times, and then thought, "...another $100 to buy a book I already have...." and then did nothing. I wish there was a cheaper softcover version--they couldn't take my money fast enough.

I guess I understand not wanting to open it, but I couldn’t imagine having something like that and not looking at it and enjoying it. Who are you saving it for? One thing I’ve realized in the past couple years is life is to short to not enjoy my nice things. Just my .02.

• Like 2

I guess I understand not wanting to open it, but I couldn’t imagine having something like that and not looking at it and enjoying it. Who are you saving it for? One thing I’ve realized in the past couple years is life is to short to not enjoy my nice things. Just my .02.

I was wondering about that, too. I think I would go nuts having "things as investments" - things that I don't use and that are just sitting there for a future payoff. If it's not about investment, if it's just keeping something pure and untouched for its own sake, I don't understand it. Especially a book. Open it up; it's good for the soul.

I hear you all, but my intent was always to have a regular edition to crack and enjoy, and keep this one pristine. Money got very tight, and medical debt for my wife is now high, so I am not ruling out a "dump everything to stay out of bankruptcy" sale. Maintaining value is somewhat important, but I'm not fiendish about it, and have cracked plenty of signed books I've managed to acquire over the years. I have quite a memorabilia stash at this point with some really special and rare things, and some stuff that others would probably find worthless.
  • Like 3

I hear you all, but my intent was always to have a regular edition to crack and enjoy, and keep this one pristine. Money got very tight, and medical debt for my wife is now high, so I am not ruling out a "dump everything to stay out of bankruptcy" sale. Maintaining value is somewhat important, but I'm not fiendish about it, and have cracked plenty of signed books I've managed to acquire over the years. I have quite a memorabilia stash at this point with some really special and rare things, and some stuff that others would probably find worthless.

I understand your motive wanting to keep things “pristine”, but finding the right person who values the item enough to pay what you feel it’s worth sometimes can be challenging at best. I see so many overpriced pieces of Rush memorabilia that pop up over and over on eBay. Like the $1,000.00 Vapor Trails baseball that never sells. Many times it seems like you’ll be lucky getting back your initial “investment”. That’s why I say “smoke ‘em if you got ‘em” and enjoy it while you have it. But like I said, it’s just my opinion. To each his own.

I'm not buying it. I have a house payment due and the car needs registering.

I understand your motive wanting to keep things “pristine”, but finding the right person who values the item enough to pay what you feel it’s worth sometimes can be challenging at best. I see so many overpriced pieces of Rush memorabilia that pop up over and over on eBay. Like the $1,000.00 Vapor Trails baseball that never sells. Many times it seems like you’ll be lucky getting back your initial “investment”. That’s why I say “smoke ‘em if you got ‘em” and enjoy it while you have it. But like I said, it’s just my opinion. To each his own.

That is correct. I am extremely experienced with eBay both in auction and "buy it now" purchases, and I know how to do my homework--the "sold listings" option is your friend in assessing what people actually pay, and how many suckers vs smart buyers are out there. A fair amount of things I'd sell are eBay auction wins. There are few things that I really just would have to take a bath on that are not music-related. My stuff ranges from music to sports to comics to toys. Way too many toys--they probably should go, like, yesterday.

• Like 1

That is correct. I am extremely experienced with eBay both in auction and "buy it now" purchases, and I know how to do my homework--the "sold listings" option is your friend in assessing what people actually pay, and how many suckers vs smart buyers are out there. A fair amount of things I'd sell are eBay auction wins. There are few things that I really just would have to take a bath on that are not music-related. My stuff ranges from music to sports to comics to toys. Way too many toys--they probably should go, like, yesterday.

Since I bailed on Bettman's league, I've (fortunately) narrowed it down to Rush and a few other select bands.

I visit ebay sometimes, but to me the prices on just about everything are so far out of whack for my reality that I just don't bother with it other than to price a few things that I might be selling lower than ebay. I was fortunate to find a lot of what I wanted at record faires but they don't seem to happen too much anymore.