Midnight Oil - I am a new fan!

Huge Ackman

I still havent gotten past the Hits album but its really strong.

Dead Heart

Blue Sky Mine

Best of Both Worlds

Truganini

Damn

Is that 10,000 RSL or Flat Chat? Flat Chat goes throughout their career (for the most part) and is a better representation of the band. One of their best concerts (Goat Island) was also filmed in 1984 or 5 and you can easily find it on Youtube.

The Living End fookin' ROCKED my face off before The Oils came out. Some very lame Cannuck, Joe "Not So" Goode filled some time in between but the bookends of Living End and Midnight Oil melted my face.... Rock ON!!!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/Midnight%20Oil%20YYZ%2025Aug2017/0825171900_HDR_zpsu0mnyutr.jpg

• Like 1

I still havent gotten past the Hits album but its really strong.

Dead Heart

Blue Sky Mine

Best of Both Worlds

Truganini

Damn

Is that 10,000 RSL or Flat Chat? Flat Chat goes throughout their career (for the most part) and is a better representation of the band. One of their best concerts (Goat Island) was also filmed in 1984 or 5 and you can easily find it on Youtube.

RSL

I didn't know a lot of Midnight Oil tunes aside form the radio hits. Two friends of mine are big fans and have been encouraging me to check them out. When I first heard their older stuff, I thought that they must have been influenced by Gang of Four. However, it turns out that Midnight Oil was recording way before Gang of Four existed so maybe it's the other way around.... Midnight Oil was an influence on Gang of Four? In any case, I am really getting into Midnight Oil lately and made the trip to Toronto to see them live 2 weeks ago. We were in the front row against the rail and had a really great time! The opening act, The Living End, is also now on my music radar! They tore the place up and really set the stage for the main Midnight Oil show... Here is a video of one tune that I shot. I have lots of photos but am having trouble getting them off my phone to share. If I figure it out, I'll post some of those too. Rock ON!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv2fpBi_15w&t=3s

I have been catching up on my old music favorites and Midnight Oil is getting plenty of play lately.... A bump to share the love....

Rock on!

I didn't know a lot of Midnight Oil tunes aside form the radio hits. Two friends of mine are big fans and have been encouraging me to check them out. When I first heard their older stuff, I thought that they must have been influenced by Gang of Four. However, it turns out that Midnight Oil was recording way before Gang of Four existed so maybe it's the other way around.... Midnight Oil was an influence on Gang of Four? In any case, I am really getting into Midnight Oil lately and made the trip to Toronto to see them live 2 weeks ago. We were in the front row against the rail and had a really great time! The opening act, The Living End, is also now on my music radar! They tore the place up and really set the stage for the main Midnight Oil show... Here is a video of one tune that I shot. I have lots of photos but am having trouble getting them off my phone to share. If I figure it out, I'll post some of those too. Rock ON!

I have been catching up on my old music favorites and Midnight Oil is getting plenty of play lately.... A bump to share the love....

Rock on!

Such a great band.

Rock on!

Such a great band.

I saw them do the show on the flatbed truck on 6th ave in nyc.

Anyway, they've been my music to walk to for about the past five days or so. love them. forgotten years and river runs red are two faves.

• Like 1

Rock on!

Such a great band.

I saw them do the show on the flatbed truck on 6th ave in nyc.

Anyway, they've been my music to walk to for about the past five days or so. love them. forgotten years and river runs red are two faves.

I've been listening to Place Without a Post Card quite a bit lately. That and Red Sails in the Sunset.
  • Like 1