I Lost My Mom .. And The Human Spirit

Lucas

Wonderful post, Lucas. I lost my mom back in 2011and like yours, she was very outspoken and a strong independent woman. My heart goes out to you. It's really tough losing your mom, no matter what the circumstances.
  • Like 4

I'm so very sorry to hear this news, Lucas. That was a really touching post, and you have so much that's positive to hold on to, because of who she was.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug2:

• Like 3

Uh, that post got really under my skin Lucas.

Don't know what to type other than I wish you strenght.

My warmest condolences. :rose:

• Like 2

Thank you so much for all the wonderful thoughts

LABT, Crimson, Toymaker, Entre_Perpeto, Tinwoodsman, Narps, BluesChica, DJflex, Laura, Rod, Duck, HemiB, Orfie, Rick n Backer, Oracle, ReGorLaTroy, AlienGirl, Digital Dad, ChickenHawk, Verena, BabyCat, Mr Not, Pip, Condemned2BFree, Storm, Eagle, BlueJ, JB, Na Na Na, Permanent Rush, Goose, Leanna, GreyFriar and Mystic Slipperman - thank you

This forum is great because you are great friends

• Like 6

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Lucas. :hug2: I lost my mom back in December - its been difficult for me to wrap my head around the fact.
  • Like 2

So sorry to hear about your Mom, Lucas. :hug2: I lost my mom back in December - its been difficult for me to wrap my head around the fact.

Thank you librarian .. It is something that, no matter what, nothing can prepare you

All the best to you after your loss .... continue to keep her spirit alive and have her live through your eyes

• Like 1

There's not much if anything that I can add to all the caring and thoughtful comments above.

Thank you for the eloquent post, and sharing your memories of your mom. I'll make sure to call mine tonight and tell her I love her.

I wish you comfort and strength. Take care my friend.

• Like 3

I love you Lucas.

I actually mean that and I know in person I'd feel the same.

I am so truly sorry. X

• Like 2

My deepest condolences, Lucas :hug2: What a touching post. From what you've written about your mother, it sounds like she'd be quite proud of you for recognizing that her spirit and energy live on...and for choosing to be inspired by her to reach your own potential. Sending warm thoughts your family's way :rose:
  • Like 4

I'm so sorry, Lucas. I feel a special kinship to you after reading that because my mother is also currently 86 years old, and I have to say, in recent months I find myself being so sad because I know what's to come. I know we can't dwell on what we can't change and that "it is what it is" but I feel so fortunate to still have her. She is my best friend in life and nobody loves me the way she does. I truly hurt for you. :rose:
  • Like 3

There's not much if anything that I can add to all the caring and thoughtful comments above.

Thank you for the eloquent post, and sharing your memories of your mom. I'll make sure to call mine tonight and tell her I love her.

I wish you comfort and strength. Take care my friend.

VT, thank you so much

The posts here on the forum from all the wonderful people are truly special .. I sent this thread to my sis, who told me she could not get thru the first page without sobbing, but read each and every one and will continue to ..

Thank you again

• Like 2

I love you Lucas.

I actually mean that and I know in person I'd feel the same.

I am so truly sorry. X

Segue, you know the feeling is mutual ..

Thank you so much for the kind words - we've never even met, but you are one of my favorite souls in the entire world

• Like 2

My deepest condolences, Lucas :hug2: What a touching post. From what you've written about your mother, it sounds like she'd be quite proud of you for recognizing that her spirit and energy live on...and for choosing to be inspired by her to reach your own potential. Sending warm thoughts your family's way :rose:

Bean, thank you so very much

I am truly lucky to have had a Mom like I did ... But not only was she my Mom, she was my best friend and an enormous inspiration

Thank you again Bean

• Like 2

I'm so sorry, Lucas. I feel a special kinship to you after reading that because my mother is also currently 86 years old, and I have to say, in recent months I find myself being so sad because I know what's to come. I know we can't dwell on what we can't change and that "it is what it is" but I feel so fortunate to still have her. She is my best friend in life and nobody loves me the way she does. I truly hurt for you. :rose:

Xanadu, I will be thinking of you and your Mom .. Thank you so very much for telling me this, and for your kind words

The "best friend" part rings so true

You probably don't have to do anything more than you've been doing - just being yourself, because what you just wrote could only come from a loving and caring daughter .

Thank you again X

• Like 2

Lucas, I can't put into words how your post has made me feel. I'm sure that your mom was as proud of you as you are proud of her.

God bless you and your family. :rose:

• Like 2

Lucas, I can't put into words how your post has made me feel. I'm sure that your mom was as proud of you as you are proud of her.

God bless you and your family. :rose:

Mayra, thank you very much for the kind words

The incredible spirit that she had - and was - will live on always

• Like 2