• Led Zeppelin II
    • Led Zeppelin III
    • Led Zeppelin IV
    • Houses of the Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through the Out Door
    • Coda

Lately, In Through the Out Door has been getting more play than any other album. I love I'm Gonna Crawl, All of My Love, In the Evening, Fool in the Rain, Carouselambra... I think this album has Robert's best vocals, as I prefer his lower register.

I've also been giving Houses of the Holy more attention. It's never been a favorite, due to Robert's vocals. But musically, The Song Remains the Same, Rain Song, No Quarter are so strong that I can get past the helium balloon-inspired vocals.

And Zoso is still as strong an album start to finish ascI've ever heard.

So there's my three. Speaking of three...Zep III gets the nod for honorable mention.

• Like 2

I've also been giving Houses of the Holy more attention. It's never been a favorite, due to Robert's vocals. But musically, The Song Remains the Same, Rain Song, No Quarter are so strong that I can get past the helium balloon-inspired vocals.

Yeah I've heard that said before about the helium spoiling the party. It's never bothered me really. Away from the topic but have they ever made THE perfect album? Me thinks not.

• Like 2

Yeah I've heard that said before about the helium spoiling the party. It's never bothered me really. Away from the topic but have they ever made THE perfect album? Me thinks not.

Zoso.
  • Like 1

Yeah I've heard that said before about the helium spoiling the party. It's never bothered me really.

They actually sped up the tape to get the vocals high enough to be in pitch. Not a fan of the sound. I don't like Geddy's high register either...the Cygnus stuff.

Yeah I've heard that said before about the helium spoiling the party. It's never bothered me really.

They actually sped up the tape to get the vocals high enough to be in pitch. Not a fan of the sound. I don't like Geddy's high register either...the Cygnus stuff.

Right. Takes a bit of getting used to alright for some, I'm fine with it. As for Ged, I'm more turned off by the last few tours than studio work.

fave 3:

Phys Graf

IV

III

bottom 2:

II

Coda

II in the bottom two?

Yeah, although it was a coin-toss between it and ITtOD. Despite its strengths and historical importance (and popularity with fans), there are a couple of tunes on II that I don't particularly enjoy, and the production at times is problematic. As much as I love drums and John Bonham, I find him too high in the mix on occasion, which makes certain performances seem 'bash-y'. (sacrilege! sacrilege!)

There are still some great moments here, but just not as many to my ears as on other albums.

I couldn´t rank them, but one thing I noticed while thinking about this, is how every Zep album is awesome, and yet, all of them have their not so great songs, ecept fo IV, which is awesome from start to finish. Also, they were never about doing a "perfect take", but were always going for the most natural souding ones. So you got all those cool sounding "mistakes" all over their albums.

Like Lucas, I was always partial to In Through the Out Door - an uncle of mine gave it to me from his personal collection once I told him I was starting to get into metal/rock. And I hated Presence for a long while, until I got the reissue in 2015. That album has grown on me a lot! And much like goose, I prefer Robert´s lower register, which is shown both on ITTOD and Presence.

IV

PG / HotH / II (tied)

III

After that it's all a toss up for me though I've found that the older I get the more I appreciate ITTOD; take away Hot Dog and it's a really cool collection of songs IMO.

IV

PG / HotH / II (tied)

III

After that it's all a toss up for me though I've found that the older I get the more I appreciate ITTOD; take away Hot Dog and it's a really cool collection of songs IMO.

:goodone:
  • Like 1