Upcoming Geddy Lee Interview with Tech 21 NYC

RushFanForever

Geddy ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • Like 1

Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to it, too!!!! :drool: :drool: :heart: :ebert: :geddy: :wub: Long live GEDDY!!!!! :geddy: :cheerleader: :banana: :wub:
  • Like 1

I realise that not everybody was a fan of the Wal bass years, or Steinberger come to that, but they made some classic albums during that time which is a massive part of the bands legacy as well as some of Geddys finest bass work so I find it odd and quite sad that he has written those instruments out of the bands history, they haven't been seen or mentioned for over twenty years and are not seen hanging on the wall with all those others! Maybe they're in storage or in the bassment or he may have sold them, wonder why he hates them so much when at the time he had so much praise? Shame as the Wals are such great, unique and beautifully hand crafted instruments, would like to hear his views on them now!
  • Like 1

I realise that not everybody was a fan of the Wal bass years, or Steinberger come to that, but they made some classic albums during that time which is a massive part of the bands legacy as well as some of Geddys finest bass work so I find it odd and quite sad that he has written those instruments out of the bands history, they haven't been seen or mentioned for over twenty years and are not seen hanging on the wall with all those others! Maybe they're in storage or in the bassment or he may have sold them, wonder why he hates them so much when at the time he had so much praise? Shame as the Wals are such great, unique and beautifully hand crafted instruments, would like to hear his views on them now!

I seem to recall Ged played the Wal bass for years on specific songs live ... I think Temples of Syrinx? Or maybe I am thinking of a different bass. Maybe it was a Fender. Someone here can correct me.

Edited by Wil1972

I seem to recall Ged played the Wal bass for years on specific songs live ... I think Temples of Syrinx? Or maybe I am thinking of a different bass. Maybe it was a Fender. Someone here can correct me.

He hasn't played a Wal live since '92. He used a tuned down Fender for 2112 after that.

He hasn't played a Wal live since '92. He used a tuned down Fender for 2112 after that.

Ah ok... So there you go. Thanks for the clarification.

um because he has better options now....and lots of them?
  • Like 1

um because he has better options now....and lots of them?

It's a bit late for better options, not that they are, he can't change the past and why would he want to, all these basses in his collection that have nothing to do with the bands body of work!

Here's a clip of Geddy with his bass collection from 'Rock Icons' posted on 'That Metal Show' YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzfpiZiIlY

Then there's photo below in 2000 from an interview with Global Bass.

http://www.globalbass.com/archives/dec2000/geddy_1.gif

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

He had his black Wal hanging on his wall next to the others not that long ago. I saw it in one of his basement photos. Maybe its still there but out of frame or in its case

In addition here's some recent 2012 interviews with 'bass guitar publications' that are of interest to read. This may answer your comment.

Bass Guitar, July 2012

Guitar & Bass, August 2012

Premier Guitar, November 2012

• Like 1