http://assets.blabbermouth.net.s3.amazonaws.com/media/kansasoverturelive.jpg

KANSAS, America's legendary progressive rock band, will release its new live album "Leftoverture Live & Beyond", on November 3. This is the first live album since 2009 for the band that has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, and is famous for classic hits such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In The Wind", as well as progressive epics like "Miracles Out Of Nowhere".

"Leftoverture Live & Beyond", produced by Jeff Glixman, features nineteen songs selected from twelve shows recorded during KANSAS's spring 2017 "Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour". The set list includes classic hits, deep cuts, new songs from 2016's studio album "The Prelude Implicit" and culminates with the band's sextuple-platinum breakthrough album, "Leftoverture", performed in its entirety.

Coinciding with the 40th anniversary of "Leftoverture" and the release of "The Prelude Implicit", KANSAS embarked on their biggest headlining tour in decades. The overwhelming success of that tour led the band, along with InsideOut Music, to release selected songs from the tour as a live album.

"When we saw how much our fans enjoyed the 'Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour' shows, we knew we had to record a live album," said KANSAS drummer Phil Ehart. "When it came to finding someone to produce it, we thought the best possible person would be the guy that produced 'Leftoverture' forty years ago. So, we called Jeff Glixman!"

"I'm really excited with how this live album sounds," adds Glixman. "This band is on fire. Producing this live album was truly an undertaking, but I am confident that KANSAS fans will enjoy the end result."

"Leftoverture Live & Beyond" will be distributed by The Orchard. The album will be available as a double CD digipak, four 180-gram-vinyl boxed set, and digitally on iTunes and Google Play.

"Leftoverture Live & Beyond" track listing:

01. Icarus II

02. Icarus

03. Point of Know Return

04. Paradox

05. Journey from Mariabronn

06. Lamplight Symphony

07. Dust in the Wind

08. Rhythm in the Spirit

09. The Voyage of Eight Eighteen

10. Section 60

11. Carry On Wayward Son

12. The Wall

13. What's on My Mind

14. Miracles out of Nowhere

15. Opus Insert

16. Questions of My Childhood

17. Cheyenne Anthem

18. Magnum Opus

19. Portrait (He Knew)

• Like 2

KANSAS, America's legendary progressive rock band, will release its new live album "Leftoverture Live & Beyond", on November 3. This is the first live album since 2009 for the band that has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, and is famous for classic hits such as "Carry On Wayward Son" and "Dust In The Wind", as well as progressive epics like "Miracles Out Of Nowhere".

"Leftoverture Live & Beyond", produced by Jeff Glixman, features nineteen songs selected from twelve shows recorded during KANSAS's spring 2017 "Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour". The set list includes classic hits, deep cuts, new songs from 2016's studio album "The Prelude Implicit" and culminates with the band's sextuple-platinum breakthrough album, "Leftoverture", performed in its entirety.

Coinciding with the 40th anniversary of "Leftoverture" and the release of "The Prelude Implicit", KANSAS embarked on their biggest headlining tour in decades. The overwhelming success of that tour led the band, along with InsideOut Music, to release selected songs from the tour as a live album.

"When we saw how much our fans enjoyed the 'Leftoverture 40th Anniversary Tour' shows, we knew we had to record a live album," said KANSAS drummer Phil Ehart. "When it came to finding someone to produce it, we thought the best possible person would be the guy that produced 'Leftoverture' forty years ago. So, we called Jeff Glixman!"

"I'm really excited with how this live album sounds," adds Glixman. "This band is on fire. Producing this live album was truly an undertaking, but I am confident that KANSAS fans will enjoy the end result."

"Leftoverture Live & Beyond" will be distributed by The Orchard. The album will be available as a double CD digipak, four 180-gram-vinyl boxed set, and digitally on iTunes and Google Play.

01. Icarus II

02. Icarus

03. Point of Know Return

04. Paradox

06. Lamplight Symphony

07. Dust in the Wind

08. Rhythm in the Spirit

10. Section 60

11. Carry On Wayward Son

12. The Wall

13. What's on My Mind

15. Opus Insert

17. Cheyenne Anthem

18. Magnum Opus

19. Portrait (He Knew)

sweet. i loved the last record so i don't mind no Walsh. he's shot anyway. looking forward to this.

And Leftoverture live......hell yes.

Mick

• Like 1

01. Icarus II

02. Icarus

03. Point of Know Return

04. Paradox

06. Lamplight Symphony

07. Dust in the Wind

08. Rhythm in the Spirit

10. Section 60

11. Carry On Wayward Son

12. The Wall

13. What's on My Mind

15. Opus Insert

17. Cheyenne Anthem

18. Magnum Opus

19. Portrait (He Knew)

sweet. i loved the last record so i don't mind no Walsh. he's shot anyway. looking forward to this.

Mick

Walsh at this moment is eating grass with the old nags in the pasture...

• Like 1

01. Icarus II

02. Icarus

03. Point of Know Return

04. Paradox

06. Lamplight Symphony

07. Dust in the Wind

08. Rhythm in the Spirit

10. Section 60

11. Carry On Wayward Son

12. The Wall

13. What's on My Mind

15. Opus Insert

17. Cheyenne Anthem

18. Magnum Opus

19. Portrait (He Knew)

Mick

With hardcore fans right next to him........weeping, lol

Mick

01. Icarus II

02. Icarus

03. Point of Know Return

04. Paradox

06. Lamplight Symphony

07. Dust in the Wind

08. Rhythm in the Spirit

10. Section 60

11. Carry On Wayward Son

12. The Wall

13. What's on My Mind

15. Opus Insert

17. Cheyenne Anthem

18. Magnum Opus

19. Portrait (He Knew)

Mick

With hardcore fans right next to him........weeping, lol

Mick

They're keeping the grass nice and moist for him...

• Like 1

I already prefer this to the last album!

Come on Prelude is a great album. actually the last reunion album with the original lineup was oddly the bad one. I listened to that one for the first time in years the other day.

awful.

Mick

Come on Prelude is a great album. actually the last reunion album with the original lineup was oddly the bad one. I listened to that one for the first time in years the other day.

awful.

Mick

It's not rubbish. Its nothing special

awful.

Mick

You can't do any better boyo. Let's hear your KANSAS songs!

• Like 1

awful.

Mick

Nah.

Still don't like it much.

But best songs are basically the first five albums in full.

awful.

Mick

Nah.

Captain Obvious to the rescue again!

• Like 1

awful.

Mick

Nah.

Also gonna say Audio Visions and Drastic Measures haha

awful.

Mick

Nah.

Also Power and Vinyl Confessions!

awful.

Mick

Nah.

Also Power and Vinyl Confessions!

Good stuff but not as high as the rest!

Monolith is good but not great.

Still kinda gutted I first listened to then on such a shoddy sound quality YouTube video. I could seriously have missed out!
  • Like 1

If i had to Rank the stuff......cause my OCD won't let me pass up a list.

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

11. In the Spirit of Things

12. Vinyl Confessions

then the last 3 are all equal crap to me.

Mick

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

I love Masque. Like. A lot.

• Like 1

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

Really underrated. but it's my fav.

Mick

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

Mick

YES I LOVE THE FIRST SONG!

Honestly adore it.

Also amazed that the debut doesn't get much love. Really love that!

Also 80's Rush is amazing. Definitely not that huge on the seventies.

• Like 1

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

Mick

Honestly adore it.

Honestly i can't Stand ged's 70's voice at this point.

Kansas had it all over Rush in that Decade as far as i'm concerned.

80's.....whole new ballgame, lol

Mick

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

Mick

Honestly adore it.

Mick

Yeah...agreed...

Seventies Ged is a terrible vocalist. Sorry but...yeah. Kills Hemispheres for me.

• Like 1

1. Masque

2. Leftoverture

3. Song for America

4. Kansas

5. Monolith

6. Point of Know Return

7. The Prelude Implicit

8. Power

9. Audio Visions

10. Drastic Measures

12. Vinyl Confessions

Mick

Mick

Honestly adore it.

Mick

Yeah...agreed...

Seventies Ged is a terrible vocalist. Sorry but...yeah. Kills Hemispheres for me.

The playing is what keeps hemispherses so up there for me.

but yea i don't have anyone can defend 70's ged. you may say it's subjective. it's bad singing.

so is dylan and Waits but they wrote for their limitations.

70's rush needed a good singing voice. didn't get it.

love him in the 80's though.

Mick