The League of Cheese

Alien Girl

Speaking of Counterparts

Double Agent:

Wilderness of Mirrors.

That line always irritates me. I know T.S. Elliot first penned it. And it's not necessarily cheesy. But it irritates me none-the-less.

I'm on the other side of this one..love the lyrics to Double Agent.

Speaking of Counterparts

Double Agent:

Wilderness of Mirrors.

That line always irritates me. I know T.S. Elliot first penned it. And it's not necessarily cheesy. But it irritates me none-the-less.

And I'm in the middle. I don't love DA's lyrics, and I don't hate them either. They're just kind of there. Luckily, I like the music behind them so I'm fine.

The only lyrics I like off Counterparts are from Cut to the Chase and Between Sun & Moon. All the other song lyrics I either don't care about (Double Agent, Animate, etc) or I dislike them (The Speed of Love, Nobody's Hero, etc). Those I dislike I'd put in the cheesy cabinet.

Musically, I like or really like almost everything off the album.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Speaking of Counterparts

Double Agent:

Wilderness of Mirrors.

And I'm in the middle. I don't love DA's lyrics, and I don't hate them either. They're just kind of there. Luckily, I like the music behind them so I'm fine.

The only lyrics I like off Counterparts are from Cut to the Chase and Between Sun & Moon. All the other song lyrics I either don't care about (Double Agent, Animate, etc) or I dislike them (The Speed of Love, Nobody's Hero, etc). Those I dislike I'd put in the cheesy cabinet.

Yeah. It's too bad they couldnt take the music and sound of Counterparts and insert totally different lyrics into most of the songs. I also only gravitate to listen to CTTH and BS&M and a few others because they're not songs about relationships or counterparts. I also really like Everyday Glory.

Funny, when it first came out and my taste in what made for a cool song hadn't evolved yet, I thought Double Agent was good. But as I got older, it's just corny now and I rarely if ever listen to it.

Edited by jnoble
  • Like 1

Speaking of Counterparts

Double Agent:

Wilderness of Mirrors.

Yeah. It's too bad they couldnt take the music and sound of Counterparts and insert totally different lyrics into most of the songs. I also only gravitate to listen to CTTH and BS&M and a few others because they're not songs about relationships or counterparts. I also really like Everyday Glory.

Funny, when it first came out and my taste in what made for a cool song hadn't evolved yet, I thought Double Agent was good. But as I got older, it's just corny now and I rarely if ever listen to it.

Double Agent was fun live on that tour. It was the closest I ever got to the stage (2nd row, in front of Lerxst) and when they busted out with the stage torches on Double Agent I could feel the heat. I still like the tune today but yeah my enthusiasm for it has subsided quite a bit.

I usually just listen to the guitar parts to figure out how to play them. I don't have available gray matter for lyrics.

Oh wait, wait, wait just a second.

Countdown.

Hate that song and it's cheez whiz pile of lyrics.

Edited by HemiBeers

And the ultimate in cheese that makes me cringe is not even a lyric. Singing to YYZ. Please, for all that is good and holy stop. I used to like YYZ. Now you've absolutely ruined it for me...

and this is where I go off the deep end...

JESUS H. CHRIST, IT'S A GODDAMN INSTRUMENTAL PEOPLE...AND INSTRUMENTAL!! WHAT DOES THAT f***ing MEAN?!! IT MEANS THERE'S NO GODDAMN WORDS! NONE! SO QUIT f***ing SINGING TO IT!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO LISTEN OR WATCH IT LIVE SINCE RUSH IN RIO, THERE IT IS. THAT STUPID AWOOOO WOOO WOOOO..AWOOO WOOOO WO...DRIVES ME f***ing BATSHIT CRAZY!! JUST BECAUSE THE BRAZILIANS DID IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE THE MORONIC TRADITION PEOPLE!! JUST STOP BEFORE I HAVE A f***ing ANEURYSM!

(It may sound like I'm unreasonably angry about this, that's because I am)

:bang bang:

I usually just listen to the guitar parts to figure out how to play them. I don't have available gray matter for lyrics.

Countdown.

:LOL:

Very un-rock subject matter.

Countdown.

Now this is rock and roll subject matter at its finest.

• Like 1

And the ultimate in cheese that makes me cringe is not even a lyric. Singing to YYZ. Please, for all that is good and holy stop. I used to like YYZ. Now you've absolutely ruined it for me...

JESUS H. CHRIST, IT'S A GODDAMN INSTRUMENTAL PEOPLE...AND INSTRUMENTAL!! WHAT DOES THAT f***ing MEAN?!! IT MEANS THERE'S NO GODDAMN WORDS! NONE! SO QUIT f***ing SINGING TO IT!!! EVERY SINGLE TIME I GO TO LISTEN OR WATCH IT LIVE SINCE RUSH IN RIO, THERE IT IS. THAT STUPID AWOOOO WOOO WOOOO..AWOOO WOOOO WO...DRIVES ME f***ing BATSHIT CRAZY!! JUST BECAUSE THE BRAZILIANS DID IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE TO CONTINUE THE MORONIC TRADITION PEOPLE!! JUST STOP BEFORE I HAVE A f***ing ANEURYSM!

That was very ORFian of you!

• Like 1

Countdown.

best gdamn song ever

LABT, I bet you listened to the entire thing before posting it

And I bet you're listening to Lick It Up right now !!

• Like 1

That was very ORFian of you!

Noooooo...take that back!

I understand. But think about it from their perspective - that was the first time Rush had ever visited their country. If it were me I would've been awoo woo wooing as soon as they introduced them! ;)

Remember: They have riots during regular season football/soccer matches! Awoo woo wooing during YYZ is several notches down in the excitement level for those good people :LOL:

I understand. But think about it from their perspective - that was the first time Rush had ever visited their country. If it were me I would've been awoo woo wooing as soon as they introduced them! ;)

Remember: They have riots during regular season football/soccer matches! Awoo woo wooing during YYZ is several notches down in the excitement level for those good people :LOL:

Feh.

Feh.

Hooting and hollering at concerts is a crime punishable by being upside down from the ceiling and having your genitals beaten by a knotted rope

• Like 1

Hooting and hollering at concerts is a crime punishable by being upside down from the ceiling and having your genitals beaten by a knotted rope

Sexy talk!

• Like 1

Sexy talk!

agreed

I remember being in school, and now looking back, I had no idea of the things I was taking for granted

Like being spanked on a daily basis by a middle aged woman

• Like 3

Sexy talk!

agreed

I remember being in school, and now looking back, I had no idea of the things I was taking for granted

Weren't all your teachers Catholic school nuns?

• Like 1

Sexy talk!

agreed

Weren't all your teachers Catholic school nuns?

That sentence makes so much more sense now.

• Like 2

Countdown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkYnKzOx5dY

best gdamn song ever

LABT, I bet you listened to the entire thing before posting it

And I bet you're listening to Lick It Up right now !!

That would be a "no".

• Like 2

I remember a small group on the floor in Columbus during the Time Machine tour that did this and I joined in. Very fun. I think the culture of Brazil with soccer chants is what caused them to do it, and that YYZ has an energy to it that others just don't.

The cheesiest Rush lyrics...other than the obvious ones, here's the one that really stick out to me:

You can do a lot in a lifetime

If you don't burn out too fast

You can make the most of the distance

First you need endurance

First you've got to last