My internal shuffle program

IwillchooseFreeWill

Why, please the gods, do I wake up each morning with a Rush song playing in my head? Or if I haven't slept, still be awake. This morning it's YYZ. It has been recently Natural Science, Bavado, Bastille Day, Roll the Bones, etc. and it has nothing to do with what music I have listened to the previous day, which yesterday ranged from Peter Gabriel, Chris Connell, the Foo Fighters and the Police. My brain's in a Rush rut. It's not unpleasant but it's weird.
  • Like 2

I've noticed similar things many times throughout my time as an avid listener.

Often at the end of the day my brain will go back through the catchiest songs I listened to that day, back to front until I wind up at what I listened to in the morning. I've also been very occasionally annoyed at my inability to get my head clear of music. For years now there has literally always been music playing in my head, I'm no longer annoyed by it, I just drown it out with other music, lol.

• Like 1

Why, please the gods, do I wake up each morning with a Rush song playing in my head? Or if I haven't slept, still be awake. This morning it's YYZ. It has been recently Natural Science, Bavado, Bastille Day, Roll the Bones, etc. and it has nothing to do with what music I have listened to the previous day, which yesterday ranged from Peter Gabriel, Chris Connell, the Foo Fighters and the Police. My brain's in a Rush rut. It's not unpleasant but it's weird.

Could be worse. I've had the band-aid commercial theme song in my head since 1984 :/

Could be worse. I've had the band-aid commercial theme song in my head since 1984 :/

Well, it used to be the Oscar Meyer Weiner commercial, or our Aeroplane Jelly jingle (Jello equivalent) so Rush is an improvement!

When I get some song by some other group/whatever stuck in my head that I don't want in there, I use Rush's "Circumstances" to get it out. It's my "go to" song for removing idiotic commercial jingles, etc.

But I do also wake up with Rush songs playing in my head. I don't mind that.