To Dream Theater fans...Once and for all who is the better drummer, Portnoy or Mangini?

treeduck

Who is the better drummer, Portnoy of Mangini?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better drummer, Portnoy of Mangini?

• Portnoy is definitely the superior drummer.
    • Mangini is clearly better behind the drum stool.
    • I can't decide yet but I might change my vote later if the wrong guy is winning...
    • I don't care about this f***ing band, I'm sick of seeing the threads about them!
    • f**k off Portnoy!
    • Mangini is a guy who does exactly what Petrucci and Rudess tell him, he's just so glad he got that gig.
    • Portnoy knew he couldn't stay in that band once they defied his orders!
    • Labrie looks like an old wizard these days.
    • Rudess looks like a bald alien wizard.
    • Petrucci looks like a fat bodybuilder who got lazy, so lazy he hasn't shaved or trimmed his beard since 2008, true story...
    • Earl Ramer is in love with Mike Portnoy and has had a Japanese Portnoy sex doll made specially

Portnoy is a great drummer indeed. but over the years he's become stale. has a stock amout of fills. i can for the most part tell you what fills he will use and where. but his early work in DT maybe though Octavarium was awesome.

Mangini......Also great drummer. more machine like. Does sound colder. Less warmth to his drumming if that makes sense.

Still and all i prefer him to portnoy by leagues. Love him way more live on the older DT tunes.

Mangini.

Mick

• Like 1

Rudess looks like a bald alien wizard.

Classic!!!!

• Like 2

I don't really care who's the better drummer. I just want better DT in the future or I'll have to just keep going back to ADTOE and Falling into Infinity. Edited by rocket ignites
  • Like 2