Two years ago!!!

greyfriar

Merciful Lord. Has it been 2 years?

son,you do not how it is to be a redskins fans 48 years.from lombardi to gruden,they drove me insane and back to sanity.

I'm right there with you from age 5. So that's 45 years. Can't believe I'm old enough to be anything for 45 years. An incompetent organization sine Snyder. They are going to lose Captain Kirk. Idiots. I'm probably done with the NFL when that happens.

40-year fan here myself. All signs point to a miserable season for the Redskins. Cousins is not going to put up the same numbers this year, without having Garcon, Jackson, and Moss to throw to. Which will lead to: a) the Redskins not valuing him as much as they might have this year or last and then b) him going somewhere else in search of $$$$.

The only variable is whether there are any teams out there that will be willing to pay him the money he thinks he deserves. Personally, I'm in the school that believes the Redskins should NOT kick any more than $19M per year his way (which is less than he thinks he's worth). Any more than that, and we're stuck with scrubs at almost every other position on the team.

This is a toxic franchise until Snyder sells.

Ron

Agree, he probably won't put up the same numbers. Pryor will be a bust. Doctson will never get on the field with any consistency. Either way, Cousins is the ONLY reason this team wins any games. Single handedly brings us from a 3-13 team to a playoff contender. He is a franchise level QB. We won't get another for 25 years. We will have plenty of cap space and the cap keeps going up every year. His 25 million will be average in 3 years. No amount of money spent on other positions makes us a winner with Colt McCoy or anyone less than Cousins at QB.

Maybe, but the last pass he threw against the Giants to end last year is a big reminder that Kirk may not be the answer to all the Redskins' problems. And I do think 3-13 is the record we're looking at this year.

Kirk is the difference between 3 wins and 9 wins. For the next 4 wins, they have to fix the run game and defense. He is not AR or Brady. Paying Kirk won't be what prevents that.

No.....it's who is around Kirk that makes the difference. The Redskins can't run unless they have a viable pass game. And Kirk is only as good as the guys he's throwing to. Given this, management got rid of Kirk's best target (Garcon) in the offseason, replaced by two questionable receivers. There IS no offense.

The defense was fine. They held the Eagles to about 20 points. The rest were given to them by the offense.

Merciful Lord. Has it been 2 years?

son,you do not how it is to be a redskins fans 48 years.from lombardi to gruden,they drove me insane and back to sanity.

I'm right there with you from age 5. So that's 45 years. Can't believe I'm old enough to be anything for 45 years. An incompetent organization sine Snyder. They are going to lose Captain Kirk. Idiots. I'm probably done with the NFL when that happens.

40-year fan here myself. All signs point to a miserable season for the Redskins. Cousins is not going to put up the same numbers this year, without having Garcon, Jackson, and Moss to throw to. Which will lead to: a) the Redskins not valuing him as much as they might have this year or last and then b) him going somewhere else in search of $$$$.

The only variable is whether there are any teams out there that will be willing to pay him the money he thinks he deserves. Personally, I'm in the school that believes the Redskins should NOT kick any more than $19M per year his way (which is less than he thinks he's worth). Any more than that, and we're stuck with scrubs at almost every other position on the team.

This is a toxic franchise until Snyder sells.

Ron

Agree, he probably won't put up the same numbers. Pryor will be a bust. Doctson will never get on the field with any consistency. Either way, Cousins is the ONLY reason this team wins any games. Single handedly brings us from a 3-13 team to a playoff contender. He is a franchise level QB. We won't get another for 25 years. We will have plenty of cap space and the cap keeps going up every year. His 25 million will be average in 3 years. No amount of money spent on other positions makes us a winner with Colt McCoy or anyone less than Cousins at QB.

Maybe, but the last pass he threw against the Giants to end last year is a big reminder that Kirk may not be the answer to all the Redskins' problems. And I do think 3-13 is the record we're looking at this year.

Kirk is the difference between 3 wins and 9 wins. For the next 4 wins, they have to fix the run game and defense. He is not AR or Brady. Paying Kirk won't be what prevents that.

No.....it's who is around Kirk that makes the difference. The Redskins can't run unless they have a viable pass game. And Kirk is only as good as the guys he's throwing to. Given this, management got rid of Kirk's best target (Garcon) in the offseason, replaced by two questionable receivers. There IS no offense.

The defense was fine. They held the Eagles to about 20 points. The rest were given to them by the offense.

So you're a pass to set up the run strategist? I've always thought you run to set up the pass. I guess it can go either way theoretically. I think the problem is that we have zero ability to run the football in any situation. Other than a once a game Kirk read option. The defenses know this and key on taking away the only thing we can do, pass. Any decent defense can take away the only thing you can do, if that's all you can do. But I agree, they let Garcon and DJax go and now we can't pass either. Pryor can't catch or run routes and Doctson is a bust. This season is over already and we get to blow it up and start over again. May have to just give up the NFL. Don't think I can seriously cheer for anyone else.

Man, I LOVED the R40 tour.

I saw two shows (Atlanta Georgia and Portland Oregon) and had tickets for the final show but couldn't make it.

Loved loved loved the various set lists.

My only regret is that on both of the shows I saw it was set list A, which did not include Natural Science or Camera Eye (that and the fact that set list A was also shorter than all of the other sets).

But watching all of the shows on Periscope with all of the TRF people commenting in real time was a very unique experience which, unfortunately, will apparently, never be repeated.

Periscope made 2015 a very special year for a Rush fan and made that last tour appropriately special.

Remember all the anticipation of when they would actually play Losing It?

Good times...

Edited by rftag
  • Like 1

I loved, loved, LOVED that R40 tour.

Sad that I'll never see them again.

Welcome, ElfDude! Nice to have you here!

Way to scare ElfDude off, BC. Nice going. :(

:LOL: :lol:

• Like 1

If someone wants to relive some parts of the show. Here you go... :sundog: :rush: :rush: :rush: :sundog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtMRz8rLKi4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOBs6NM4pp0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtgQQzc0UJc

• Like 5

Just looking at all the headlines of the threads in this forum is making me heartsick... :|

A few days ago I read through the Opening Night thread. That was really hard, but once started, I coundn't help myself other than going through the whole damn thing. Scary how I miss the live shows. :sigh:

Hey man, I just lit up your R40 candle while listening to GUP. It still flares fine. :cheers:

• Like 1