Two years ago!!!

greyfriar

That's right Grey. You were there too. Courtesy of Gina.

That was an unbelievable gesture that showed that Rush fans are the best!

As soon as she found out that I've booked a flight to LA, she instantly mailed me a ticket for the show. All that she asked for was one German beer! I will never forget my reaction as I checked the seating chart of the LA Forum and found out that I'm gonna be standing 3rd row (!!!), right in front of Geddy. I cried tears of joy and emotion, 'cause the thrill of anticipation was just so overwhelming...

Thanks again and again Gina (x1yyz), you're the best!!! :notworthy:

• Like 3

It was a great summer. I remember walking in downtown Toronto with my daughter and my hip starting to hurt. Little did I know where that would lead!

Is that how you found out? I wondered. :hug2:

It was one of the first symptoms.

I suspect they will be back out on tour - a brief one - but a tour. Don't ask me why I suspect it. I just have "a feeling."

I hope you're right

The last thing Neil will ever be is bored. He's the kind of person who has 20 things he wants to do every day but only has time for 3 as it is, no way will he come back to touring because he can't find anything better to do. I do think Alex and Geddy will record again at some point, together and/or separately. But I'm confident Neil is happily retired. And as much as I'll miss the band, I'm happy for him. It's still an absolute miracle that Rush didn't vanish for good after 1998.
  • Like 3

I got to spend parts of August 1, 2015 with Grey, the first (and, so far, only) time spent with him. An amazing, magical, joyous, tearful night. But I still have a wonderful souvenir of the event - one of the limited edition prints for the LA show, framed, with awesome purple matting and black frame...wish I had it on line somewhere to upload it here and show it off.
  • Like 1

I got to spend parts of August 1, 2015 with Grey, the first (and, so far, only) time spent with him. An amazing, magical, joyous, tearful night. But I still have a wonderful souvenir of the event - one of the limited edition prints for the LA show, framed, with awesome purple matting and black frame...wish I had it on line somewhere to upload it here and show it off.

:cheers: Cheers dude. It was a pleasure to meet you Tom! That cab ride to the show was so weird for me. I mean, I was totally jet-lagged and overwhelmed by being in LA, f***in' LA. Rush's Grand Finale!!! Still unbelievable!!!

I have the reprint poster of the LA show and I recently grabbed an original poster of my first Rush show from Eppelheim, Germany 1983.

• Like 2

I wish I didn't see this before bed.

Thank the Priests Of Syrinx I was there man!

I was in the third row. Was in the first row for the last three songs.

Didn't make the video because I was far Alex side.

Didn't matter.

My first show seeing RUSH in 1984. Cow Palace. I was 16. Had nose bleeds.

But I was part of the punks who sorry for the pun, rushed the front of the stage.

I went from the rafters to getting smashed in the barrier under Geddy's beautiful nose!

Geddy looked down into the sea of people and looked concerned.

I seriously thought they were going to stop the show but they did not!!

I was lucky enough to see Neil's solo up front while my body was getting crushed into concrete!

Worth it all!! That red candy Tama kit with Simmons pads made me so hot like Mark Hamill's car in Corvette Summer!

So funny.

31 years later I once again snuck to the front row to see the last RUSH CONCERT!

I AM BLESSED JOHNNY!!!!

1984-2015 60 times.

I will take it baby.

RIP RUSH!

ETERNAL FOREVER!

Neil wanted to retire way before R40.

Suck it up RUSH FANS!

I have no regrets.

My average is seeing RUSH twice a year for 30 years.

Yet my stats are nothing.

The great thing about traveling around the country for RUSH is that you meet amazing nice sweet humans.

Rush Fans from around the world.

I could write a book about my travels.

I've met people who have seen RUSH over 150 times!!!!

I am nothing

But I am

"SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!" LOL!!!

LONG LIVE RUSH! I NEED IT EVERYDAY!

Signed,

THE WHO???????

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 5

I wish I didn't see this before bed.

Thank the Priests Of Syrinx I was there man!

I was in the third row. Was in the first row for the last three songs.

Didn't make the video because I was far Alex side.

Didn't matter.

My first show seeing RUSH in 1984. Cow Palace. I was 16. Had nose bleeds.

But I was part of the punks who sorry for the pun, rushed the front of the stage.

I went from the rafters to getting smashed in the barrier under Geddy's beautiful nose!

Geddy looked down into the sea of people and looked concerned.

I seriously thought they were going to stop the show but they did not!!

I was lucky enough to see Neil's solo up front while my body was getting crushed into concrete!

Worth it all!! That red candy Tama kit with Simmons pads made me so hot like Mark Hamill's car in Corvette Summer!

So funny.

31 years later I once again snuck to the front row to see the last RUSH CONCERT!

I AM BLESSED JOHNNY!!!!

1984-2015 60 times.

I will take it baby.

RIP RUSH!

ETERNAL FOREVER!

Neil wanted to retire way before R40.

Suck it up RUSH FANS!

I have no regrets.

My average is seeing RUSH twice a year for 30 years.

Yet my stats are nothing.

The great thing about traveling around the country for RUSH is that you meet amazing nice sweet humans.

Rush Fans from around the world.

I could write a book about my travels.

I've met people who have seen RUSH over 150 times!!!!

I am nothing

But I am

"SOMETHING FOR NOTHING!" LOL!!!

LONG LIVE RUSH! I NEED IT EVERYDAY!

Signed,

THE WHO???????

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :cheers: :rush: :clap:

• Like 2

Merciful Lord. Has it been 2 years?

son,you do not how it is to be a redskins fans 48 years.from lombardi to gruden,they drove me insane and back to sanity.

I'm right there with you from age 5. So that's 45 years. Can't believe I'm old enough to be anything for 45 years. An incompetent organization sine Snyder. They are going to lose Captain Kirk. Idiots. I'm probably done with the NFL when that happens.

son,you do not how it is to be a redskins fans 48 years.from lombardi to gruden,they drove me insane and back to sanity.

I'm right there with you from age 5. So that's 45 years. Can't believe I'm old enough to be anything for 45 years. An incompetent organization sine Snyder. They are going to lose Captain Kirk. Idiots. I'm probably done with the NFL when that happens.

40-year fan here myself. All signs point to a miserable season for the Redskins. Cousins is not going to put up the same numbers this year, without having Garcon, Jackson, and Moss to throw to. Which will lead to: a) the Redskins not valuing him as much as they might have this year or last and then b) him going somewhere else in search of $$$$.

The only variable is whether there are any teams out there that will be willing to pay him the money he thinks he deserves. Personally, I'm in the school that believes the Redskins should NOT kick any more than $19M per year his way (which is less than he thinks he's worth). Any more than that, and we're stuck with scrubs at almost every other position on the team.

This is a toxic franchise until Snyder sells.

Ron

40-year fan here myself. All signs point to a miserable season for the Redskins. Cousins is not going to put up the same numbers this year, without having Garcon, Jackson, and Moss to throw to. Which will lead to: a) the Redskins not valuing him as much as they might have this year or last and then b) him going somewhere else in search of $$$$.

The only variable is whether there are any teams out there that will be willing to pay him the money he thinks he deserves. Personally, I'm in the school that believes the Redskins should NOT kick any more than $19M per year his way (which is less than he thinks he's worth). Any more than that, and we're stuck with scrubs at almost every other position on the team.

Ron

Agree, he probably won't put up the same numbers. Pryor will be a bust. Doctson will never get on the field with any consistency. Either way, Cousins is the ONLY reason this team wins any games. Single handedly brings us from a 3-13 team to a playoff contender. He is a franchise level QB. We won't get another for 25 years. We will have plenty of cap space and the cap keeps going up every year. His 25 million will be average in 3 years. No amount of money spent on other positions makes us a winner with Colt McCoy or anyone less than Cousins at QB.

Ron

Agree, he probably won't put up the same numbers. Pryor will be a bust. Doctson will never get on the field with any consistency. Either way, Cousins is the ONLY reason this team wins any games. Single handedly brings us from a 3-13 team to a playoff contender. He is a franchise level QB. We won't get another for 25 years. We will have plenty of cap space and the cap keeps going up every year. His 25 million will be average in 3 years. No amount of money spent on other positions makes us a winner with Colt McCoy or anyone less than Cousins at QB.

Maybe, but the last pass he threw against the Giants to end last year is a big reminder that Kirk may not be the answer to all the Redskins' problems. And I do think 3-13 is the record we're looking at this year.

• Like 1

Ron

Maybe, but the last pass he threw against the Giants to end last year is a big reminder that Kirk may not be the answer to all the Redskins' problems. And I do think 3-13 is the record we're looking at this year.

Kirk is the difference between 3 wins and 9 wins. For the next 4 wins, they have to fix the run game and defense. He is not AR or Brady. Paying Kirk won't be what prevents that.