Two years ago!!!

greyfriar

I miss the Periscope events...

Isn't there some other cool band currently on tour that people might be periscoping? Ghost, or something?

• Like 3

That was a special summer!

Yep, I'll never forget the excitement (so thick you could cut it with a knife) all around here!!!

• Like 4

Wow that was a fun and exciting time. I loved looking forward to the periscope feeds. You never knew what we were going to get.
  • Like 3

That was a special summer!

I do too, and it was. Very special. Those periscope threads were a blast. Even though I couldn't watch a thing on account of my dial-up, just "being there" with all of you made it so much fun.

• Like 3

Isn't there some other cool band currently on tour that people might be periscoping? Ghost, or something?

Another periscope night on TRF sometime would be really fun!

• Like 5

I remember that week vividly.

The woman I had been married to for 17 years was moving back east (her home) and had gotten into a relationship with her high school sweetheart. (They're married now!).

She left California the week before the shows, and I was back in my apartment, living alone for the first time in 20 years.

I took my girlfriend to the Irvine show and my drummer to the LA show.

2015 was a very emotional and raw year in many ways. Music (both playing it and listening to it/experiencing it) has been therapy for me throughout my life whenever things got rough.

So, it was already emotional to see Rush play all these songs I love... but then add the dimension of the 'last tour, last show' to the mix. Uber powerful.

Lots of tears during Losing It in LA. I got choked up during another song or 2 but I can't remember which ones. Probably Xanadu, just due to the power of hearing it live again.

Also lots of smiles, cheers, and singing along, air drumming, you name it.

Life was never gonna be the same.

Thankfully, so far it's been a very happy outcome (for all involved).

• Like 6

I believe something is in the works and will happen within 2 years. Maybe Rush, maybe not, but I believe we will hear something from Geddy or Al, or both, together or separate soon.

I suspect that Neil might just be getting bored. Retirement might not be all he thought it would be.

I wonder, too, if his daughter will ask to see him perform live as she gets older. It would be a different experience for her than seeing it on video or seeing a few concerts when she was five.

• Like 2

I suspect that Neil might just be getting bored. Retirement might not be all he thought it would be.

I wonder, too, if his daughter will ask to see him perform live as she gets older. It would be a different experience for her than seeing it on video or seeing a few concerts when she was five.

I think if Geddy and Al time it right, and Geddy sends Al in to do the convincing talking, he might be able to get Neil to do it.

Maybe I'm wrong though. Maybe he really did hate doing it. Often there is a lot of truth to the wise old saying: Familiarity breeds contempt.

But Absence makes the heart grow fonder. :cool:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 4

His daughter will soon be getting to the age where she tells him to bug off (she has a life you know).
  • Like 5