Rick and Morty

KenJennings

Does anyone else here watch Rick and Morty? One of the funniest animated shows on TV, it had it's de-facto season premier last night, and I'm surprised to see nobody here is talking about it.

I love how well developed this show's characters are, despite the absolutely ridiculous scenarios they go through each week. No matter how outlandish the plots become, the continuity of the show is near perfect, and each character builds on every event.

My favorite character:

Jerry_Smith_Portal.jpg

I love how cruel the show is to Jerry, and I loved the cards he's been dealt in recent episodes. No matter how much hell he's put through, he just bounces back with ignorant optimism. Dealing with a wife who is almost abusive in her withholding of affection, competing with a man who literally controls time and space for his children's attention, and having to be reminded every day that the universe is a cold and meaningless hell that cares not one iota about him; Jerry just keeps on dealing with it...

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 3

I love that show. A friend got me into it and at first I wasn't really feeling it, but a couple of episodes and I was hooked. Jerry actually bugs me because of his apparent weakness, but the way you described him makes me think there's a lot more to him. You could say he's the modern day beta male.
  • Like 2

I just got into rick and morty. I love it! the constant nihilism mixed with humor is what makes it unique.

I hope it has staying power. I also hope they don't make the mistake of the venture brothers by taking off a few years between seasons.

• Like 1

I've watched Rick & Morty sporadically but really enjoy it. With the new season here, I feel some season 1 and 2 bingeing happening this weekend.

Be sure to post about it in the binge watching thread! :dweez:

Nevermind. don't binge watch anything.

Or maybe not? :eh:

I need to watch this show more intently. I've caught some episodes on late night tv and I like what I've seen. I just always seem to get distracted when it's on. Will try and give it the time it deserves soon.

I'm mostly in the dark about this show, but it must be a thing because my local FYE store has a ton of R&M merch...I just scratched my head.

The only problem with Rick and Morty is not enough Rick and Morty.

Just had some Szechuan Sauce... not bad at all!

I think I’ve seen them all and missed the big reference

Rick And Morty is awesome. I caught onto it a year ago and binge watched every episode. I know they take a little time in between seasons, but I hope they don't become another Venture Bros., putting out a half-season every 3 years. I've given up on that franchise.

So five episodes of season four as we get strung along. Not as funny this time around.

The next five episodes should be out this spring. I think the latest five episodes are hilarious and totally live up to the first two seasons.

So five episodes of season four as we get strung along. Not as funny this time around.

The next five episodes should be out this spring. I think the latest five episodes are hilarious and totally live up to the first two seasons.

Nothing this season is Pickle Rick level.

Nothing this season is Pickle Rick level.

Maybe, but neither are many of the previous seasons' episodes. Pickle Rick is top shelf Rick & Morty. Lol.