"SO?" Peter Gabriel VS. FISH! Umm Derek "William" Dick! What A Dick! Love Him!! Fish Did Not Rip Off Peter! Did He?

RUSHHEAD666

FISH OR GABRIEL? From Genesis To Revelations? Marillion? Lord Of The Rings Middle Earth Shite? CHOOSE!   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which Legendary Progressive Rock Singer Do You Absolutely Adore The Most? Ghost Of A Chance! Progressive Romance!

• Peter Gabriel: GENESIS
    • FISH: MARILLION

Time for a "Vigil In A Wilderness Of Mirrors" kidz!!!!

WTF?

Time for the "BIG TiME" folkz!

I am tired of the talk about how FISH ripped off Peter Gabriel. Oh was it the accent or the grease paint mask?

I will always love GENESIS, but luckily I was born at the perfect time to fall madly in love with Marillion too.

I've met FISH many times. Just like a FISH out of water.

Amazing man.

I am sure Peter is cool too. But he never does any Genesis stuff live anymore.

FISH BLOWS PETER AWAY!

Signed,

"FUGAZI"

I don't know who Fish is, but I grew up with Peter Gabriel's music. I discovered Genesis' first debut album by accident but never seem to connect with the later material. I saw PG on his Still Growing Up tour in Hamburg, Germany, and his Back To Front tour in Herning, Denmark. Two of my musical highligths of my life.

Gabriel. i love Fish but he can never match those first 4 solo records Gabriel had for me.

Now i like Fish in Marillion more than i do Gabriel in Genesis.

but factoring in the solo records it's Gabriel for me.

Mick

OK, I can't leave you on your own! My vote is for FISH: Gabriel's career is much more full of triumphs but what Fish gave during the 80s and during a good part of his solo years touched indeed my inner strings.

And I find Feast his best studio album

• Like 1

OK, I can't leave you on your own! My vote is for FISH: Gabriel's career is much more full of triumphs but what Fish gave during the 80s and during a good part of his solo years touched indeed my inner strings.

OMG!! GEEZER!

Don't take this the wrong way but I LOVE YOU!!!!

Of course!!

I love Peter!! But exactly!! What FISH did with Marillion in the Eighties was immaculate. I mean seriously let's really get right down to the Lothian Heart of the matter......

Gabriel with Genesis. LEGEND. PERFECT.

From Genesis To Revelations

Trespass

Nursery Cryme

Foxtrot

Selling England By The Pound

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Six records with Genesis. The debut album is good, but not a prog classic. JMO So that's five albums with Gabriel Genesis. All Masterpieces.

Now enter the Marillion Fish Era......

Script for A Jester's Tear

Fugazi

Misplaced Childhood

Clutching At Straws

That's four immaculate perfect albums too.

Oh, and to make it more even, don't forget about "The B Sides Themselves." Marillion wrote many songs that were not on those four records. "Lady Nina" and "Freaks." "Three Boats...." too.

"Grendel?"

I mean I think it's a fair argument to discuss early Marillion VS early Genesis.

Amazing prog.

I love it all like a whore with a "Warm Wet Circle." Bring it on gang!

Fish in Marillion > Gabriel Genesis

Oh and the FISH solo albums blow away Peter's boring ass shite. Peter went POP!

Signed,

"Don't Give Up"

• Like 1

OMG!! GEEZER!

Don't take this the wrong way but I LOVE YOU!!!!

Of course!!

I love Peter!! But exactly!! What FISH did with Marillion in the Eighties was immaculate. I mean seriously let's really get right down to the Lothian Heart of the matter......

Gabriel with Genesis. LEGEND. PERFECT.

From Genesis To Revelations

Trespass

Nursery Cryme

Foxtrot

Selling England By The Pound

The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Six records with Genesis. The debut album is good, but not a prog classic. JMO So that's five albums with Gabriel Genesis. All Masterpieces.

Now enter the Marillion Fish Era......

Script for A Jester's Tear

Fugazi

Misplaced Childhood

Clutching At Straws

That's four immaculate perfect albums too.

Oh, and to make it more even, don't forget about "The B Sides Themselves." Marillion wrote many songs that were not on those four records. "Lady Nina" and "Freaks." "Three Boats...." too.

"Grendel?"

I mean I think it's a fair argument to discuss early Marillion VS early Genesis.

Amazing prog.

I love it all like a whore with a "Warm Wet Circle." Bring it on gang!

Fish in Marillion > Gabriel Genesis

Oh and the FISH solo albums blow away Peter's boring ass shite. Peter went POP!

Signed,

"Don't Give Up"

I LOVE 'Don't Give Up', but mainly because of Kate Bush!

I love Fish, but voted PG. The first 4 Marillos were magic for me - but most certainly Gabriel-Genesis derived. Peter continued to evolve and has had a much more complete career.
  • Like 1