What are the Most Disappointing Movie Sequels? [part 2s ONLY]

JohnnyBlaze

Curious about the opposite direction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones were better than their originals?

I totally don't enjoy Rocky 2. but i know some people that really do.

Rocky wasn't always the brightest bulb. but in 2 he was just plain stupid.

Mick

:LOL:

For me, Rocky 2 was a big drop from part 1 but not as huge as some of the other movies already mentioned.

Towards the beginning of Die Hard 2 there's a scene where the villain (played by William Sadler) is watching the news and doing some kind of martial arts exercises in the buff and looking all lean and sweaty. Why the hell was he naked though? To show how intense and concentrated he is? :LOL:

From that point I knew the movie was going to be an unintentional joke.

oh man....That was a mistake in Die hard 2. the villian is so humorless coming off of Alan Rickman.

Then came Jeramy irons and......all better, lol

Mick

Mick

For me, Rocky 2 was a big drop from part 1 but not as huge as some of the other movies already mentioned.

Towards the beginning of Die Hard 2 there's a scene where the villain (played by William Sadler) is watching the news and doing some kind of martial arts exercises in the buff and looking all lean and sweaty. Why the hell was he naked though? To show how intense and concentrated he is? :LOL:

oh man....That was a mistake in Die hard 2. the villian is so humorless coming off of Alan Rickman.

Mick

I skipped part 3 because of the shittiness of part 2...although I did see part 4 when it was in cinemas.

So there was nearly a 20 year gap between my Die Hard viewings and all due to part 2's garbage. :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

I skipped part 3 because of the shittiness of part 2...although I did see part 4 when it was in cinemas.

So there was nearly a 20 year gap between my Die Hard viewings and all due to part 2's garbage. :LOL:

3 is great my 2nd fav film of the series.

Mick

Mick

Mick

3 is great my 2nd fav film of the series.

Mick

Alright, I'll check it out next time. Can't be worse than William Sadler's bare bum while exercising. :LOL:

I can't even remember part 4 tbh.

• Like 1

Phantasm II was awful, and I love the original ... Texas Chainsaw Massacre II was bad too

It's not really fair because both original films are classic, but the sequels were terrible to embarrassing

• Like 1

And I'll add that Aliens was extremely disappointing ..

All of the long atmospheric panning shots, dread and isolation of the original were cashed in for generic action

I realize it is pointless for a sequel to feel more like a remake, but all of what made the original great was absent in Aliens

All of the long atmospheric panning shots, dread and isolation of the original were cashed in for generic action

I realize it is pointless for a sequel to feel more like a remake, but all of what made the original great was absent in Aliens

Ooooold thread below. I'd change my vote today but my thoughts are nearly the same today as what I said in that original post

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/40551-alien-aliens-vs-terminator-1-2/page__hl__%20alien%20%20aliens%20%20terminator%20%20terminator__st__20

• Like 1

Terminator 2 is better than the original. The movie had better pacing, a better story, great special effects, and gave Arnold a chance to really step up as a complicated hero rather than an inherently one dimensional villain.

Grease 2. Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde.

My daughters kept bringing sequels home from the library and expecting them to be as good as the originals. I don't expect you to feel my pain but it hurt to sit through these! :LOL:

And Nightmare on Elm Street 2 is a stinker!

http://reelchat.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/ghostbusters-2-logo.jpg

I loved it as a kid in theaters and many viewings on hbo and Showtime but I have it a revisit before the female one and it has aged terribly. So dated in the late 80s motifs. I'll take Bobby Browns song over that lame Fallout Boy cover any day though. I'm a sucker for this New jack swing sound I grew up with.

Men In Black II

The 3rd one was better than it had any right to be though.

Aliens is a better action movie than Alien is horror.

• Like 1

Was going to go with none but picked Dark Knight, not because I think it's so great, but because Begins isn't.

What didn't you like about Batman Begins?

No idea. It clearly made no major positive impression on me as at the time DK came out I had no recollection of seeing it. While watching DK I had to keep asking my friend about whether particular characters were in the first movie. Part 3 wasn't bad though. Frankly I'd rather watch 60s TV Batman over any of the movies.

very true

There are exceptions, but I tend to prefer slow, smoldering movies - and the less dialog, the better

Edited by Lucas

very true

There are exceptions, but I tend to prefer slow, smoldering movies - and the less dialog, the better

What'd you think of Quest for Fire?

I wouldn't call it slow though I might say it's smoldering...literally.

And there is dialogue...though part of it is a fictional language (created by none other than Anthony Burgess) and the other is a mix of Cree/Inuit.

Aw, man. This isn't happening. Oh no, man. We're all gonna die, man. Game over! We're all gonna die!

f***ing Bill Paxton.

(R.I.P.)

Edited by toymaker
  • Like 1

Blue brothers 2000.

why? just why?

Mick

true ... and add caddyshack II to the why just why list

:yes: Isis tortures infidels by making them watch Caddyshack II.
  • Like 2