What are the Most Disappointing Movie Sequels? [part 2s ONLY]

JohnnyBlaze

Curious about the opposite direction  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which ones were better than their originals?

Blue brothers 2000.

why? just why?

Mick

true ... and add caddyshack II to the why just why list

:yes: Isis tortures infidels by making them watch Caddyshack II.

It's the fake looking gopher, isn't it?

Like that cheeseball CG prairie dog at the start of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - didn't bode well, did it?

Jaws 2 was bad!

Blasphemy!!!!!!

So I will look back at highly anticipated sequels when I say these are garbage. There are a plethora of bad sequels, but let's talk about movies that were wildly popular with highly anticipated sequels.

Legally Blonde 2 was pure hot garbage after a very endearing and cute first movie.

Nightmare On Elm Street 2 was so f***ing bad.....my god what a shitshow of a sequel. I don't even consider it part of the cannon. Dream Warriors was the true sequel to the classic original.

Caddyshack 2 should be illegal in any country.

The Matrix Reloaded was pure shite compared to the brilliant original.

Men In Black 2 was hot garbage

The Lost World IMO was really a poor sequel. I loved Jurassic Park and I remember walking out of JP2 The Lost World feeling like I had just been duped. Bad story, Goldblum's daughter was an atrocious character and actress, just bad. JPIII was far better as was Jurassic World. I pretend The Lost World is not even in the cannon.

Ted 2 was incredibly bad. Ted was already a farcical romp, a movie so bad it was good. But Ted 2? Was it really needed? God no. Pure money grab.

Those are some off the top of my mind.

not a sequel,but LIFE

that come out this summer,was the worst movie i have ever seen.PATRIOT,S DAY was not that good either.

godfather was 2 was great because robert deniro was flawless in it.one of the greatest performances ever.

Speaking of hot garbage:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFT_0JxQ93E[/media]

This needs to be on Rifftrax just for the Satans Alley sequence alone.

OMG!!!! This movie is such a guilty pleasure and filed under the so bad it's good.

PURE 80's CHESSE GOLD.

What a trainwreck of a film. But I can't turn it off when it is on.

And this video is hillarious!!

Edited by Todem

Speaking of hot garbage:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFT_0JxQ93E[/media]

This needs to be on Rifftrax just for the Satans Alley sequence alone.

OMG!!!! This movie is such a guilty pleasure and filed under the so bad it's good.

PURE 80's CHESSE GOLD.

What a trainwreck of a film. But I can't turn it off when it is on.

And this video is hillarious!!

"I'm joy!"

"I'm happiness!"

"YOU!OUT!" :LOL:

Is the "besides Caddyshack II" in the thread title assumed to be understood?

:LOL:

Caddyshack 2 was pure crap no doubt about it.

But I was never a big fan of part 1 so Caddyshack 2 never crossed my mind.

Yes, it's blasphemy and I'm blasphemous. ;)

• Like 1

Aliens and Terminator 2 were both better than the originals, though the originals were very good.

excusemeno.gif

I prefer the originals myself but the sequels were very good. My only complaint from all 4 movies is pesky Eddie Furlong and that squelch of his.

• Like 1

Aliens and Terminator 2 were both better than the originals, though the originals were very good.

excusemeno.gif

You don't need to fake the surprise lol.

If you don't find Alien a terrifying experience, which I never have, it lacks a little. If you find Aliens to be a terrific action movie full of threat and menace, memorable characters, and high end tension, then it has a lot to offer.

Alien and Aliens I both first watched when I was ten. Alien took me years to remotely enjoy. I never found it scary (but in time, I found it entertaining and appreciate it for what it is now). Aliens is a real departure from the first movie, which is what a sequel should be in my opinion. And it suits me better.

Both are masterpieces. But Alien for me fails to be terrifiying, which is its main purpose, but Aliens is truly a thrill ride, an emotional one as well. For me it isn't just a great sequel, but of the two, it is the better standalone film.

• Like 2

excusemeno.gif

If you don't find Alien a terrifying experience, which I never have, it lacks a little. If you find Aliens to be a terrific action movie full of threat and menace, memorable characters, and high end tension, then it has a lot to offer.

Alien and Aliens I both first watched when I was ten. Alien took me years to remotely enjoy. I never found it scary (but in time, I found it entertaining and appreciate it for what it is now). Aliens is a real departure from the first movie, which is what a sequel should be in my opinion. And it suits me better.

Both are masterpieces. But Alien for me fails to be terrifiying, which is its main purpose, but Aliens is truly a thrill ride, an emotional one as well. For me it isn't just a great sequel, but of the two, it is the better standalone film.

I understand what you are sayin' Segue, and I don't disagree

What I love about Alien is the pacing and the vibe -- I like the quiet, methodical dialog and the long tracking shots -- all of it contributes to this feeling of isolation, and it is the slow, building dread that makes it terrifying ..

There are definitely exceptions, but I tend to like movies that paint the picture with camerawork and lighting as opposed to lots of dialog

But I can definitely see the appeal of Aliens .. It's just not my thing, esp because I loved the original ( and all it's calmness )

• Like 1

excusemeno.gif

What I love about Alien is the pacing and the vibe -- I like the quiet, methodical dialog and the long tracking shots -- all of it contributes to this feeling of isolation, and it is the slow, building dread that makes it terrifying ..

There are definitely exceptions, but I tend to like movies that paint the picture with camerawork and lighting as opposed to lots of dialog

But I can definitely see the appeal of Aliens .. It's just not my thing, esp because I loved the original ( and all it's calmness )

I like em both because they ARE very different experiences. the one i like better depends on which one i'm watching, lol

Mick

• Like 2

excusemeno.gif

I like em both because they ARE very different experiences. the one i like better depends on which one i'm watching, lol

Mick

This. I cannot deny I love both.

The original gets better the older I get. As does the sequel. Which has a lot of character, depth and nuances in emotions that I sense Lucas overlooked a little.

I actually think Aliens is everything Alien was AND more. And it works beautifully.

• Like 3