Guys! My Limited Marillion "Misplaced Childhood" Four Disc Box Sets Arrived Today! I Got Lucky! Both Autographed By The Band! Minus FISH Of Course!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm having a serious REAL MARILLION night!!! I got my two "Misplaced Childhood" box sets today! SO PUMPED! Guess I ordered them early enough to get the rare auto versions!

I'm cranking the live 2 cd concert first! INCREDIBLE!!!

Can't wait to hear the new mix by Steven Wilson!!

I hope they do a "Script" Box, a "Fugazi" Box and of course my favorite... a four disc "Clutching At Straws Box Set!!

Signed,

"Going Under"

• Like 5

Ordered it but not come yet.

Mine came from Marillion signed yesterday. The Fish signed one has not arrived yet.

It's really beautiful. I plan to dig into this properly this weekend. Definitely listening to the the live show first and then maybe the doc.. There's some overlap with the 1998 set, but there's enough new here to make it worthwhile.

I don't expect the studio album to sound any better than what's already out there, but I got that covered. I may swap out the best sounding version and put it in this book. Really amazing package and I love the current photo of all five of them with Chris Kimsey. Special one for sure.

I'd love for this to happen wit the rest of them, but there's not a chance in hell of it happening.

Some of the essays are from the previous Misplaced Childhood remaster in 1998. But the main essay is really cool. May have come from the Prog Rock interview in 2015 but can't say since I never picked that one up.

• Like 1

A little off topic but....

I need spend way more time on this band than i have.

What do all you hard core fans think of the last one FEAR? I really enjoy it but curious what the long time fans think

• Like 2

Mine came from Marillion signed yesterday. The Fish signed one has not arrived yet.

It's really beautiful. I plan to dig into this properly this weekend. Definitely listening to the the live show first and then maybe the doc.. There's some overlap with the 1998 set, but there's enough new here to make it worthwhile.

I don't expect the studio album to sound any better than what's already out there, but I got that covered. I may swap out the best sounding version and put it in this book. Really amazing package and I love the current photo of all five of them with Chris Kimsey. Special one for sure.

I'd love for this to happen wit the rest of them, but there's not a chance in hell of it happening.

Some of the essays are from the previous Misplaced Childhood remaster in 1998. But the main essay is really cool. May have come from the Prog Rock interview in 2015 but can't say since I never picked that one up.

Wait my friend? What??? Why wouldn't the band and Racket Records and Steven Wilson do the other "Fish Era" Marillion box sets?

We all know that Wilson did the Tull and the ELP!

They have to do all of the "FISH" Marillion box sets!!

Then just wait for the next wave. EMI will probably do the Hogarth Marillion Boxes.

Hint: I was just on the official FISH Website last night because I was just listening to this incredible box set. Well FISH reissued many of his album in box sets too!!

AMAZING!!

Of course none of his early EMI catalog was done in box sets. Just his amazing and underrated Chocolate Frog stuff.

This is a great time to be alive if you are in your late 40's.

Compact discs are still being pressed with better audio and bonus tracks with incredible new art inlayed boxes.

Downloading shit is for the millennials. You can have the world you wonderful wankers! Oil tankers have more culture than your ant penis brains.

LOL! I hope you don't always take everything I write seriously!

Thank The Universe and pure luck and timing that I was born in 1968! I am soooooooo happy that I am not a young person in this wacky world today. Good luck.

Until then, listen to music, study hard and bust your ass and seek a solid career.

Fall in love and have babies. But DON'T GET MARRIED!

I have a Fish signed box coming too! Silver pen! PUMPED! Listening to the second live disc tonight. Never gets old.

This thread motived me to write a simple Top 5 Prog Band Thread last night. It bombed but it really doesn't matter.

It will always be

RUSH

MARILLION

For my top two.

Some love to rip FISH for being a Gabriel rip off. He's BETTER mates!!! To ME! ME ME ME!!! LOL!

I will take the entire FISH catalog over Peter's anyday! FUCKK IT! ANOTHER USELESS POLL IS BORN!

MARILLION > GENESIS

AND I LOVE GENESIS ETERNALLY!!!

MARILLION IS SO BLISSFUL! I LOVE THEM! I've partied with them all except "H" for HOMO sapian LOL! FOR YOUR LOVE!

FISH IS SO COOL AND FUN!

Rothery is a gentleman and so sweet!

Pete is so down to earth and AMAZING!!!

Mark is serious but so nice.

Ian is also a quiet gentleman. Very cool.

I love that my only beef with ANYONE in the Marillion family is Steve H for HIDDEN? HOBBIT? HOWARTH? HIDEOUS? The Neil Peart of frontmen vocalists.

"That's Life!"

• Like 1

What do all you hard core fans think of the last one FEAR? I really enjoy it but curious what the long time fans think

Flex!

"You Should Know By Now" to quote RATT that I am not your average guy on here. I love and embrace anything and everything off topic on my threads and polls.

I know there are uptight and anal retentive Rush Forum Members on here who get pissed when you change a topic on their precious little creations on the internet.

I LOVE off topic stuff!!

You are quite ON TOPIC though!

I absolutely LOVE "FEAR."

I was so excited to see MARiLLION in SF many months ago. Alas they had a very liberal agenda but as a die hard fan I was able to overlook H and his fuckking liberal speeches.

Jesus, I just wish these liberal EGOISTS would just shut the fuckk up and play the music.

I pay my "Big Money" to see a band I love. Not to hear them preach about their own political and bullshit agenda.

It's like when Pence took his daughter to see "Hamilton." The cast knew he would be attending so one of the members had a fuckingg speech in his pocket to deliver after the show while Pence and his daughter were on their way out of the auditorium.

I know this is a VERY LIBERAL PUBLIC FORUM for for God's Sake or for the Sake Of The Universe! Leave the man and his daughter alone. They are paying customers to see a fuckking play that in my mind looks totally WEAK anyway.

It's sad that we humans can't just "Let It Be" as Lennon wrote about his dead best friend Paul McCartney. WWWCD? HAHAHAHA!!

"WHAT WOULD WILLIAM CAMPBELL DO?"

"The Book Of Mormon" scores 11 Tonys.

"Hamilton" is a charade of anything brilliant.

Marillion is one of the greatest bands ever made on this precious Earth.

You the reader can decide your opinion or your fate. Choose to comment or choose to delete me!

"FOREVER!"

Love,

Y&T

LOL!

• Like 1

I haven't ordered my copy yet mainly because I still prefer Clutching at Straws by a million miles.

That said, the Utrecht show alone is probably worth the purchase

• Like 1

I haven't ordered my copy yet mainly because I still prefer Clutching at Straws by a million miles.

That said, the Utrecht show alone is probably worth the purchase

Holy Shit Geezer! YES! I'm listening to "Fugazi" on the live cd right now! IT'S INCREDIBLE!!!!

Not sure if you have seen my Top Five Prog Records buddy but "Clutching" is there!

"Misplaced" is perfect minus the two pop songs, but my God Geeser. "Clutching" is a masterpiece. It moves my soul. Like all FISH Marillion records.

Thank The Lord I was born on this planet at the right time for my own personal existence.

All I can do is hope the best for all of you who read this to find peace love and happiness.

May The Force Be With You All.

Focus on yourselves.

Good things will come to you.

• Like 1

Fish-era Marillion is outstanding.

Nothing beats Script, Fugazi and the early EPs.

Signed,

GRENDEL.

I'm so in love with real Marillion right now thanks to that box!! "Clutching At Straws" and the bonus disc tonight!!!! Marillion makes me happy.

Love,

"FREAKS"

"Please stop staring at me...."

Well that didn't last.

Broke down and listened to the concert twice and watched the doc once already. When the one arrived from Fish I just couldn't wait for the weekend.

The rest of the audio/video on those discs is either redundant or unimportant. Shame this is likely the only one. I'd really llove to have one for Clutching but consider myself lucky to get at least this.

• Like 1

I think FEAR is one of the best albums they've ever done. (Only albums that do nothing for me are Brave, half of Afraid of Sunlight and Less Is More. The rest are festivals of enjoyment for me.

• Like 1

I think FEAR is one of the best albums they've ever done. (Only albums that do nothing for me are Brave, half of Afraid of Sunlight and Less Is More. The rest are festivals of enjoyment for me.

I love FEAR but seeing the gig this year was a turn off for me. "H" is like another political, ultra-liberal lunatic blabbing and blathering on during the show about his own personal ideals and agenda. Like Roger Waters or even Don Henley. Shut the fook up and PLAY MUSIC! I pay my money for entertainment and for the love and beauty of music. Not some moron who just goes on and on and on about crap!!!

At least when FISH rambles on in between songs it's fukking FUNNY!!!!! I LOVE YOU FISH!!! "H" CAN PISS OFF YA WANKER!

I got mine last week - quite enjoyed the whole thing and really felt like I was back in 85/86 ; lol! LIve show is great Watched the documentary last night (needed subtitles! lol!)

I do have to comment that I was just slightly let down by Steven Wilson's 5.1 mix. It was pretty straight forward - wider sound stage, etc. It opened up very little that I hadn't heard before. Not that it was bad, but I was spoiled by Steven's 5.1 mix of Tull's "Songs from the Wood" which is just out of this world. I suppose part of the issue is that Tull's disc is just more suited to the format - new instruments and little embellishments just "pop up" all around. Sw seemed to be much more adventurous in mixing the Tull disc.

Like some others, the H-era Marillion just didn't take for me. The Fish era was pure gold (even in some of it's early experimentation.) I hope there is a box planned for Clutching at Straws!

• Like 2

Marillion first four albums in a remastered coloured vinyl box (using the jester's colours as pattern) would be the perfect gift
  • Like 1

Marillion first four albums in a remastered coloured vinyl box (using the jester's colours as pattern) would be the perfect gift

Geezer! Did you just make this up or does this product exist??? I want two copies! LOL!

Geezer! Did you just make this up or does this product exist??? I want two copies! LOL!

Alas, at the moment it is just a dream.....

I love FEAR but seeing the gig this year was a turn off for me. "H" is like another political, ultra-liberal lunatic blabbing and blathering on during the show about his own personal ideals and agenda. Like Roger Waters or even Don Henley. Shut the fook up and PLAY MUSIC! I pay my money for entertainment and for the love and beauty of music. Not some moron who just goes on and on and on about crap!!!

At least when FISH rambles on in between songs it's fukking FUNNY!!!!! I LOVE YOU FISH!!! "H" CAN PISS OFF YA WANKER!

My FEAR gig just might have been the best one I've ever seen in the Hogarth era.

I'm having a serious REAL MARILLION night!!! I got my two "Misplaced Childhood" box sets today! SO PUMPED! Guess I ordered them early enough to get the rare auto versions!

I'm cranking the live 2 cd concert first! INCREDIBLE!!!

Can't wait to hear the new mix by Steven Wilson!!

I hope they do a "Script" Box, a "Fugazi" Box and of course my favorite... a four disc "Clutching At Straws Box Set!!

Signed,

"Going Under"

A f***ing men brother. Got mine today.

We need these all done in this format!!!

Wait my friend? What??? Why wouldn't the band and Racket Records and Steven Wilson do the other "Fish Era" Marillion box sets?

We all know that Wilson did the Tull and the ELP!

They have to do all of the "FISH" Marillion box sets!!

Then just wait for the next wave. EMI will probably do the Hogarth Marillion Boxes.

Hint: I was just on the official FISH Website last night because I was just listening to this incredible box set. Well FISH reissued many of his album in box sets too!!

AMAZING!!

Of course none of his early EMI catalog was done in box sets. Just his amazing and underrated Chocolate Frog stuff.

This is a great time to be alive if you are in your late 40's.

Compact discs are still being pressed with better audio and bonus tracks with incredible new art inlayed boxes.

Downloading shit is for the millennials. You can have the world you wonderful wankers! Oil tankers have more culture than your ant penis brains.

LOL! I hope you don't always take everything I write seriously!

Thank The Universe and pure luck and timing that I was born in 1968! I am soooooooo happy that I am not a young person in this wacky world today. Good luck.

Until then, listen to music, study hard and bust your ass and seek a solid career.

Fall in love and have babies. But DON'T GET MARRIED!

Lol. Earl we can have he best of both worlds at any age.