"Imagine" If You Will..... A RUSH 2017 Charity Event First Place Winner! You Win It With Your Pledge! A Dinner With RUSH! What Would You Ask Them?

RUSHHEAD666

Mr Hypothetical here.

Let's say you win an charity auction event. Your money goes to a great cause to help out someone or so many who are less fortunate.

You are the winning bidder.

You get to fly to Toronto. Round trip ticket paid for.

Two nights in a 3 star Toronto Hotel. Paid for.

Transportation to and from the airport paid for.

You get to wine and dine with Geddy, Alex and yes, even Neil will be there.

It will just be the four of you at a wonderful top end restaurant.

All you can eat and drink with the boys. No time limit. Everything goes!!!

What questions would you ask them?

Whether is you were an introvert or an extrovert, would you be intimidated? Or would you just let it all hang out?

Many of you who read my stuff know how I would be.

I would be waiting with Neil's tubular bells around my feet!!!

But this isn't about me.

It's about you!!!!

What would you ask them?

The greatest band in the world with you. Sitting at an intimate table for four. I certainly hope the first question you would ask them is if they were ever going to get out and tour or record again!!!

THAT'S CLICHE!!!

THINK!

• Like 2

Mr Hypothetical here.

Let's say you win an charity auction event. Your money goes to a great cause to help out someone or so many who are less fortunate.

You are the winning bidder.

You get to fly to Toronto. Round trip ticket paid for.

Two nights in a 3 star Toronto Hotel. Paid for.

Transportation to and from the airport paid for.

You get to wine and dine with Geddy, Alex and yes, even Neil will be there.

It will just be the four of you at a wonderful top end restaurant.

All you can eat and drink with the boys. No time limit. Everything goes!!!

What questions would you ask them?

Whether is you were an introvert or an extrovert, would you be intimidated? Or would you just let it all hang out?

Many of you who read my stuff know how I would be.

I would be waiting with Neil's tubular bells around my feet!!!

But this isn't about me.

It's about you!!!!

What would you ask them?

The greatest band in the world with you. Sitting at an intimate table for four. I certainly hope the first question you would ask them is if they were ever going to get out and tour or record again!!!

THAT'S CLICHE!!!

THINK!

http://i.imgur.com/2d0AFAa.jpg

• Like 1

I would be calm and collected and ask a few probing questions:Alex-Whats your golf handicap?Neil-What was your best fuel consumption on your bike between gigs?Geddy-Why baseball?Crickets better.Collectively asked-Why didn't you bastards come to Australia?Anyway can you please sign this Van Halen record.Ta,thanks.
  • Like 2

I'd suggest them to release a studio album a la Marillion: fully funded by fans BEFORE they start to write it and record, and include a thank you to everyone who contributed to it in the liner notes. Having my name on a Rush album would be awesome!!!
  • Like 5

I know they've said there's no unreleased studio material. So I would ask them about unreleased Live material. There are a lot of songs that have been played live in concert and recorded that were never included on any of the live albums. Songs like Twilight Zone and Here Again. Maybe they've been available on Bootleg stuff, but I would like to hear professionally recorded stuff that is probably sitting on shelves in Alex's bedroom closet.
  • Like 2

Honestly, the only thing I would ask is for them to listen to my wife's awesome latest CD and if they liked it to pass it on to someone who could make things happen for her.

Shameless plug: https://roriekelly.bandcamp.com

Otherwise, I would try to engage with Neil on some political discussions because I think we'd get along there. I would talk to Geddy about baseball and with Alex I would just try to make him laugh by joking around. Mostly I'd want them to enjoy hanging out with me and not make them feel like they were tolerating a fan.

• Like 2

I'd start the questions based on the wine and meal I'm having and try to let the conversation flow naturally from there. I'd try to just be me, a dude not a :rush: fan. It would be the best way for them to enjoy my company, I'm already sporting metaphorical wood.
  • Like 2

I would have to think about what I would like to talk to them about. There's so much and it will be hard not to be a bit intimidated or embarrassed to ask them anything personal.
  • Like 2

I'd start the questions based on the wine and meal I'm having and try to let the conversation flow naturally from there. I'd try to just be me, a dude not a :rush: fan. It would be the best way for them to enjoy my company, I'm already sporting metaphorical wood.

Nothing about Zelix?
  • Like 1

Wine, food, travel, golf and the weird RUSH songs that I like (Dog Years!!!). To be honest, I'd rather go golfing with them than dinner.
  • Like 2

I would certainly bring up the mythical Caress Of Steel headlining shows. Did they play Fountain Of Lamneth live or not (and which parts)?

As a Deadhead, I would also ask which Grateful Dead songs they played live in their early days (I recall in interview somewhere where it was mentioned that they used to play some Dead tunes in their bar days).

• Like 1

I would be calm and collected and ask a few probing questions:Alex-Whats your golf handicap?Neil-What was your best fuel consumption on your bike between gigs?Geddy-Why baseball?Crickets better.Collectively asked-Why didn't you bastards come to Australia?Anyway can you please sign this Van Halen record.Ta,thanks.

Neil wouldn't be there.

• Like 1

I'd ask them if they consider Permanent Waves a 70s or 80s album ;)

If they say it's a 70s album, I'd nod and clap, and proceed to prove Neil right about how weird fans are.

If they say it's an 80's album, I'd give an exaggerated stretch and *yawn* and reply, "well, about time I was hitting the ol' dusty trail"

But hopefully, they'd all argue about it among themselves, which I'd record and release as a bootleg Rush argument.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 4

I talk guitars and guitar players with Alex. I'd try to remember to talk to Neil and Ged from time to time, of course -- hopefully they'll be able to entertain themselves for the most part.
  • Like 1

I think I'd be most interested in knowing how Charlene and Nancy managed to stay with Alex and Geddy for so many decades.

Retail therapy???

• Like 2

I would ask why they couldn't do more to be friends with Neil.

He refers to them as the "guys from work".

To put that much mileage together and have nothing but that sentiment tells me something.

I would ask why they couldn't do more to be friends with Neil.

He refers to them as the "guys from work".

To put that much mileage together and have nothing but that sentiment tells me something.

I think that's taken out of context as in his books he's also referred to them as his "soul brothers" and having a deep bond with them.

I'd like to go into more detail but I fell asleep in half of the Peart books that I've read. :P :yes:

Really, that "guys from work" comment isn't a serious comment on Neil's part. Everyone knows who he works/worked with. It's just Neil attempting to be playful.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1