35 years ago today (July 17) Screaming For Vengeance was released.

treeduck

I remember this like yesterday. I remember being blown away at how they changed their sound. Faster and heavier than their previous work for the most part. At the time this was probably the ultimate metal album and sound for me.
  • Like 5

35 years ago today, I was a month away from turning four years old ha!

Great album. Much better than their failed pop metal attempt on the previous effort. They got it right top to bottom on Screaming. An all time classic in a discography already filled with a number of them at that point.

• Like 2

Great album. Much better than their failed pop metal attempt on the previous effort. They got it right top to bottom on Screaming. An all time classic in a discography already filled with a number of them at that point.

Point of Entry has some great songs, but yeah, Screaming is perfect from start to finish.

• Like 3

Point of Entry has some great songs, but yeah, Screaming is perfect from start to finish.

it's their Moving Pictures. Perfect album.

• Like 3

My first Judas Priest album, and probably my first metal album. A true classic. Horns up!
  • Like 3

Electric Eye is one of those most perfect metal songs.

Devil's Child is sooooo awesome as a closer! Is it underrated or am I just not in the know? It seems underrated to me.

Fever and Pain And Pleasure are burning thrillers.

(Take These) Chains is a perfect gem.

Blooooo-ooooodstoo-oone!

Riding On The Wind is a true hot-blooded driving song

Screaming For Vengeance is a masterclass.

and what more's to be said about You Got Another Thing Coming?

• Like 3

Electric Eye is one of those most perfect metal songs.

Devil's Child is sooooo awesome as a closer! Is it underrated or am I just not in the know? It seems underrated to me.

Fever and Pain And Pleasure are burning thrillers.

(Take These) Chains is a perfect gem.

Blooooo-ooooodstoo-oone!

Riding On The Wind is a true hot-blooded driving song

Screaming For Vengeance is a masterclass.

and what more's to be said about You Got Another Thing Coming?

:goodone: Now I have to listen to it. Thanks for the appetizer. :cheers:

• Like 1

It's a solid album. But it doesn't come close to their 70s output. I think it's their last great album.

This album is their best sounding album even if stained class might be better.

• Like 1

I actually really enjoy Point of Entry. And Defenders is only a small step down from SFV.

I like 70s Priest a lot. But I love this album.

• Like 1

Precisely why many Priest fans say they don't like it.

some fans prefer the darker proggy 70s stuff but as far as metal albums go, it's perfect.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

It's a solid album. But it doesn't come close to their 70s output. I think it's their last great album.

The guitars and vocals maybe, but I could never stomach the drumming of Dave Holland.

The guitars and vocals maybe, but I could never stomach the drumming of Dave Holland.

Dave Holland had a driving style that was perfect for British Steel and Screaming. It's a shame he turned out to be a pedophile :|

• Like 2

some fans prefer the darker proggy 70s stuff but as far as metal albums go, it's perfect.

giphy.gif

I think there's a little contrarianism at play too. It's so perfect everyone bought it.