• The Vines
    • Biff Naked
    • Poison
    • Oasis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, but Run DMC founded the music genre that is now the most popular in America, rap.

Now you may not like rap, but you have to appreciate Run DMC for their early fusion of rhymes and rock samples, as well as smart lyrics and strong albums.

They did not flaunt rap as many of the young MCs do today. They respected their competitors and had fun with the music they made.

Not to mention, they helped revive Aerosmith's career when they did the remake of Walk This Way.

Before you start popping off names for bands to go on this list, put personal biases aside.

I'm glad you like Run DMC, I don't. It's not a personal bias it's a personal OPINION, I'm pretty sure I can have one of those. I also don't like Aerosmith after the late 70's, but they did put out several songs that I did like so I didn't include them in my list.

Before you start telling me what to like or not like, engage your brain and figure out that not everybody likes the same things.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 18 2005, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (Raider917 @ Oct 18 2005, 12:57 AM)
Steely Dan have to rank right up there with the worst of them. How they can be classified by Radio VH1 as classic rock i dont know.  confused13.gif

I hope you're joking.

Me too!

QUOTE (tangdog @ Oct 18 2005, 07:09 AM)
QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 18 2005, 12:04 AM)
QUOTE (Raider917 @ Oct 18 2005, 12:57 AM)
Steely Dan have to rank right up there with the worst of them. How they can be classified by Radio VH1 as classic rock i dont know.  confused13.gif

I hope you're joking.

Me too!

Me three!

I'm going to have to take a big risk here and say Slayer. I had a friend who just loved them to death and they seem to have a rabid following, but I just can't get over that wall of noise they call music. The guitar solos are kind of pointless.

A friend loaned me the new Rolling Stones album. It has gotten rave reviews. I tried to listen to it. I really did. I could manage about five seconds of the first six tracks.

It's good to know that the Rolling Stones are just as simple and lame as always. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 27 2005, 11:05 PM)
Because I have heard better sounds whizzing out of a pigs ass.

z7shysterical.gif