2. 2. Weakest track on Sabotage?

• Hole in the Sky
    • Symptom of the Universe
    • Megalomania
    • The Thrill of It All
    • Supertzar
    • Am I Going Insane (Radio)
    • The Writ

Too short instrumental Don't Start (Too Late) is left out.

My top 3 picks: Symptom of the Universe, Hole in the Sky and The Writ

Weakest track: Am I Going Insane (Radio), far and away - a totally dumb clunker

Edited by Texas King

Too short instrumental Don't Start (Too Late) is left out.

My top 3 picks: Symptom of the Universe, Hole in the Sky and The Writ

Weakest track: Am I Going Insane (Radio), far and away - a totally dumb clunker

I agree with your top choices but I've got a soft spot for Am I Going Insane. I first heard it on We Sold Our Souls, I've always thought it was good.

• Like 1

Hole, Symptom, Thrill top 3

Superstarz - no

I was at this Black Sabbath show when they tour Sabotage. Glad someone bootlegged this show because it needed to be.

For years , i thought i was the only one who didnt really care about insane lol

But overall this album was always a favorite of mine

I don't hate Am I Going Insane like a lot of fans seem to. I like the song but it's easily the weakest on the album.

Supertzar is a good little instrumental and makes for an excellent concert intro.

I don't hate Am I Going Insane like a lot of fans seem to. I like the song but it's easily the weakest on the album.

Supertzar is a good little instrumental and makes for an excellent concert intro.

That's all it is a concert intro, but most of the time an intro isn't a good track.

Favorite early Sab album and just a fave album whatsoever anytime.

Bassicaly flawless.

Not a bad track throughout.

Perfect album and my favorite by them. I never skip a track!! I can still remember when it first came out.

Signed,

Kenny Cooper

:codger:

Agree. One of the best albums anytime by anybody.

You're a Kenny also? Cool.

• Like 1

Perfect album and my favorite by them. I never skip a track!! I can still remember when it first came out.

Signed,

Kenny Cooper

:codger:

Agree. One of the best albums anytime by anybody.

You're a Kenny also? Cool.

No,

That was my friend's name. He called me up and said he bought it. I rode my bike about 3-4 miles to go and listen to it.

I recently started giving Sabbath a fair shot after ignoring them most of my life. It was Ozzy's Boneyard on XM Satellite that motivated me to start listening as I kept hearing Sabbath stuff played on it that I liked.

I can't believe I've gone this long without listening to them, and specifically Sabotage. It doesn't seem to be given a lot of accolades compared to their other albums, but it is just brilliant. It's arguably the first progressive metal album. Megalomania is 10 minutes of catchy awesomeness, Hole in the Sky and Symptom of the Universe are full of classic Iommi riffing, and The Writ is the best I have ever heard Ozzy Osbourne sound at any point in his career. I always discounted Ozzy as kind of a goofball without much range. A performer rather than a singer. But his vocals on Sabotage are actually soulful. He's great on Bloody too, but he peaked with Sabotage for sure. There are no fillers on this album. Even the lesser songs have some catchy and beautiful parts. Bloody has too much filler to compare to Sabotage and Paranoid is great, but it is still raw and doesn't have the progression of Sabotage IMO

Tony Iommi is the original riff master before Alex. I urge Rush fans to give this album a listen and see if you fall in love with it like I did...

• Like 1

I cannot vote in this poll because there are no truly weak tracks on this album and I wanted to leave that section blank and it wouldn't let me vote in that manner. Great album that does not get its due in my opinion. Edited by driventotheedge