10 Actors Who May Be the Next James Bond

JohnnyBlaze

The Next 007?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the best James Bond actor?

• Tom Hardy
    • Tom Hiddleston
    • Damien Lewis
    • Idris Elba
    • Hugh Jackman
    • Henry Cavill
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Ryan Gosling
    • James Norton
    • Aidan Turner
    • (Other)
  2. 2. And what of Daniel Craig?

• I'd rather have him return than break in any of those 10 listed or someone else.
    • I wouldn't mind a different Bond actor. No hard feelings Craig.
    • Get rid of him!
    • I don't care either way.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ervLrAvx44E/WQfjYDebL3I/AAAAAAAADbI/mG-FxOzNrRQyBe9bYpWQ8ofNQwh4kz-jACLcB/s1600/Hulk%2BArtists.png

Which do you like best? Sal Buscema and John Byrne all the way for me!

I would say Sal Buscema, Herbe Trimpe, Dick Ayers and Ed Hannigan is good too. John Romita Sr. did some cool HULK covers as well. Who is PM that's pretty good work too.

Name's escaping me at the moment. But it IS within that classic period in the 70s so we've seen the work many times before. In fact, I'm sure I've seen that exact comic from where that drawing comes from

Pablo Marcos, I believe

:hail:

Good call. Wouldn't have gotten that. :no:

Another couple of guys who did HULK covers are Dave Cockrum and Ernie Chan.

Ah, Ernie Chan was the Filipino dude who did the inks for Sal Buscema's great Hulk run. They were great together. Probably my favorite Hulk combo. Didn't know he did any of the covers, or never thought about it anyway.

I don't remember any Cockrum Hulk stuff. Always thought of him as the "New X-Men" artist when Phoenix was born. I never really liked his art except for JUST the covers or some dynamic splash page.

Where are we?

Oh yeah, BOND! :LOL:

There's some info about those guys here:

http://www.simonwill...dible-hulk.html

Looking through that Ernie Chan might be the absolute ultimate HULK artist.

Yeah Ernie Chan was right at the time when I was in my peak Marvel lust. Looking at that and remembering those issues, he'd be my #2 behind Sal. The cool Bi-Beast issues somewhere around 210-220 were Ernie's. However, I SWEAR I thought it was Sal's pencils + Ernie's inks for many of those years...and I guess it could've been. That IS around 40 years ago so memory mess and all that

• Like 1

All men? Sexist.

I saw an article (after I saw this one and posted this thread) which suggested Gillian Anderson as a possible JANE Bond. Even if audiences can somehow accept a female Bond, there's still the age factor as she'll be 49 this year. AND there's the hang up that she's not English.

I think she just switches her accent depending on what country she's in. Every time I see her interviewed in England, she speaks with an English accent.

This is one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Accent or no accent, she's 49 which is not a great age for this role IMO. I thing a Jane bond is a decent idea though. Why not?

The accent switching isn't as uncommon as you might think when it comes to expats living abroad for extended periods of time. I notice my brothers' accents more now than ever. Yet they've likely had the same accent (having lived in Florida since '74). And they say my English is a bit "different" now too. I'd say so. It's not intentional/conscious thing in my particular case.

John Barrowman is another example. He spent so much time in America, and uses an American accent for acting and interviews...only switching to his native Scottish accent when with his family

and if you're interested, here's Gillian Anderson on Parkinson:

My wife is not originally from here and while she might switch languages I never hear her accent change. This is fascinating.

I remember reading something about her accent change. She does speak with an American accent when she's here and a British accent when she's in England. They have asked her about it interviews and she's not aware she's doing it. Probably part of the reason why she's a good actress. Her brain is wired to pick things up easily.

I think Gerard Butler would be a good choice...he certainly has the "toughness" factor and as Bond is Half Scottish (iirc) he has the right pedigree too.....

I think Gerard Butler would be a good choice...he certainly has the "toughness" factor and as Bond is Half Scottish (iirc) he has the right pedigree too.....

He'll be 48 this year which I think is too old to START playing Bond.

10-15 years ago I probably would've been ok with Butler