Do you like Ozzie O's singing?

Lorraine

Ozzy is a great heavy metal and hard rock showman. He's not a great vocalist, but he's a great rock singer. When you think about it, a hell of a lot of rock singers are not very good.

You summed up my feeling perfectly. I might add one other thing, Ozzy has something that all truly great rock frontmen have, charisma.

And btw, he's not a horrible vocalist either.

• Like 1

I really liked the first few BS albums, but I couldn't take his singing and just stopped listening to them.

Wondering what everyone else here thinks.

it's great when i'm in the mood. maybe technically not a great voice. it was AWESOME for what that band was doing.

Mick

I agree with Mick. When I'm in the mood I'm a OZZY ADDICT! As you all know we have Treeduck on here. But I am a strange duck. I love all Black Sabbath but man I LOVE OZZY'S SOLO STUFF MORE!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!

OZZY FUCKKING RULES!

He's gonna outlive us all!

• Like 1

Feels like time for an Ozzy classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGgECvDBDCU

Only one of the greatest songs ever made.

Every Ozzy record including "No More Tears" is a masterpiece.

I do love "OZZMOSIS" but it was the beginning of the end. As some of you know Steve Vai recorded the guitar tracks for that record. OZZY Fukkin hated it. So he called Zakk to come in and lay it down.

Still, as I have mentioned this on here for over a decade. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to have CBS release these Vai Ozzy recordings from the vault!

OZZY RULES!

"Black Rain" wasn't bad.

• Like 1

Who else could make a line about boot wearing fairies dancing with a dwarf sound cool?

And, on cue, Faeries Wear Boots comes on. :haz:

It's crazy how we are all connected to music.

I just read about Elton John doing a Farewell Tour. "Rocket Man" is on my stereo.

• Like 1

Who else could make a line about boot wearing fairies dancing with a dwarf sound cool?

And, on cue, Faeries Wear Boots comes on. :haz:

Or

Who else but Geddy can make a song about computers, processors, random samples, mind shifters, etc sound cool?

On that note give me "Technical Ecstasy" instead.

Hell I will take "DIGITAL BITCH" too. Hell I married one.

How about "Computer God" by Black Sabbath with DIO!!

BOOM!

Signed,

"Master Of Insanity"

Love Ozzy, only surpassed by Halford in the metal realm for me.

Ozzy vs Geddy?

best to worst

Halford

Geddy

Ozzy

I love Ged to death, more than Ozzy, but I can't quite say Ged is better than Rob.

Ozzy vs Geddy?

best to worst

Halford

Geddy

Ozzy

I love Ged to death, more than Ozzy, but I can't quite say Ged is better than Rob.

HALFORD

MERCURY

TATE

OZZY

GEDDY

Totally fair.

• Like 1

Ozzy vs Geddy?

best to worst

Halford

Geddy

Ozzy

HALFORD

MERCURY

TATE

OZZY

GEDDY

Totally fair.

Thanks amigo!

• Like 1

I compare Ozzy to Mick Jagger and Willie Nelson in a way. Not great in a technical way, but loaded with charisma. Either you like these singers, or not. Not many people are in the middle about it. If you ask my wife, she'll forego Ozzy for Dio any day.
  • Like 1

I compare Ozzy to Mick Jagger and Willie Nelson in a way. Not great in a technical way, but loaded with charisma. Either you like these singers, or not. Not many people are in the middle about it. If you ask my wife, she'll forego Ozzy for Dio any day.

You can throw David Lee Roth and Steven Tyler in there for good measure. And Brian Johnson and Bon Scott.

Most rock singers, to be honest.

You can throw David Lee Roth and Steven Tyler in there for good measure. And Brian Johnson and Bon Scott.

Can't agree with you on Steven Tyler. That man has a one-in-a-million voice, and those screams are pure, unfiltered rock and roll. Range he's got covered, and as far as technical ability you can't ignore his versatility (Big Ten Inch Record to Dream On to Cryin' to Last Child to much more) and his control (all the a cappella stuff in Love In An Elevator). Tyler is top 3 for me.

• Like 1

Can't agree with you on Steven Tyler. That man has a one-in-a-million voice, and those screams are pure, unfiltered rock and roll. Range he's got covered, and as far as technical ability you can't ignore his versatility (Big Ten Inch Record to Dream On to Cryin' to Last Child to much more) and his control (all the a cappella stuff in Love In An Elevator). Tyler is top 3 for me.

I love Tyler and Aerosmith. But I don't think technical ability is his strong suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXF4hIkl9E

I do love Ozzy's voice. Its not the best live but on the albums it's awesome.
  • Like 1

I love Tyler and Aerosmith. But I don't think technical ability is his strong suit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXF4hIkl9E

Meh...The National Anthem isn't for everybody. You can be a great singer in some contexts and not others...but I suppose I overplayed his technique a bit. I still think he's about perfect though.