which albums to buy next

Xx_blahblahblah_xX

so, i have roll the bones, clockwork angels, hemispheres, moving pictures, and aftk. what should i buy next? (don't say all of them; i don't have infinite money, haha)

Which of those do you like the most? If you say RTB, my recommendation probably wouldn't be Caress of Steel. Not that you can't like both of course.

clockwork angels is my favorite atm, but sometimes it changes. i recently went on a huge aftk kick

I vote Grace Under Pressure as well. Why isn't this a poll?

I think you should post a poll every time you are ready to buy a new RUSH album.

lol, would be entertaining, but I think this is the better way to do it. Let others influence your decisions if you wish, sure, but I don't advocate letting others make your decisions for you unless you're somehow impaired and require outside aid.

Well, from the point of view of someone who's had all of the albums for over 20 years (and the others as they were released), I only really care about the entertainment value of this thread. I mean, if you are not going to have the gumption to direct yourself in how you are going to go about purchasing music, why not have a fan board majority decide for you? After all, you've already let go of fully making the choice on your own, why not let go completely?

:blink:

That sir, is a bad argument.

Well I, obviously, think it is great. Perhaps you should start a poll?

What poll? I'm not the one trying to choose my next Rush album here.

A poll of whether my argument is a good one or not! :dweez:

no thanks

u guys need to chill lmao i just wanted some input

Edited by Xx_blahblahblah_xX

Which album to buy next depends largely on what you'd be hoping for. If you like one album from your current collection more than others, and are hoping that your next album purchased will resemble your current fave, then that will help dictate your choice. Likewise, if you're hoping a for a new listening experience, that will dictate your choice.

Good points.

I recommended Permanent Waves because I think that and Moving Pictures are a collection of very special songs at a very special time in Rush's history. With Vital Signs signaling (no pun intended) what the future would be, you can almost shuffle those two albums and have just an awesome set of songs.

so, i have roll the bones, clockwork angels, hemispheres, moving pictures, and aftk. what should i buy next? (don't say all of them; i don't have infinite money, haha)

Which of those do you like the most? If you say RTB, my recommendation probably wouldn't be Caress of Steel. Not that you can't like both of course.

clockwork angels is my favorite atm, but sometimes it changes. i recently went on a huge aftk kick

Ah ok. I don't really think there's any other Rush album that sounds like CA. Good album and easily their best from this century. IMHO

As for your next album, I'd go with Permanent Waves for two reasons:

1) It's a classic that's ALWAYS rated in the top 3 Rush albums (sometimes #1) by TRF.

2) You already have A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, and Moving Pictures. Waves fills that run of greatness.

• Like 1

Ah ok. I don't really think there's any other Rush album that sounds like CA. Good album and easily their best from this century. IMHO

As for your next album, I'd go with Permanent Waves for two reasons:

1) It's a classic that's ALWAYS rated in the top 3 Rush albums (sometimes #1) by TRF.

2) You already have A Farewell To Kings, Hemispheres, and Moving Pictures. Waves fills that run of greatness.

Yes...Permanent Waves seems to be the most popular choice since the OP asked the question. And for very good reason.

• Like 1

But you sure can hate both.

But you sure can hate both.

I'd understand that.

I like Steel though it's not in my top 10 Rush.

RTB is my 2nd least liked Rush. I dislike a few tunes on it, like only a few, and don't care about the rest.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze