Can "Headlong Flight" sneak into your top 20 Rush songs?

Texas King

Can "Headlong Flight" sneak into your top 20 Rush songs?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Can "Headlong Flight" sneak into your top 20 Rush songs?

Doubt it....it is a great song, one of the best from Clockwork Angels, but to be honest, I don't think ive listened to that album in a year or two..Probably last time I listened to the song was live at R40.

There are a lot of good Rush songs and albums that I get an urge to listen to every month or so....but I dont think anything on CA fits that category. I kinda feel like CA was like the new Star Wars, Force Awakens. Was really cool at first but for me hasnt aged particularly well.

Edited by tx_rush

If HF was on a 70s Rush album, the old fuddy duddies would consider it a top 20 track.

TRF has become the grumpy old men in the balcony from The Muppet Show.

• Like 2

it was a great way to kick off the night during the last tour,especially the drum intro,but i do not think it qualifies as a top 20 rush song cause so many other great rush songs out there tgh.hat kicks more ass.i like caravan better though.

:yes: Absolutely.

It's one of the most difficult songs they made. Geddy, Alex and Neil worked their best.

Headlong Flight totally rules and it's RUSH, registered, written, composed, sang, played and applauded.

:rush:

• Like 5

I could see The Wreckers, Headlong Flight and Clockwork Angels making my top twenty.

I don't hate this album at all I just find the best songs almost in equal measure with duds.

:yes: Absolutely.

It's one of the most difficult songs they made. Geddy, Alex and Neil worked their best.

Headlong Flight totally rules and it's RUSH, registered, written, composed, sang, played and applauded.

:rush:

I totally agree with this!

No...despite the killer lead in, headlong flight wouldn't even crack my top 30 or 40. Probably not even my top 50. Hell, probably not even my top 100. I don't hate it per se...just not overly enamored of it.

If HF was on a 70s Rush album, the old fuddy duddies would consider it a top 20 track.

I just gave it a listen. Tweak the song a tiny bit in the production studio it could have been a 2112 B-side. I suppose it could crack the top twenty while I'm on a Rush binge getting tired of something else.

• Like 1